• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Is it even worth it to watch Faiz? Or should I just forget and pretend Takumi in Kamen Rider Taisen was from something better?

i like some of the characters, but faiz is misunderstandings the series. and it get old seeing people hate or trying to kill each other, when 30 seconds of explaining could dispel most problems

and theres kusaka. a fantastic character

shaowebb

I thought Faiz was okay, but people really did spend most of their time flipping from mortal enemies to best buds too easily. Last episode leaves a LOT unfinished. Not like how Decade did...it just feels like they left too much room for things to get more episodes to go into rather than how Decade just sort of said "oh shit its the last episode this early!?" and then tried to just finish things with a half assed catch all ending that didn't feel right.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I thought Faiz was okay, but people really did spend most of their time flipping from mortal enemies to best buds too easily. Last episode leaves a LOT unfinished. Not like how Decade did...it just feels like they left too much room for things to get more episodes to go into rather than how Decade just sort of said "oh shit its the last episode this early!?" and then tried to just finish things with a half assed catch all ending that didn't feel right.

pretty much
having the last boss still be around on with promises of revival as well as takumis lingering fate feel like something that was supposed to be finished but wasnt

LostAnkh

Is it even worth it to watch Faiz? Or should I just forget and pretend Takumi in Kamen Rider Taisen was from something better?
My only logical explanation is that Decade "destroyed" all of the previous Heisei rider continuity, so that cameos could be possible such as Ryuki or Faiz.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ressha Sentai ToQger the Movie: Galaxy Line SOS

Did this movie just turn into Gaoranger? No wonder I was bored...
Really though, ToQger should have been an animal train Sentai instead of normal trains.
Hopefully the next movie is better since the Kyoryugers are back.

Kamen Rider Fourze the Movie: Everyone, Blast Off!

This was probably the best KR movie I've seen so far. One of the rare instances where the Power of Friendship was awesome. Gentaro continues to be great, declaring that he'll become friends with a machine.

Oh and Wizard appeared. ... Gonna start that season soon. That's going to be fun....

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I miss the old "middle of afternoon" (to me) releases of Gaim.

Soccer movie plz. I saw some alternate translation of it is available, but I have faith in aesir.

WillyFive

Kamen Rider Fourze the Movie: Everyone, Blast Off!

This was probably the best KR movie I've seen so far. One of the rare instances where the Power of Friendship was awesome. Gentaro continues to be great, declaring that he'll become friends with a machine.

That was such an awesome movie. The fight sequence of Fourze and Meteor vs. all of the Apostles is still the best Kamen Rider fight I've seen. Black Knight's sequences were awesome as well, they looked amazing.

blackknight.gif

Oh and Wizard appeared. ... Gonna start that season soon. That's going to be fun....

tumblr_mwurpyvS2i1smderlo1_400.gif

Corgi

Banned
wizard... stay for the decent fight choreography and rad suit designs... thats about it.

Anyone still keeping up with garo anime? Don't remember why i kinda stopped watching it.

Do you get annoyed in TV shows where people go hard over shit that would be solved if anyone stopped, used critical thinking, and maybe talked for a bit? This trope?

Faiz is that. Over and over and over and over... again. It get weating at times.

No it isn't.

what ever happen to kamen rider girls?

Nothing so far? They had two songs in Gaim. They just haven't had anything in Drive yet.

Also:

wdG23m7.jpg

Yeeeeeeeesssssssss.

WarRock

That's because Magenta hates Gaim because he hates Urobutcher now because Magenta's gone full blown SJW.

I'm not joking either.
You should start paying attention to things and analyze them with your own brain instead of believing anything random people tell you on the internet.

legs shot posted above, and girl post shower crossing her legs eating... a sausage.

sakamoto is fanservice? don't remember much in his other stuff.
Fourze movie had sweating boobs.

Paradise Lost is really fun.

You should start paying attention to things and analyze them with your own brain instead of believing anything random people tell you on the internet.

Alright genius. Then where is he, why did he delete his Twitter and made a new private one, and why do the people that knew him tell me he went off the rails?

ahdurian

Huh, missed that. interesting, hope it's not something that just gets fixed (or forgotten) later on. Is making the secondary Riders with a transformation flaw a thing, now? Beast, Hell Lockseed and Mach?

watching this last episode....i think it may be true

shaowebb

wizard... stay for the decent fight choreography and rad suit designs... thats about it.

