• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Was jayden listed in the rangers that were supposed to return? I knew green and one of the female rangers was supposed to, but I don't remember hearing about him

Everybody we knew that was returning was for the Legendary War. We learned about Casey being a part of next week's episode when the information started coming out a couple of months ago. Maybe there's more people returning than we know about.

I'll agree however that using Jayden like that was an utter waste. Maybe he'll be part of the Legendary War as well. They should've just followed the Sentai more closely and just used Lauren instead.

Today's episode just threw everything out the window with Maskman & Flashman just being used all willy nilly like that. There was no acknowledgement that it even happened unlike the weak excuse when Dairanger was used. We'll never get an explanation and they'll keep using the powers pre-MMPR as filler when there's no choice with the usable Sentai footage.

And more than ever is the nagging fact that Super Mega is just a form and nothing separate from the Megaforce powers. But thinking about it what other choice did they really have given how Megaforce played out. It may have been a better way but damn if I can think of anything that would since given the confines.

I just want to see how they handle Orion and all that has to bring to the table. It'll be really good or really bad. No in-between.

I've only seen the Ji/Jayden/fight clips on Youtube so far, but it looks like a decent episode apart from the "fuck it, who cares" use of non-Power Rangers powers.

Bit of a missed opportunity to not have Jayden morph and fight alongside them like BatDan said I guess but his little appearance was okay. I always love a nice "disappear when the person you're talking to turns away for a second."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
tbqh I bet she just means blitz through the legendary powers... but the reading and timing was awful so the joke was well deserved.

The standard swords in Ninja Storm were indeed just called that.

Ah. Did they ever shout it out? My NJ memories are hazy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just caught up on this. They really didn't give a fuck, do they?

It's inconsistent too.
The episodes they adapted also had Gokai Changes to Dynaman, Goranger, Liveman and Denziman, yet those were edited out. Hell, they recorded new footage of Super Megaforce Green morphing into Zeo IV since originally he went from GokaiGreen to Midoranger.

Thankfully, next week shouldn't be too bad. The only Pre-Zyu footage is Sun Vulcan and they can easily work around that.

NeonZ

New Rider War trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd47yOt91yo

It seems to basically confirm some of the spoilers that were flying around two 2ch, due to things like the J vs Watermelon Gaim battle, which weren't anywhere else and are completely random.

Also, the big skeleton thing is the Great Leader's final form (based on a floating skull form that appeared at the end of the ZX special, in a cliffhanger left open for decades...).

If the 2ch spoilers are real, this is the reason Showa and Heisei will fight...

The mother of a young movie-only boy called Shu died some time before the movie in an accident, and he couldn't meet her in a lighthouse due to that. Aoi Ren, his father, joined Badan to bring her back, but Badan is also going to revive an army of monsters, using a machine that will reverse the world of the dead, and Shu is the key to the plan.

The Heisei Riders want to take Shu to the lighthouse where his mother died to reunite them, but that'd result in the resurrection of a monster army, in the middle of a city, due to Badan's plan.

Meanwhile, the Showa Riders want to stop that from happening and destroy Badan immediately, which would make it impossible for Shu to meet his mother again, because she's dead.

It lines up with a previous press release from Toei about Showa Riders fighting to protect society, while Heisei protect individuals.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
In one of the SHTZ net movies the noodle guy from W does the Kyoryuger dance and turns into Diend.

iW90pBVdXa2yW.gif

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
If the 2ch spoilers are real, this is the reason Showa and Heisei will fight...

The mother of a young movie-only boy called Shu died some time before the movie in an accident, and he couldn't meet her in a lighthouse due to that. Aoi Ren, his father, joined Badan to bring her back, but Badan is also going to revive an army of monsters, using a machine that will reverse the world of the dead, and Shu is the key to the plan.

The Heisei Riders want to take Shu to the lighthouse where his mother died to reunite them, but that'd result in the resurrection of a monster army, in the middle of a city, due to Badan's plan.

