• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Biggest problem to me is how poor was the rework that older characters got, like the Ryuuki riders. Not a lot of options to take out red health neither good Rider Ability options, like Delta/Skull/Faiz/Accel...

But it was understandable, and the Showa Riders are really great and fun.

Are you asking me for something? Because if you want me to do a Femme primer all you need to do is ask. I was planning on doing one anyway.

And because I promised Shaowebb I would is below are the weblinks for the DLC for Battride War 2!

Kiwami Arms & Zangetsu Shin

Enjoy!

WarRock

Haha, not really Rex, only Ryuuki Rider I enjoy playing is Ryuuki himself, but even then he is too stiff for me. But I'm real glad you'll do more primers =)

By the way, have you ever messed with the PSX fighter Rhythm Busters? It's very simple and straightforward, but the music and the character models are so good.

Haha, not really Rex, only Ryuuki Rider I enjoy playing is Ryuuki himself, but even then he is too stiff for me. But I'm real glad you'll do more primers =)

By the way, have you ever messed with the PSX fighter Rhythm Busters? It's very simple and straightforward, but the music and the character models are so good.

I'm taking Ryuki for a spin right now and there's some dirty stuff available to him. Yep, going to show that off soon.

And Slap Happy Rhythm Busters, that's a fun classic. I played around with it a bit a long time ago but never put in the lab time to discover what's under the hood. Time to change that.

shaowebb

Are you asking me for something? Because if you want me to do a Femme primer all you need to do is ask. I was planning on doing one anyway.

And because I promised Shaowebb I would is below are the weblinks for the DLC for Battride War 2!

Kiwami Arms & Zangetsu Shin

Enjoy!

Oh man I can't thank you enough for this. I couldn't use search on the Japanese store since it was in a language I couldn't spell "kamen rider" in and navigating the store itself for DLC was a nightmare.

Played them both and man are the great.

Zangetsu is a dash heavy Rider with fast and long strings that end in launchers which feed his long aerial combos. Not only that but his rider cancel is a suuuuuuuuper long range and fast dash that sets him up to dash out of crowds and to bombard them with melon energy shots or strong attack arrows. Great usage of rider cancels abound in his strings. SS tier.

Kiwami Arms has the most moves of any one I've seen. Fast with huge damage and he actually has strings like Dynasty Warriors! No more square or triangle only series for him. His 2 string (square square triangle) makes him end in an acorn hammer shockwave, his 3 string makes him throw the kiwi discs in huuuuuuuge areas to clear crowds, his 5 string ends in banana lance and his 6 and 7 are pineapple and mango respectively. His final form is just a beefed up version of his regular stuff but he does a fully charged enormous combo through all his strings for massive damage upon activation. Also has a terrific chargeable projectile to clear lines in crowds. One of the best movesets in the game for combos, damage, speed, and versatility. SSS tier

Given how good all the new additions are compared to the battride war 1 folks I have high hopes that this is a sign they intend to step up the combo options and speeds in a sequel someday. Hopefully we see one...this is an idea that needs to keep going.

jwk94

Marketing or end of roll call phrase? You decide!

B59fn9_IAAMs7XY.jpg

Defuser

nininq0pyx.jpg

Wow their Ninja costumes is kinda lacking, I was hoping for more ninja-like like Kakuranger.

kakuren0vq9o.jpg

Or at least like MMPR ninja costume lol.

jwk94

I was looking through other forums.

Ah.

As for official vs fan-sub, I always preferred them keeping the "X Sentai Y" thing as is instead of translating it.

Holy crap, the ninjas are standing on their mechs during that running sequence. It's like Dairanger!

WarRock

Oh man I can't thank you enough for this. I couldn't use search on the Japanese store since it was in a language I couldn't spell "kamen rider" in and navigating the store itself for DLC was a nightmare.
The joys of Pixiv tags, Kamen Rider is 仮面ライダー.

Speaking about it, here some cool stuff from there:

Wow their Ninja costumes is kinda lacking, I was hoping for more ninja-like like Kakuranger.
I am really impressed with Kakuranger art direction in general, can't remember another toku comparable at it right now.

jwk94

Dino Charge extended trailer!

- Official reveal of Claire
- Looks like we have a small look at the base
- Energems!
- Cadelira and Aigaron are there with Sledge. Kinda wonder if Chaos will be introduced later or become a Sledge upgrade like Venjix did for hsi other forms.
- "woo hoo" sounded bad...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

- Energems!
- Cadelira and Aigaron are there with Sledge. Kinda wonder if Chaos will be introduced later or become a Sledge upgrade like Venjix did for hsi other forms.

*sees people on Facebook call it a Dino Thunder rip-off*
*sighs sadly*

At least it still looks good. Just gotta "Keep Smiling"

WillyFive

- Energems!

Such boring and terrible trailers, they pick the worst CG footage from Kyoryuger, set to boring stock music and voice overs that were clearly recorded on-set, and the original footage seems like fanfilm material, especially the parts in the park. Not to mention Sledge looks totally out-of-place next to all the Kyoryuger villains, the designers didn't even bother to make him look close to the Sentai designs.

But I still have hopes for this show. RPM was great.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man this reminds me how badass Kamen Rider Agito's theme is. Also the last OP to have Kamen Rider in its lyrics iirc. Wish we have at least once more.

I really miss Shinichi Ishihara. The Agito and GoGo V themes are so good. Damn shame he doesn't do much these days.

And OOO
And Wizard

Seriously, the Secondary Rider showing up the main Rider isn't anything new.

Not quite. Beast might have been more likable but he was amateur hour compared to Wizard. In fact, they had to tone down Wizard's fight scenes big time when Beast showed up.