Problem is the fight scenes only stuck around for the first 10-13 episodes then it became "new power of the week" to try and sell toys. It also had the serious problem that every 2 part episode revolved around throw away characters he'd try to help. The main character almost never spoke throughout each episode, and his supporting cast didn't really fill in any gaps in his personality like the supporting folks did in Kabuto or Decade.

I was huge on the Wizard look, concept and the suit actor's physicality and choreography potential...none of it went down after the first dozen-ish episodes. The Rider became a prop in his own series and as such developed zero connection to his audience as a person.

I wish he had been more like Kuuga or OOOs :(

Is Mach the first secondary rider that is
suppose to be more advanced than the main rider?

More advanced? Or more powerful?

Been a while since we had a pure-tech Rider. Delta was faster and stronger than Faiz with additional side effects, while Psyga and Orga are perfect Rider gears.

Leangle was intended to be a upgrade in Blade. The Genesis Riders in Gaim were supposed to be stronger. The Accel Driver is also the third-generation Memory Driver, compared to the Lost and Double Drivers. Most of the main Rider tended to get an extra widget that upgraded them beyond the base capability of their Drivers; there's a lot of mileage is alternate realities were supporting Riders got those upgrades instead (Leangle Jack for example).

Speaking of Faiz, I do wish we had another "almost anyone can use the belt series".

I don't think the Gatack Zecter was any stronger, it was just the only one that had to be tamed on-screen. Otherwise, Kagami was using a standard Rider belt.

Slayven

More advanced? Or more powerful?

Been a while since we had a pure-tech Rider. Delta was faster and stronger than Faiz with additional side effects, while Psyga and Orga are perfect Rider gears.

Leangle was intended to be a upgrade in Blade. The Genesis Riders in Gaim were supposed to be stronger. The Accel Driver is also the third-generation Memory Driver, compared to the Lost and Double Drivers. Most of the main Rider tended to get an extra widget that upgraded them beyond the base capability of their Drivers; there's a lot of mileage is alternate realities were supporting Riders got those upgrades instead (Leangle Jack for example).

Speaking of Faiz, I do wish we had another "almost anyone can use the belt series".

I don't think the Gatack Zecter was any stronger, it was just the only one that had to be tamed on-screen. Otherwise, Kagami was using a standard Rider belt.

They said Mach was the next generation meant to surpass Drive.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember when Delta first appeared in Faiz and everyone lost their shit...

Then it ended up being a crappy 3rd-Rider used by some random dude I don't even remember the name of.

javadoze

While I do like the idea of a belt that gets passed around a group of characters, the problem is that it's hard to do right without making the powers seem cheap and not something special.

WarRock

While I do like the idea of a belt that gets passed around a group of characters, the problem is that it's hard to do right without making the powers seem cheap and not something special.
What about an OOO belt where each specific combo (TaJaDor, ShaUTa, etc) could only be used by one character?

Watch Da Birdie

Dam, I was going to try to make an argument but I can't even remember his name. Smh

I do remember the Delta dude ended up scoring with his High School friend I think...

But Delta had all these crazy powers when it first appeared, and everyone was intimidated by it...it was hilarious how quickly that fizzled out.

LostAnkh

I do remember the Delta dude ended up scoring with his High School friend I think...

But Delta had all these crazy powers when it first appeared, and everyone was intimidated by it...it was hilarious how quickly that fizzled out.

yeah everyone was jonesing for it, and it just faded away from relativity. It's a shame though, because I think Delta was the best rider design from Faiz.

Watch Da Birdie

ZFyrnYJl.jpg

Damn, look at this total scrub. Literally the most forgettable character in Kamen Rider history.

except for whoever the secondary rider was in Den-O

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I made two gifs, but posting both of them on the Kamen Rider Drive thread in the same message seems stupid.

So here's the other one:

gcqksx.webp

also, the way he's looking up makes this a great .gif answer message. Don't use it as one!

ReiGun

It's apparently from one of the S-Mission videos (Like the Proto-Drive vid).

It's looking like
purified Chase
is possibly the third Rider. Would be cool to have another female Rider though.

I still await the day we get a female secondary Rider. I figure we're a couple decades from an attempt at a primary female Rider, but that at least feels attainable.

Top Bottom