Meanwhile, the Showa Riders want to stop that from happening and destroy Badan immediately, which would make it impossible for Shu to meet his mother again, because she's dead.

It lines up with a previous press release from Toei about Showa Riders fighting to protect society, while Heisei protect individuals.

How long 'till people start aping (the somewhat similar plot of)* Avengers vs. X-Men's "Cyclops was right" with "Hongo was right" when we all start seeing the movie

"We could have peacefully decided the situation of conflict through diplomacy but noooooooooo, let's hero fight because le money for our men in ties overlords"
and then the fans start bitching on who was morally right in this idiot ball plot

utJLh9q.png

And when you do anything you want, you start giving no fucks.

You don't hear about the Alien Rangers not being ninjas because they were shielded by actual effort for quality back in the days... I presume.

(So, uhhh, who's this Shamus Kelley guy?)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
How long 'till people start aping (the somewhat similar plot of)* Avengers vs. X-Men's "Cyclops was right" with "Hongo was right" when we all start seeing the movie

"We could have peacefully decided the situation of conflict through diplomacy but noooooooooo, let's hero fight because le money for our men in ties overlords"
and then the fans start bitching on who was morally right in this idiot ball plot

utJLh9q.png

And when you do anything you want, you start giving no fucks.

You don't hear about the Alien Rangers not being ninjas because they were shielded by actual effort for quality back in the days... I presume.

(So, uhhh, who's this Shamus Kelley guy?)

everything about this post offends my sensibilities. everything

Decided to spend my Sunday Gaim binging to get caught up after having only watched the premiere week and man, what a good show so far.

I love that it's driven so much just by the different motivations of the characters and the factions that build and shift amongst the Beat Rider groups and people like Sid. Pretty much every single episode is pushing them forward in one way or another.

The core cast are all really interesting, too. Even the pricks you wanna punch in the face like Oren are just a lot of fun to watch. Kaito is a stylish dude and a much more effective "love to hate" character than the other one that he shares a name with.

The big floppy shoulderpads are still kinda eh but I think I like the designs for the most parts. I'd be interested in seeing a variation on the Riders with just the "naked" undersuits with a sleeker shoulder/chest design than the Arms, I think it'd look really good. Mango Arms is probably my favourite look so far.

Will be interesting to see what develops for the show to hit the usual Rider episode count.

So. Newest Super Megaforce episode. Let's see what...

*"New Powers" Red Ranger, Maskman and Flashman appear*

Fuck it. I've nothing more to say about this show. Inconsistent, lazy and when it comes to emotional creativity, this show is drier than a skeletal corpse in the desert.

Gaim on the other hand is great as ever. I was half expecting Takatora to grin and say "yeeees, now fall to despair and produce a new Phantom!", which would have made him infinitely more effective and sinister than almost every eccentric Phantom with bright lipstick, eyeliner, top hat or whatever in Wizard with their "mwahaha, let the fear of death drive you to despair even though logically I won't actually kill you myself!".

BatDan

Who is this guy and why do his thoughts matter?

Nobody questions Goseiger because Saban is hiding all the angel stuff. Gokaiger is so blatantly pirates that anyone can see it.
As for Alien Rangers, people did question why they were Ninjas, you just didn't see it since there was no internet.

Well, okay, there was Usenet, but it wasn't as wide-spread as it is now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
zXkuJTG.jpg

RETURN OF THE KING MOTHERFUCKER

Will be interested to hear the situation with Super Megaforce from his perspective. There was that whole "hey does anyone know where Austin St. John is?" a few months ago.

Tenumi

Banned
So, um, how many times am I gonna see this same
branding
flashback in Dairanger? I got the point about 15 flashbacks ago.

Also, the S&M brigade aren't that convincing of villains...

The serial killer final boss dude in wizard was kinda sinister?

