• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Mystic Force and Jungle Fury made me take a hiatus on Power Rangers

Im still puzzled they decided to skip Go-Busters. Mostly zord fights the only real problem I see is having to film extra footage to replace Enter and Escape

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There were rumors that elements of Go-Busters will be incorporated into Dino Charge, but that's probably not going to happen
Though one of the cast listings had "CIA Agent" as a character, so people are hoping they're "CIA Rangers" or something.

At this point, just wait and see really.

The big reason Go-Busters was skipped wasn't footage, but profitability. Go-Busters bombed in toy sales (not including a collectable like the Secret Disks or the Ranger Keys was likely a major reason). Plus, ratings were kind of in the toilet and fans were decrying the series for being too different (funny how two years later, people love the series BECAUSE it's different)

Kyoryuger on the other hand stuck with Sentai formula, and while ratings weren't too high, it was a major toy seller (best one since Gaoranger). Combined with Jurassic World coming out next year, and in a business sense it makes the most sense to adapt it.

Slayven

Mystic Force and Jungle Fury made me take a hiatus on Power Rangers

Im still puzzled they decided to skip Go-Busters. Mostly zord fights the only real problem I see is having to film extra footage to replace Enter and Escape

If I was doing power rangers go busters I would make Enter and Escape surfer dude and duddettes twins. A play on web surfing since they would be computer viruses. Plus them replying to their boss using "Gnarly", "Totes", and "Whatevs" is hilarious to me.

If it's an anniversary, I guess a crossover movie is pretty much guaranteed. Kind of odd that they moved the date of the anniversary, considering how they usually seemed to go with the number of shows though.
It's because Gorenger ran for two years. So Ninninger might be the 39th show, but it falls on the 40th year.

Corgi

Banned
really curious how they are going to adapt ToQ. Besides Japan what other countries even give a damn about trains these days?

Do kids in countries in Europe with dope high speed trains care?

BatDan

really curious how they are going to adapt ToQ. Besides Japan what other countries even give a damn about trains these days?

I think Thomas the Tank Engine is still popular. Kind of.
Though there's a pretty big difference between the two...
Plus, there's the fact that the contract with Nickelodeon expires in 2016. I imagine it's going to get renewed, but the way Nickelodeon is handling all their shows now, and the advent of online distribution... nah, it's probably going to get renewed and we'll suffer more 20 episode seasons because Nickelodeon is run by brain-damaged monkeys.

I do think that come 2017, we'll see "Power Rangers Shinobi Warriors" or something.

jwk94

There were rumors that elements of Go-Busters will be incorporated into Dino Charge, but that's probably not going to happen
Though one of the cast listings had "CIA Agent" as a character, so people are hoping they're "CIA Rangers" or something.

The big reason Go-Busters was skipped wasn't footage, but profitability. Go-Busters bombed in toy sales (not including a collectable like the Secret Disks or the Ranger Keys was likely a major reason). Plus, ratings were kind of in the toilet and fans were decrying the series for being too different (funny how two years later, people love the series BECAUSE it's different)

Kyoryuger on the other hand stuck with Sentai formula, and while ratings weren't too high, it was a major toy seller (best one since Gaoranger). Combined with Jurassic World coming out next year, and in a business sense it makes the most sense to adapt it.
Yeah, skipping Go-Busters makes a lot of sense, although I still want my RPM sequel =(

A friend of mine bought her son or younger relative of some sort a toy train so I guess they're still kind of relevant.

I think Thomas the Tank Engine is still popular. Kind of.
Though there's a pretty big difference between the two...
Plus, there's the fact that the contract with Nickelodeon expires in 2016. I imagine it's going to get renewed, but the way Nickelodeon is handling all their shows now, and the advent of online distribution... nah, it's probably going to get renewed and we'll suffer more 20 episode seasons because Nickelodeon is run by brain-damaged monkeys.

I do think that come 2017, we'll see "Power Rangers Shinobi Warriors" or something.
Would be interesting to see them dump the whole season online and broadcast it on TV like they're doing with Korra.

WillyFive

Trains are still HUGE worldwide. The real question is if ToQger's toys would be appealing or not, because they are really simplistic and poor.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
None of the characters really clicked for me tbh. Even if I made it to the endgame stuff I still probably wouldn't like much of what was going on. Not unless everyone dies except for Tokatti or something like that, he's the only one I sort of liked.

