• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

vareon

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It doesn't help that ToQ-Oh is one of the worst looking Megazords the franchise has ever done.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The sequence is better in the commercial, but I still believe the mecha suit looks better than the toy.

And yeah it is one of the worst mecha ever, since it just looks like a weird Pez dispenser stuck together.

NeonZ

After Kyoryujin's gattai sequence I was massively disappointed in ToQ-Oh's bleh CG use.

I usually prefer combination sequences with practical effects, but Kyoryujin's was just poor. They didn't even attempt to disguise that it was a toy combining. The miniatures that they used there had lock/dock parts basically identical to the toy's and the way it was shot didn't even try to hide that. Even CG combos are better than that.

KingDirk

I usually prefer combination sequences with practical effects, but Kyoryujin's was just poor. They didn't even attempt to disguise that it was a toy combining. The miniatures that they used there had lock/dock parts basically identical to the toy's and the way it was shot didn't even try to hide that. Even CG combos are better than that.

Man, one of my favorite thing about this Toei nonsense is that the props look just like the toys. Different strokes and all, but if that bugged me I don't know how I could get past it in any of the shows.

WillyFive

I was always under the impression that Toei is doing their best to make it as toy-accurate as possible, not the other way around. The limitations of traditional effects (guys in suits) always made that hard for them. This is also why there were constant inconsistencies between techniques, especially back in the days of Liveman and Jetman, when the human-sized model had completely different proportions than the miniature (one was meant to fit a suit actor, the other was modeled after the toy).

kinda disappointed gobusteroh suit wasn't as toy accurate

Biu5BifIYAAXyeo.jpg:large

like the linebacker build :3

Garo is fucking awesome. Watch all of the seasons. It has everything you need in a show. Badass fight coreography, check, boobies, check, pretty cool story, check and most of all every season is blessed with a bad ass JAM project opening.

NeonZ

The fuck?

You can kind of see part of that scene in the newest tv commercial, which likely means that the entire spoiler about the battle is real, since it's older than the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixFMceKb7N8

Stronger and Kabuto fight. Kabuto starts in Masked form and changes to Rider form. Kabuto uses Clock up, but Stronger keeps up. Then they clash Rider Kicks, and Kabuto wins. Right after that though. Skyrider comes and finishes off Kabuto.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I remember hearing the rationale behind filming more footage with the Goseiger suits was so they could use up the time lost from cutting out all the pre-zyu teams.

They turned into Dynaman in between Zyuranger and Gingaman, why not just leave that in at this point?

BatDan

Super Megaforce 05

It's official, Saban has given up.
Maskman and Flashman out of fucking nowhere! Why even edit out Green changing into Goranger or Liveman? Or Pink changing into Denziman? You clearly don't give a crap.

On the bright side, there was plenty of original footage. Even an unmorphed fight scene. Though something happened with Deratsueigar/Matacore's costume. In the Gokaiger footage it's dark blue, but in the original footage it's much brighter. I guess spending a few years in storage will do that.

Jayden's cameo was lame though. He just shows up at the juice bar to give them the disc, and then shows up with Ji at the end to give the Ultimate Power of Shinkenger, I mean the Samurai power.

Also, it looks like Noah will be fulfilling Gai's role of recognizing past Rangers. That's a shame, I was hoping Silver would be the fanboy...

Still... Pre-Zyu Rangers now. God damn it.

Tenumi

Banned
There definitely was a good amount of original footage. Still...

Dairanger would have been explainable along the lines of something with the MMPR white ranger powers. Maskman and Flashman.... not so. I can't say I'm happy about it, but I can't say I'm angry about it, either. I just wish they added some canon to them somehow. Give them a name or something, especially since the Alien rangers are still... well, Alien rangers and not named something else.

BatDan

There definitely was a good amount of original footage. Still...

Dairanger would have been explainable along the lines of something with the MMPR white ranger powers. Maskman and Flashman.... not so. I can't say I'm happy about it, but I can't say I'm angry about it, either. I just wish they added some canon to them somehow. Give them a name or something, especially since the Alien rangers are still... well, Alien rangers and not named something else.

I can easily explain Dairanger.

"What are these keys Gosei?"
"When Zordon created the White Ranger, he had secretly prepared another set of five suits just in case Lord Zedd proved to be too much for the Rangers. What you hold are those powers."

There, more effort and care than Saban.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'd rather they not use it at all than explain it in a throw away line.

They should use their original footage budget on morphs into MMPR instead of relying on the 2 times they used Zyuranger in Gokaiger.

Slayven

I like they change and announce every team except for the sentai ones. And what the hell was that nonsense about sensing attacks?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I like they change and announce every team except for the sentai ones. And what the hell was that nonsense about sensing attacks?

That's the funny part. Just dead silence when they pop those sentai keys.

I'm kinda curious how they are gonna explain rpm. Unless there's an rpm team in this dimension as well.

BatDan

I'm kinda curious how they are gonna explain rpm. Unless there's an rpm team in this dimension as well.

From what I've read...
Gosei explained that his "power grid" or something encompasses all time, space, and dimensions. Hence the appearances of Aquitar Rangers, In Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force, SPD and RPM.

That does NOT explain Flashman, Maskman, or Dairanger.

Parallax

From what I've read...
Gosei explained that his "power grid" or something encompasses all time, space, and dimensions. Hence the appearances of Aquitar Rangers, In Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force, SPD and RPM.

That does NOT explain Flashman, Maskman, or Dairanger.

Unless the sentai powers are also on the power grid. I mean if one dimensions ranger powers transcend space time to be available, then others could be too.

NeonZ

Maybe they kept Flashman and Maskman because they were shown internationally in some countries from the west (like Brazil), even if not under the Power Rangers umbrella? Although at this point I guess we should just expect the worst from Saban.

Slayven

something can use more of in fight scenes. The Jayden and Troy scene was suppose to invoke a feeling but I can't imagine what.

Tenumi

Banned
As much of a Power Rangers fan as I am, I can't really even defend using Maskman and Flashman. At this point, the floodgates are open. I just hope that we don't have to suffer the use of the Battle Fever J suits.

BatDan

Question. Jayden can still morph right?
He hasn't lost his Samurai powers unless something happened between the two shows right?

Well, then that just presents a missed opportunity for some original footage. Having Jayden show up morphed and helping out. It's not like Gokaiger where the former Rangers can't morph due to the Legend War and the Gokaigers holding the keys.

Parallax

Question. Jayden can still morph right?
He hasn't lost his Samurai powers unless something happened between the two shows right?

Well, then that just presents a missed opportunity for some original footage. Having Jayden show up morphed and helping out. It's not like Gokaiger where the former Rangers can't morph due to the Legend War and the Gokaigers holding the keys.

Was jayden listed in the rangers that were supposed to return? I knew green and one of the female rangers was supposed to, but I don't remember hearing about him

Top Bottom