• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

If they ahve angels transforming into pirates than into dinosaurs I am flipping the table.

wil029.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Super Megaforce 3

Another episode that directly adapts Gokaiger. Right down to Noah's training. This is the issue with adapting two different Sentai with the same characters, Noah was never really the swordsman type during Megaforce so it comes out of nowhere.

Wait, they can morph into Super Mega without morphing into Megaforce first? Then why the hell do they need the Megaforce suits? They could have easily written something like Vrak destroying them before he retreated.
Also, there's a Megaforce Ranger Key now. Yeah........

And I see that's how they got around a Mystic Force tribute.

I will say though, Vekar is great.

Tenumi

Banned
Super Megaforce 3

Another episode that directly adapts Gokaiger. Right down to Noah's training. This is the issue with adapting two different Sentai with the same characters, Noah was never really the swordsman type during Megaforce so it comes out of nowhere.

Wait, they can morph into Super Mega without morphing into Megaforce first? Then why the hell do they need the Megaforce suits? They could have easily written something like Vrak destroying them before he retreated.

I'm surprised about Vekar, honestly. They made a great choice on his VA.

Looking at it from a non-Gokaiger perspective, my questions as a viewer are "why is there a Megaforce Key", although the thought that the powers are still active for all the keys could explain that. After all, the keys remain in the command center, and they recieve copies of them, unlike how Gokaiger had the keys taken directly from the box.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'd like to know why the keys exist in the first place and why Gosei has them. Since they haven't questioned it (haven't seen the third ep) I doubt they'll explain it.

Slayven

Super Megaforce 3

yeah dude goes from a sniper to a swordmen. There is a such a large disconnect between their personas ina nd out of suits. Did anyone else get an Emma X Noah vibe?

Tenumi

Banned
yeah dude goes from a sniper to a swordmen. There is a such a large disconnect between their personas ina nd out of suits. Did anyone else get an Emma X Noah vibe?

Hmm... Emma and Noah, Gia and Jake, and Troy gets his relationship with his precious Robo Knight.

Perfect!

Super Megaforce 3

Wait, if they can go straight into Super Mega mode... why are they wasting time with the Mega suits at all?

I agree Vekar is an improvement over the Prince.

I completely skipped Goseiger; watched two episodes and just shelved it, never went back. Is it worth watching at all?

Eh. It was a fairly mediocre show. Problem is it was bookended by Shinkenger and Gokaiger, both of which were vastly superior.

Of course, since Geki, every other show has been great. Will ToQger break the streak?

Wait, for 100 Years After, Candelira will be their Torin? Awesome.

After swearing off Power Rangers after the first Super Mehgaforce, I tried to give episode 2 a chance and I couldn't even finish it. What a hack job.

Then I watched the Megaranger episode of Gokaiger and everything in the world was better.

Slayven

I completely skipped Goseiger; watched two episodes and just shelved it, never went back. Is it worth watching at all?

It's not bad, it just doesn't break out. great monster design though.

Now that you mention it, the rangers don't really earn their powers. They get them as rewards for not dying.

It's not bad, it just doesn't break out. great monster design though.

Now that you mention it, the rangers don't really earn their powers. They get them as rewards for not dying.

Gosei: "Rangers! I'm shocked you haven't died yet! Here's the powers of the Ninja Storm!"

yeah dude goes from a sniper to a swordmen. There is a such a large disconnect between their personas ina nd out of suits.

I saw this coming when the episode descriptions dropped last year and it's showing now for all to see. They never built these characters up to be anything suitwise like the Gokaigers except for Gia & Emma. Given their personalities in Megaforce it wasn't hard for them to tap Luka & Ahim anyhow. I'll admit that Jake has taken to Doc. Noah can't do Joe and this episode proved that. It was just uncharacteristic for this episode to even be happening but given the footage available is this was the best they could do. And once more Troy is no Marvelous.

There's a lot of Super Megaforce to go and we'll see if can get better.

Slayven

I saw this coming when the episode descriptions dropped last year and it's showing now for all to see. They never built these characters up to be anything suitwise like the Gokaigers except for Gia & Emma. Given their personalities in Megaforce it wasn't hard for them to tap Luka & Ahim anyhow. I'll admit that Jake has taken to Doc. Noah can't do Joe and this episode proved that. It was just uncharacteristic for this episode to even be happening but given the footage available is this was the best they could do. And once more Troy is no Marvelous.

There's a lot of Super Megaforce to go and we'll see if can get better.
Shame since it was a great character moment.

This week's special move: tokkyupenis

that was freaky. I am still not feeling the cast and the color change would have been cool pre Gokaiger.

Shame since it was a great character moment.

And that's the point. It was awesome to see Noah do all this dope shit and get Emma's panties all moist over it but it made no sense in the context of the show at all. And just like in the 1st episode when they made that reference to Zordon and haven't mentioned since is this swordplay that was displayed will never matter again.

BatDan

*sees pictures* I always forget Japanese kids shows have such different standards.

BatDan

Obviously that part won't get adapted into Power Rangers, but it does raise a question.
Considering the overall tone of ToQger so far, what's Saban going to do? Will they shit the bed like they did with Turbo? Or will they do something awesome like Disney did with RPM?
Or maybe ToQger will be skipped for the 2015 Sentai. After Go-Busters got the shaft, it's officially a possibility now.

Or maybe ToQger will be skipped for the 2015 Sentai. After Go-Busters got the shaft, it's officially a possibility now.

No way ToQger is getting skipped. It's the train sentai. Trains are very marketable for kids. I'm willing to bet money ToQ is going to do really well toy sales-wise, which, as with every toku show is the focus of the entire thing: to sell toys. Saban's gonna do ToQ. Plain and simple.

WillyFive

Go-Busters got skipped because it performed poorly in Japan; it was completely illogical for Bandai to put themselves with that toyline twice instead of just skipping to the most money-making series in 10 years. Obviously it's a little early to tell, but I'd be incredibly surprised if an all-train lineup manages to under-perform.

Rajack

Gaim 20

Another amazing episode. Butcher's really pulling out all the stops on this story and its so amazing for it!

jwk94

So I'm watching Kabuto with my roommate and I just realized that TV Nihon misspelled Worm. It's actually spelled Warm.

Top Bottom