BatDan

None of the characters really clicked for me tbh. Even if I made it to the endgame stuff I still probably wouldn't like much of what was going on. Not unless everyone dies except for Tokatti or something like that, he's the only one I sort of liked.

They're not going to kill them,
they're kids in adult bodies.

WillyFive

iNrTNaDeh00rY.jpg

They are?

They are plain solid-color pieces of plastic; they are absolutely woeful next to the toys for Chugginton and Thomas.

shaowebb

Okay played some more Battride War and started fishing for combo length. If you use Rider Cancels to roll it keeps stringing together hits so long as the gap between hits isn't too long. Ordinarily Den O is a small combo guy in all forms save Gun form because it hits EVERYWHERE, but I started using the cancels...got over 400 hits without effort. At every 100 hit count an Imagin pops up to cheer like the officers in Dynasty Warriors too :)

BTW played some more guys...

• Kabuto is straight up meh. First game he wasn't busted in, but low hits low damage and not much goin for him. Low tier.
  • Faiz is a god damned combo factory. His Rider Kick can be setup with strong and then when you hit triangle and circle he homes in on the area you laid down and hits for HUNDREDS while that drill is on them. If you fill his Hissatsu gauge (orange gauge under all rider's faces) and hit R2 to turn into his final form he automatically does a fully charged hissatsu worth around 300 hits! Boss as fuuuuuuuuuuuck. High to S tier.
  • Blade is great. You build AP points as you fight and you can select card attacks or combos instead of forms and each is labeled with a point cost. Get the AP, hit down on Dpad and do a massive attack. Final card combo? FUSION JACK FORM. Lasts a long time before it runs down and grants you huge swooping high damage jump attacks. R2 is King form of course and Royals Straight Flush is every bit as boss as it was on the show. High tier guy.
  • AGITO TOO STRONK. Pick a form...any. Hits like a truck, his Rider cancel is a full on shoulder ram to keep the combos goin instead of a roll and his sword/burning form stuff is insanely powerful with its damage, range and stun. SSS tier.
  • Kuuga is good. His triangle combos in his blue form with the staff are the best as they are launcher that can be followed up with rapid X attacks ( I can nail 8 stabs with X before landing). Plus all his forms are good and have nice launcher combos. Easy to hit with and easy to stay high in combos on. Gun form is great too...it moves around a LOT like Zhu Ran in DW8XL and keeps him mobile while covering large crowds. One of the best ranged movesets in the game really. Good to high tier.

EDIT: Also I got a TAJADOR combo shirt for Xmas that I forgot to mention when I got this game. Good times <3

javadoze

Bracing myself for a good themesong? (I know Gekiranger's theme is pretty great.)

The Ninningers seem... strangely dressed? Maybe it's because I'm used to more elaborate team outfits in tokusatsu, but aside from RedNinja and BlueNinja's outfits, the team seems pretty ordinary dress-wise and not... well... Bandai Online exclusive material?

ToQger is still pretty simplistic, even in its endgame. My big problem of the entire show is how amazingly dull it is, despite its original motif, concept of having children as heroes, and how ToQ6 is really a monster (not just a human turned into one or something). Nothing happens for long stretches of time and even if the villains are interesting... they also do nothing for the most part.

Point is... Even if there's interesting things going on at the end of the show, then why hasn't it been consistently as interesting on an episode-to-episode basis?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

honestly, id rather they merge gobus into dino charge rather than leaving it on the cutting room floor like the dai suit designs.

Slayven

WarRock

Can't they use antireflective wax (not sure how to say this in English) like visual producers do for guitars and other instruments for videoclips?

WillyFive

The Nininger zords look so cool, both the designs and the way they are filmed (models, miniatures, suits!).

ibfORQezcpsjvh.gif

The instrumental for theme is great as well. I wish Sakamoto was directing though, the action shots showed on the promo seemed bland.

Also, yay for huge morphers.

Can't they use antireflective wax (not sure how to say this in English) like visual producers do for guitars and other instruments for videoclips?