You know, including the fact that Beast was the beginning episode fodder to just get his ass kicked for Wizard to clean it up later.

WarRock

Not quite. Beast might have been more likable but he was amateur hour compared to Wizard. In fact, they had to tone down Wizard's fight scenes big time when Beast showed up.

You know, including the fact that Beast was the beginning episode fodder to just get his ass kicked for Wizard to clean it up later.

wut

wut wut?

Go back and watch Wizard. After his debut, every episode was

-Monster shows up
-Beast happens to be there for some reason without Haruto
-Gets his ass kicked
-Monster runs away
-Talking talking
-Monster appears again
-Wizard faces him this time
-Wizard wins

WarRock

He disappeared for half of the show, usually showing up because "mayo shenanigans and living on a tent lol" and to beat grunts while Wizard fought the Phantom himself.

Haruto never beat the Phantoms at first too, because two episode structures suck.

javadoze

He disappeared for half of the show, usually showing up because "mayo shenanigans and living on a tent lol" and to beat grunts while Wizard fought the Phantom himself.

Haruto never beat the Phantoms at first too, because two episode structures suck.

Pretty much.

Then it just so happened his brain fell out and became more of a Rider than Haruto by teaching a kid how to ride a bike and
saving Tokyo in the pre-finale (that was better than the actual finale).

Did I mention Beast is a weirdly written character? The writers of Wizard practically give him more Rider-esque character moments at the end of the show than Haruto.

Tiu Neo

I was thinking about all this 40th Sentai anniversary... it's probably not happening, but what if Toei will count Ninja Captor as a Sentai, once again? With Ninjas, it would make sense.

(But it'll probably be just some small homeages and something like that for the past sentai. Didn't Goseiger do something like that too?)

Btw, Carranger counts as a parody season, but Kakuranger doesn't? I decided what I'll watch after Ninjas, Kakuranger is already funny as hell.

WillyFive

I was thinking about all this 40th Sentai anniversary... it's probably not happening, but what if Toei will count Ninja Captor as a Sentai, once again? With Ninjas, it would make sense.

(But it'll probably be just some small homeages and something like that for the past sentai. Didn't Goseiger do something like that too?)

Btw, Carranger counts as a parody season, but Kakuranger doesn't? I decided what I'll watch after Ninjas, Kakuranger is already funny as hell.

Carranger is a legit Sentai, it was just written to be a parody of the series.

Tiu Neo

Carranger is a legit Sentai, it was just written to be a parody of the series.

Yes, that's why it's a parody sentai, heh. But Kakuranger is already crazy as hell, it doesn't even try to be serious, at least up to the episode I watched. I love it.

If Carranger is crazier than that, it may become my favorite :p

WillyFive

Yes, that's why it's a parody sentai, heh. But Kakuranger is already crazy as hell, it doesn't even try to be serious, at least up to the episode I watched. I love it.

If Carranger is crazier than that, it may become my favorite :p

I love the show. It manages to be absolutely insane and yet still grounded, basically the craziest stuff will happen and the characters will pass it off as normal. It's hilarious.

KingDirk

Guys, I need someone to alert me as soon as pre-orders for a Mach Figuarts go on sale. I love his costume, I love his style, I love him. As my wife said when we watched last night's episode 'I love everything this Kamen Rider chooses to be.'

AMAZING CIRCUS

Zynx

Guys, I need someone to alert me as soon as pre-orders for a Mach Figuarts go on sale. I love his costume, I love his style, I love him. As my wife said when we watched last night's episode 'I love everything this Kamen Rider chooses to be.'

AMAZING CIRCUS

I think Amazing Circus will be a Drive tool though as it's not a bike, Mach will probably be limited to the 5 bikes we saw orbiting him in the episode, at least until an upgraded form perhaps?

All these recent series have given secondary riders a lot less toys than the main rider, it's so lopsided.

I think Amazing Circus will be a Drive tool though as it's not a bike, Mach will probably be limited to the 5 bikes we saw orbiting him in the episode, at least until an upgraded form perhaps?

All these recent series have given secondary riders a lot less toys than the main rider, it's so lopsided.

Via catalogs:

Drive - High Speed, Formula, and Dead Heat (A combo of Shift Car and Signal Bikes)
Mach - Dead Heat
Chase - Unnamed Upgrade

Mach's Signal Bikes are Signal Turn, Signal Stop, Signal All Directions, and Signal Danger.

The Mach Driver can also use Shift Cars.

KingDirk

I was more just in love with the fact he introduced himself with the backdrop and confetti and streamers. It was one of those moments I was shocked they leaned into an element (he looks Kinevalish!) Last time that happened for me was when Meteor's Henshin tune was all disco.

ahdurian

I actually like Mach...but the craziness of it bugs me
i mean...like the
freaking rope act he did in the fight...reminds me of Spiderman comics/cartoons where the web was attached to like another dimension or some crap

Also, I'm assuming he'll be
time based? "i supposed 90 seconds before time's up"....and just about 90 seconds later, the fights done, then he poses, lifts his helmet and steam comes out

Slayven

My reaction, too. It almost looks like he's struggling with the character. Mach's design is good, though. But with what I think the worst henshin poses.

I think they are suppose to be showy, but doesn't come across as that.

I like that the Roidmodes don't give a shit about Brain. Be interesting if there was a reef in the leadership.

WarRock

Also, I'm assuming he'll be
time based? "i supposed 90 seconds before time's up"....and just about 90 seconds later, the fights done, then he poses, lifts his helmet and steam comes out
Huh, missed that. interesting, hope it's not something that just gets fixed (or forgotten) later on. Is making the secondary Riders with a transformation flaw a thing, now? Beast, Hell Lockseed and Mach?

Top Bottom