• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

jwk94

except for whoever the secondary rider was in Den-O
Take that back! Dude's reveal still gets me excited. Him just popping up like "sup?" was a total surprise to me back then. I think the best part about that was the fact that Zeronos wasn't exactly somebody new but somebody we kinda already knew, albeit as a younger form of himself. The stuff Yuutou had to go through was heavy.

I feel like maybe he was making a joke there. Remember how
Yuuto using his belt made people forget him?

Just Ryoutarou's sister =P

Wait, what was the effect of his charge and up form? I thought that was the memory erase one while the basic cards...did something.....I can't remember.

BossRush

With Mach able to use Shift cars, I think this makes every single secondary rider, except for Birth, able to use the protaganist's transformation trinket in some way. And even then, Birth WAS planned to be able to use core medals iirc.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
With Mach able to use Shift cars, I think this makes every single secondary rider, except for Birth, able to use the protaganist's transformation trinket in some way. And even then, Birth WAS planned to be able to use core medals iirc.

not beast. it was the opposite with him

Zynx

Faiz is a great show. As long as you ignore the entirety of the plot and just watch for the atmosphere and fights.

It is getting a bit tiring how new riders (or even alternate rider forms) get introduced with a big splash about how awesome they are then fade out after a few episodes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Gaim soccer movie is finally subbed.
The bad news... it's subbed by TV-Nihon.

Welp, that's something to avoid when I get through Gaim. Until someone properly subs it at least.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The Gaim soccer movie is finally subbed.
The bad news... it's subbed by TV-Nihon.

Welp, that's something to avoid when I get through Gaim. Until someone properly subs it at least.

There's 3 different releases on Nyaa (one is HD, the other two don't appear to be), and at least one is from a known group (BananaArms).

If you really want to, there are alternatives to TV-N. Thank god.

vareon

I just realized figuarts Mashin Chaser and Ride Chaser is up for preorder.

There goes money.

SH-Figuarts-Ride-Chaser-05.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wish more toku-related model kits get released. The only stuff that I keep seeing are Kamen Rider 1 and Double Luna Trigger.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Shaowebb wasn't kidding about how good Agito is in Battride War II. He's far and away the strongest character in the game. I'm playing on Hard, and every time I get stuck (usually in a stage involving Sorcerer; fuck Sorcerer), Agito's my go-to to get through it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
She had one bright shining moment and died right after. But goddamnit, she stepped up to the plate like a boss.

When was this? I don't remember a female user for the Delta belt. (or maybe I do, but only vaguely)

...man, when is ANYBODY re-releasing Faiz?

WarRock

Finished reading Robot Detective K. That was an abrupt ending even for Ishinomori standards, goddamn.

First volume is amazing though, I recommend it. K doing poetry is always amusing.

Parallax

How can Faiz be the worse rider series? They scored a mass murder scene using House of Pain.

It isnt. With all the non talking to people going on, it was still better than wizard. I actually liked most of the characters in faiz.

BatDan

I'm 3 episodes into Wizard
... How often are they going to do that "Wizard goes into mind of person to fight really shitty CGI monster" thing?. Because that's really killing the pace.

WillyFive

I'm 3 episodes into Wizard
... How often are they going to do that "Wizard goes into mind of person to fight really shitty CGI monster" thing?. Because that's really killing the pace.

As soon as they run out of budget, which should be in a couple of episodes.

She was the first user. Before whats his name got it.

no, that was actually someone else from the school group:
the girl with the same cat tongue trait that Takumi had.

Rina used the belt for 6 seconds before getting knocked on her ass
while Mari was busy trying to (yet again) unsuccessfully change in to Faiz, she is actually one of the few classmates that survives...well she almost didn't no thanks to Mihara.

She was the first user. Before whats his name got it.

Second. First was this lady, if I remember correctly.

555_Saya-Kimura_Delta-Gear.jpg

When was this? I don't remember a female user for the Delta belt. (or maybe I do, but only vaguely)

...man, when is ANYBODY re-releasing Faiz?

There were two. Delta was passed to Mari's whole school clique.

It isnt. With all the non talking to people going on, it was still better than wizard. I actually liked most of the characters in faiz.

Pretty much. Faiz had great characters hamstrung by a horrible plot.

vareon

Delta was pretty cool when it was the belt of death and finally used by Zero Dragon Orphnoch.

Then it was passed someone which I didn't even remember how he entered the story.

the belt of death thing was Kaixa's schtick until it found a more stable user aka Kusaka.

Delta had the temptation subplot inwhich the user had an addiction to the side effect powers it gave them...this was dropped like after an episode or two.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
the belt of death thing was Kaixa's schtick until it found a more stable user aka Kusaka.

Delta had the temptation subplot inwhich the user had an addiction to the side effect powers it gave them...this was dropped like after an episode or two.

Ah yes, the Toshiki Inoue trademark. Remember when Wataru was allergic to people?

javadoze

It's like Toshiki Inoue can be a great writer when put under control (Jetman, Agito), but when left alone he just goes crazy with the melodrama.

BatDan

Marvel's Tom Brevoort has stated that they'll make a Supaidaman comic if there's demand
Source

I'm down with that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ToQ#43 is out.

Overall, I was pretty impressed with this episode. We got some background on Kagura and Hikari. Since we weren't supposed to know they were kids, I really missed that on the series so far, so I'm glad we're getting more background on some of these characters.

Also, quite interesting to have
Darkness coming from ToQ #1
and the fact that they'll continue that story thread on the next episode.
I also liked the fact that the ToQger that has the most Imagination energy is also the one showing Darkness

Not only that, I really liked the gimmick of having the Cho Cho ToQ-DaiOh be
absorbed to inside the doll house and have them fight in it. It's always weird to see the "big robots" walk around regular-sized environments, but this instance it was supported by the story and it didn't look wrong at all, on the contrary.

And the next episode preview was also quite interesting
specially with what I assume is the Black ToQ#1. Or maybe it was Zed, like somebody said in the beginning of the series in this very thread?

I feel like the last third of the Series had a huge improvement in storytelling and overall plots. The beginning of the series suffered a lot with the "they're all kids!" twist that everybody saw it coming a mile away. I wish we had more of these types of episodes throughout the earlier episodes. Oh well.

BatDan

ToQger 43

I really liked this one
Great character moments from Hikari and Kagura
An interesting turn for Right there. Darkness, imprisoning me, all that I see, absolute hor- sorry...
And I did like the novelty of seeing a Megazord indoors.

Next week:
Endgame ramps up

Drive 13

Looks like Gou will be the "rule breaker" of the team. Getting into places that by-the-book Shinnosuke can't.
But man, Gou can't sit still for a second can he. Well, in the serious scenes he can at least. Like the scene where he and Kiriko are mourning their mother.

Next week:
Chaser learns who he is. Hopefully they don't drag the "I'm really Proto-Drive" twist too long like they did with ToQger and "we're really kids"

Parallax

Marvel's Tom Brevoort has stated that they'll make a Supaidaman comic if there's demand
Source

I'm down with that.

thats... pretty interesting. as long as slott is removed from the picture. but id rather have him appear in a new kamen rider special like inazuman or kikaider

WarRock

I've caught up with Spider-verse and I'm so pissed that
Leopardon gets offed off screen without throwing a single rocket punch
. At least Supaida himself still is one of the alive Spiders.

Source

I'm down with that.

Eh. Part of the magic is it's live-action. I'd either like the original version of Spider-Man to appear in a Kamen Rider film, or for him to get the Movie War treatment with a boss inspired by the original.

Top Bottom