I never really saw Gremlin being that sinister aside from the episode with the revelation that he's a mass murderer.

Though I suppose it was unsettling from that episode onwards to look at Gremlin's mannerisms knowing that as a serial killer beforehand, this cheery chap is more monstrous than the Phantoms themselves. But still, he's never a credible threat until the last moment.

Honestly, the pre-Zyu teams don't bother me particularly because it's good fic fodder. Sure, Saban Brands not explaining them (and being weird about which teams they cut and which they don't) makes a few people go wtf, but I honestly thought the past episode was the best episode of Super Megaforce. The dialogue felt natural and I actually laughed at some of the jokes. Which is a lot more than I can say for the majority of recent PR's run.

zXkuJTG.jpg

RETURN OF THE KING MOTHERFUCKER

Will be interested to hear the situation with Super Megaforce from his perspective. There was that whole "hey does anyone know where Austin St. John is?" a few months ago.

aaaand the second he's announce, JDF pulls out of that same con...oh well, I'm more interested in meeting ASJ anyways.

Yes, JDF was confirmed to return to Supercon for quite a while...Then last night, a couple of hours after the announcement of Austin (along with the return of both David Yost and Walter Jones), JDF says he is cancelling his Supercon appearance stating there was no contract with them for the appearance and a promise to his daughter that he would not work during the month of July. Then this came up today via the Supercon page:

https://www.facebook.com/floridasupercon/posts/10152106861418512

We regret to inform everyone that Jason David Frank has chosen to cancel his appearance at Florida Supercon this year. As many of you are aware, JDF was a guest at Supercon last summer, and we were happy to have him return in 2014.

An agreement was made for him to return (via email, phone, and text) and we began promoting his appearance shortly after our July 2013 event. Yesterday, we announced that Austin St. John, Walter Jones, and David Yost would be appearing at Supercon 2014. Shortly after that announcement, we received a text message asking us to cancel his appearance and remove him from the website. As well, he instructed his web person to announce that he was cancelling his appearance.

We spoke via text for the next hour. He had made his decision, and was no longer interested in attending our event. We have no interest in having a guest that does not want to be at our event. Be it for personal issues, conflicts of interests, professional commitments, etc... There is simply no upside to having an unwilling guest. We quickly removed JDF from our website, and wished him well in his future endeavours.

We believe that JDF is a great talent, and a huge draw. We hope that he chooses to come back to Supercon in the future. If you want to see JDF, we encourage you to see him at one of the dozens of appearances he is making at other conventions this year. We are sorry that things did not work out.

That being said, we must move on. We are extremely excited to have Austin St. John added to our event, someone who has not appeared at a convention in the United States in seven years, and who is one of the most requested guests we are asked for each year. I would like to thank Zach at Galactic Productions, LLC for making the arrangements for Austin to appear. Zach is one of the best agents in the business, and is making a lot of dreams a reality. Austin will be joining his cast mates, David Yost and Walter Jones for a truly awesome reunion. In addition, there are several other Power Ranger guests such as Catherine Sutherland and Nakia Burrise. We hope to make some more exciting announcements soon! Go Go Power Rangers!

BatDan

Jason David Frank pulls out the same time Austin St. John is confirmed to appear.
... I get the feeling there was a falling out years ago.

He's a member of Dan's Toku Rants, and creator of 21 Jump Street Rangers, a fan series.

Ah I see, a podcast guy.
It's annoying that he's deflecting criticism like that. If there's no criticism, then Saban will continue to make garbage like Samurai and Megaforce.

Slayven

Jason David Frank pulls out the same time Austin St. John is confirmed to appear.
... I get the feeling there was a falling out years ago.

Ah I see, a podcast guy.
It's annoying that he's deflecting criticism like that. If there's no criticism, then Saban will continue to make garbage like Samurai and Megaforce.

Amazing what you can get away with as long as you includ "Go Go power rangers" somewhere in the show.

Top Bottom