On movies where there are characters with shiny parts (like Gavan and etc) and they do a roll call and closeup during a big moment (like the climactic henshin), they would rotoscope the reflection away by filling over the parts where one could see the film crew. However, that's a lot of work to do for every frame of every scene, so TV episodes usually either avoid doing close-ups of shiny characters (that isn't stock footage), or they just leave it there hoping the cut is short enough one doesn't notice. However, I remember seeing some movie or episode that had a long close-up shot of shiny characters where you could see the reflections without having to pause and freeze frame, and that was terrible.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So the mecha will be like Dairanger/GoBuster where the red is main mecha and the others are just armaments?

shaowebb

#TripleDaGodExplainsItAll Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes Century King Shadow Moon Primer

Guess who's back in lab cooking the work up?!

This took too damn long to get out but its there now as it should've been from the start!

Thank You so much for being so supportive when I was putting the videos out in the first place! I appreciate it so much! Hope you learned something then and will now!

And Ninninger...YESSSSS!!!!!
Yooooooooooo! More primers for Chou Climax Heroes?! Ahhhhhh yiss. Shadowmoon is a good one too. He's got some really unique tools. Shadowbeam in the air was my fave.Someone fun to play with that is also an assault character is Kamen Rider Amazon. Holy shit is he captain OTG.

This game is super affordable and region free for PSP. If you don't own it yet Tokugaf you really owe it to yourself to get it. One of my favorite portables ever. Its a combo factory. I play it with minimum damage, no climax time and max difficulty to turn it into tourney mode. Climax time and damage was a little insane in default since it was targeted at kids, but you can fix that and it takes off. Sooooooooo much stuff you can do with Rider Cancels and jump cancels. Great meter game great footsies and so many different folks to play as.

Check out the OT

WarRock

On movies where there are characters with shiny parts (like Gavan and etc) and they do a roll call and closeup during a big moment (like the climactic henshin), they would rotoscope the reflection away by filling over the parts where one could see the film crew.
Holy shit. That is insane.

#TripleDaGodExplainsItAll Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes Century King Shadow Moon Primer

Guess who's back in lab cooking the work up?!

This took too damn long to get out but its there now as it should've been from the start!

Thank You so much for being so supportive when I was putting the videos out in the first place! I appreciate it so much! Hope you learned something then and will now!

And Ninninger...YESSSSS!!!!!
Yoooo, more Chou Climax primers!? Going to take a break of Ys to test it!

This game is super affordable and region free for PSP. If you don't own it yet Tokugaf you really owe it to yourself to get it. One of my favorite portables ever. Its a combo factory. I play it with minimum damage, no climax time and max difficulty to turn it into tourney mode. Climax time and damage was a little insane in default since it was targeted at kids, but you can fix that and it takes off. Sooooooooo much stuff you can do with Rider Cancels and jump cancels. Great meter game great footsies and so many different folks to play as.
Yeah, using the lowest damage level really makes the game shine. It's still piss easy to do big damage but it rewards skill much more than the default settings, specially with all the flying kicks recovery and the 8-way run.

shaowebb

Holy shit. That is insane.

Yoooo, more Chou Climax primers!? Going to take a break of Ys to test it!

Yeah, using the lowest damage level really makes the game shine. It's still piss easy to do big damage but it rewards skill much more than the default settings, specially with all the flying kicks recovery and the 8-way run.

And dont forget the Rider Cancels and meter pop combos folks can get. Honestly with low damage, max difficulty no climax time you can actually see the potential this game's fighting system had to become something great. Its never a series that would end up with a huge balancing effort on it, but if I saw a major project using this game's setup for meter usage I'd be all over it on principle. Felt soooooooo good doing Rider Cancel/jump cancel combos and then having to decide whether to burst or not when hit with long strings since doing combo breakers could leave you guard broken if you used them too frequently.

This game with friends is magic. My go to folks were Kuuga, Decade, Amazon, V3, Accel, and Eternal. Lots of sweet Rider Cancel combos with them. I also really enjoyed playing Zabee (either version).

WarRock

Biggest problem to me is how poor was the rework that older characters got, like the Ryuuki riders. Not a lot of options to take out red health neither good Rider Ability options, like Delta/Skull/Faiz/Accel...

But it was understandable, and the Showa Riders are really great and fun.

Top Bottom