• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Eh. Part of the magic is it's live-action. I'd either like the original version of Spider-Man to appear in a Kamen Rider film, or for him to get the Movie War treatment with a boss inspired by the original.

My thoughts exactly.

WillyFive

As goofy as they were, Deboss Legion was the most memorable sentai villains in a long time.

They were really great characters, good enough that sometimes it was easy to actually side with them because one cared about them; not an easy feat considering most Toku villains are just meant to be punched by the hero and then explode afterwards.

As for Sentai villains, my favorite include the ones from Go-Busters, Gekiranger, Timeranger, and Jetman; they all had villains that also happened to be fantastic characters.

javadoze

As goofy as they were, Deboss Legion was the most memorable sentai villains in a long time.

I really loved each and every one of them. Funny enough, after Go-Busters, I didn't think there would be a villain in Kyoryuger that could possibly top Enter.

Boy was I happy to be wrong.

Dr. Buni

I finished Ryuki yesterday. Ouja was something else and by people's comments, I was expecting the ending to be waaaay worse than what it was.

NeonZ

Clear shot of Rider 3's suit in a movie poster.

10917116_709873332462418_986099685206599264_n_zps92f1030f.jpg

Other side of the poster.
10922814_709873359129082_1856046999172413169_n_zps4988d216.jpg

There's a scene with the Blade Riders, a team of Riders going somewhere, Black facing something... One of the other posters shown there has Black and Rider 1. No Sentai mentioned anywhere at all, not even in the text.

javadoze

Meh, never cared about Deboss. Jetman is still unmatched.
I can understand liking Vyram over Deboss. After all, the Jetman constantly felt as if they were at a disadvantage whenever they engaged with any of the leaders. Plus, I really loved Radiguet's storyline where
he looked like he was going to turn good, but he really is just plain evil.
I wish they dedicated some stories to more than one episode.
Even though WhiteNinja isn't the leader this time around, I'm happy she gets awesome grappling moves. Also, Red's mech is still keeping me hyped to see the mech sequences this time around.

I can understand liking Vyram over Deboss. After all, the Jetman constantly felt as if they were at a disadvantage whenever they engaged with any of the leaders. Plus, I really loved Radiguet's storyline where
he looked like he was going to turn good, but he really is just plain evil.
I wish they dedicated some stories to more than one episode.

Between him and Toranza the Jetmen didnt have much time to rest it seemed. I favor Toranza over Radiguet only because I absolutely love Hirose as an actor.

Goddamn Ninninger's Blue looks boring as shit. Like the actor doesn't want to be there. Serious Blue is classic trope, but this looks like a whole 'nother level so far.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Goddamn Ninninger's Blue looks boring as shit. Like the actor doesn't want to be there. Serious Blue is classic trope, but this looks like a whole 'nother level so far.

I wonder if this will be the blue to break the awesome cycle of the blues.

WillyFive

Pre-premiere promos are basically the actors posing in costume in front of a camera; I can't really get any reading from them in any Sentai promo for any of the series.

jwk94

My god. I just watched toqger 41 and mam that went in. Zed pulling out the stops was cool but his upgrade looks so bad.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wow, that ToQ ep was dark.

Between him and Toranza the Jetmen didnt have much time to rest it seemed. I favor Toranza over Radiguet only because I absolutely love Hirose as an actor.

What I love is that Tranza was already evil even as a kid. And that defeat of him was glorious.

WarRock

Shinkenger 21-24 + The Movie
The ancestor used a dinosaur sword? How fitting.

I still like this series, but man are the Shinkengers themselves written weird. The Corrupts are waaay more interesting.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Shinkenger 21-24 + The Movie
The ancestor used a dinosaur sword? How fitting.

I still like this series, but man are the Shinkengers themselves written weird. The Corrupts are waaay more interesting.

Would you recommend just watching the movie, so I could get a sense of how the series is like?

I really can't watch a(nother) full on sentai series right now.

Edit: actually, is there any series that this would work? Movies are always stand alone, but usually you must understand the background of all involved for it to make any sense.

WarRock

Would you recommend just watching the movie, so I could get a sense of how the series is like?

Edit: actually, is there any series that this would work? Movies are always stand alone, but usually you must understand the background of all involved for it to make any sense.
Even though the movie is TV sized (20 minutes), I don't think it's a good representation of the series, since its focus is a really large battle (the Shinkengers vs an entire army) and a Red exclusive power up (that doesn't appear in the series, I think?).

I would recommend watching Decade 24, Shinken 21 and Decade 25 as a taste of Shinkenger instead. It's closer to a movie duration, too =P

Aaaand I just saw that O-T released Shinken 25-30, welp.

alvmew

Even though the movie is TV sized (20 minutes), I don't think it's a good representation of the series, since its focus is a really large battle (the Shinkengers vs an entire army) and a Red exclusive power up (that doesn't appear in the series, I think?).

I would recommend watching Decade 24, Shinken 21 and Decade 25 as a taste of Shinkenger instead. It's closer to a movie duration, too =P

Aaaand I just saw that O-T released Shinken 25-30, welp.

The movie power up shows up later in the series proper, in the ShinkenGold HBV thing, and also in Shinken VS Go-on & Gosei VS Shinken.
It does not remain ShinkenRed exclusive.

And it shows up in Gokaiger too if we are counting that.

WillyFive

The Abaranger, Dekaranger, Boukenger and Gekiranger movies worked well like this, as well as the Go-Busters and Kyoryuger ones. Magiranger's movie is still the best IMO, but it works better if you know the story arc that lead up to it. Most of the other ones depend on you seeing the show so that the movie works, since most of them end up being just a big-budget filler episode of the show.

javadoze

Ironically enough, some translated scans on the ShurikenSentai Tumblr actually reference this.

Yakumo ‘Cloud’ Katou was living abroad in England, learning Western magic, but hurriedly returned home to Japan. He was raised to be a good boy and like a ‘cool guy’. However, he’s surprisingly more like something inorganic that only has one facial expression.

The entire first page:

So accurate to MightyMorphin genwunners that it's sad.

javadoze

So it seems that a Dairanger box set is going to be released in America after Zyuranger. Apparently they included a promo for it in the Zyuranger box set.

Some proof.

Pretty excited since I haven't seen Dairanger yet.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So it seems that a Dairanger box set is going to be released in America after Zyuranger. Apparently they included a promo for it in the Zyuranger box set.

Some proof.

Pretty excited since I haven't seen Dairanger yet.

Hell yeah.
Confession... I watched Dairanger through TV-Nihon. The quality didn't bother me as it was a 90s Sentai, compared to their later releases which look like shit.
It's nice to have a better translation now.

Top Bottom