• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Nah, Ahmit is pretty obviously sore that he was turfed when Disney took over instead of doing his stupid Hexagon thing.

He's also just one of those guys that has an almost inexplicable hard-on for continuity, not only with both his Ninja Storm and Gobus ideas being steeped in it but to the point that he was all "well this and that happened in the MMPR comics so if we then suppose that this other thing happened after that" to rationalise Jason coming back in Forever Red instead of just saying "who cares, it's cool."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I abandon continuity after the Zordon era really. Just apply the MST3K mantra when it comes to that.

Also, as Super Megaforce has shown (the one season where continuity would be important), Saban doesn't seem to really care.
Considering the RPM tribute episode implies that the Turbo Falcon Zord is alive... something that only happened in Go-Onger/Gokaiger.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Actually he was merely stating their options, I don't think he has voiced his opinion on that. Tzachor was the one doing the "ignore Disney" shit.

He lead into talking about their options with a petty butthurt attitude.

He complains about their seasons being neglected while listing all of the references there are to the saban seasons.

Even when he talks about their option to ignore or not he brings his petty shit tone to it "well we can ignore their seasons LIKE THOSE FUCKERS CHOSE TO IGNORE OURS"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
True, that has that tone.

I wish he was a bit open-minded though. They can't just fly people to NZ!

So remember Imagination Station, the group that brought you the superb one-off release of TOQger 1? Well they're back and this time they're taking on Abaranger (the full series), they've released the first 2 episodes this week.

Boss Doggie

So remember Imagination Station, the group that brought you the superb one-off release of TOQger 1? Well they're back and this time they're taking on Abaranger (the full series), they've released the first 2 episodes this week.

Aw shit!

I honestly think it's the superior dinosaur season, over Zyu and Kyoryu

BatDan

Awesome! Looking forward to more releases (and maybe even other series).

Tenumi

Banned

[Imagination Station] is now subbing Abaranger! Eps 1 & 2 are out.

I really picked a fantastic time to get into Toku since all these new translation teams are popping up!

Aw, sweet. More competent subs out there is great for those of us don't have a good grasp of Japanese yet (or at all).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Kinda figured after them hinting at it on /m/. Really glad since I've had the Abaranger theme stuck in my from the Kyoryu vs. Go-Busters movie.

Midonin

Speaking of which, my only experience with Abaranger were HK subs. Did TVN did it too?
They did the first two or so episodes, and then dropped it (and regretted it, mostly because of Killer.) Though in hindsight, since Aba is heavily pun-reliant, we dodged a bullet.

Bikkun

Neo Member
Speaking of which, my only experience with Abaranger were HK subs. Did TVN did it too?

No, they've only done Deka VS. A couple groups have attempted it but never got past ep ten, to everyone's frustration.

EDIT: Unless you count Skewed part of TVN. Then yeah.

789shadow

Banned
Perhaps someday, every Sentai will be subbed, preferably by one group that has subbed all of them, but I'll take the entirety spread out among a few groups.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Perhaps someday, every Sentai will be subbed, preferably by one group that has subbed all of them, but I'll take the entirety spread out among a few groups.

One day in far flung future every sentai will be subbed under one group and Gokaiger will make the most sense.

this isn't happening :(

BatDan

One day in the far flung future, Super Sentai will get official subs and DVD releases in the West, while the latest series gets a simulcast on Crunchyroll or similar site.

*sighs*, That'd be great.

789shadow

Banned
One day in far flung future every sentai will be subbed under one group and Gokaiger will make the most sense.

this isn't happening :(
You just have to believeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

(Are some Sentai impossible to get raws for? I would have thought they were all at least released on home video in Japan in some form.)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I take it back Toei's cg has gotten better.

You just have to believeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

(Are some Sentai impossible to get raws for? I would have thought they were all at least released on home video in Japan in some form.)

I think you can probably find everything at least on nyaa these days

Boss Doggie

According to the fansub wiki:
They did the first two or so episodes, and then dropped it (and regretted it, mostly because of Killer.) Though in hindsight, since Aba is heavily pun-reliant, we dodged a bullet.
No, they've only done Deka VS. A couple groups have attempted it but never got past ep ten, to everyone's frustration.

EDIT: Unless you count Skewed part of TVN. Then yeah.

Interesting, it never got fully subbed saved for the HK subs (which probably made me enjoy Abaranger)

And indeed, we dodged a bullet.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh god why do I want to keep watching Power Rangers SPD? Could it be that this season actually good?

I feel it's just tainting my Dekaranger memories, but I find it ok on the US actors part.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
SPD is a good season.

Z is cute, and I'm impressed with the Anubis face. It moves a lot, and the eyes are really expressive.

Now, this fake Swan, which is somehow some terrible looking cat, really pisses me off.

Also, why do they keep making the roll calls, if all they say is "SPD <color goes here>"?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Z is cute, and I'm impressed with the Anubis face. It moves a lot, and the eyes are really expressive.

Now, this fake Swan, which is somehow some terrible looking cat, really pisses me off.

Also, why do they keep making the roll calls, if all they say is "SPD <color goes here>"?

Kat is hot dude. That's all that matters.

NeonZ

Hm... According to Japanese reports from a pre-screening of Kamen Rider Taisen, it seems like Kusaka only appears in flashbacks. That shows a curious amount of restraint compared to the previous big crossover movies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hm... According to Japanese reports from a pre-screening of Kamen Rider Taisen, it seems like Kusaka only appears in flashbacks. That shows a curious amount of restraint compared to the previous big crossover movies.

Kaito falls into a river

NeonZ

Kaito is still the weirdest rider. Like I don't get what he's all about at all... And why was he the final boss in hero taisen z?

Wrong Kaito, he was talking about Kaito/Baron from Gaim.

Anyway, Diend is mostly about running away. He searched for treasures in other worlds because he didn't want to face his world's reality.

Also, Diend was the final boss in SHT, he didn't even appear in Z. In that case, he turned against the heroes because he saw the whole "We're villains now and all heroes are dead... just kidding!" plan as betraying his bond with Tsukasa and so he wanted to make them all suffer like he did.

Wrong Kaito, he was talking about Kaito/Baron from Gaim.

Anyway, Diend is mostly about running away. He searched for treasures in other worlds because he didn't want to face his world's reality.

Also, Diend was the final boss in SHT, he didn't even appear in Z. In that case, he turned against the heroes because he saw the whole "We're villain nows and all heroes are dead... just kidding!" plan as betraying his bond with Tsukasa and so he wanted to make them all suffer like he did.

he had a bond with tsukasa...? eh sure why not.

I dont remember anything about the den-o movies, but I do remember diEnd got a complete form because of something...

meh.

I still do like diend's gun though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
he had a bond with tsukasa...? eh sure why not.

I dont remember anything about the den-o movies, but I do remember diEnd got a complete form because of something...

meh.

I still do like diend's gun though.
In one of the SHTZ net movies the noodle guy from W does the Kyoryuger dance and turns into Diend.

GManDH

so i just acquired ZERO- black blood. it says its related to GARO. can i watch it without knowing anything about GARO??

Top Bottom