• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Yeah, but JDF and ASJ were at Morphicon 1 and seemed to get along great, no? All the conflict just felt like dumb rumors because of their rivalry on the show. ASJ has avoided con appearances forever and never made a stink online, and JDF came across as the kind of guy who loves everyone when I met him. It could just be a big coincidence.

Besides, if its like some of you think where he's so obsessed with himself, wouldn't this be his big chance to show up ASJ for the first time in 7 years?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ah I see, a podcast guy.
It's annoying that he's deflecting criticism like that. If there's no criticism, then Saban will continue to make garbage like Samurai and Megaforce.

I'm friends with Shamus, and believe me, he spends PLENTY of time criticizing PR.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I mean his whole argument was pretty dumb but the "what about them suggests they're pirates?" was the real kicker and too funny to not post

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
He could not be serious.

I agree, I really hope he's not serious.
The only thing that could make it more "pirate-like" is if they start shouting pirate lingo out of nowhere.
"I'll make this monster walk the plank!"

There was that thing a few years ago about JDF calling ASJ out and wanting to fight him. I thought he apologised though, guess he wasn't as over it as he said.

Or maybe his cancellation is just a crazy coincidence.

alvmew

You know... do most of the riders in gaim even have motorcycles?

Gaim, Ryugen, Baron, Bravo, Guridon, and Hase!Kurokage all have Sakura Hurricanes and Rose Attackers. Kurokage Troopers use Dandeliners. So just Knuckle, Zangetsu, and the Energy Riders haven't used motorcycles.

Gaim, Ryugen, Baron, Bravo, Ornac and Kurokage do because there was the episode about the lock seed collecting game/diversion where they needed to get Lock Vehicles for the rest of them.

Knuckle probably doesn't.

The New Generation Riders presumably would have access to them but don't need to use them since they can access the crack.

vareon

The bikes are generic "all-user" bike a la Ridevendor. In theory they all have bikes, provided they can pluck one.

"Riders" in armored riders refer to beat riders though, which is a fancy way to say dancers.

Sugita is everywhere!

I hope his voice is his hyper one for shits and giggles.

Gaim is prequel to Kiva confirmed.

iyO9EuAojeai2.gif

nice to see how saban cg tech hasn't gotten much better since MMPR movie

alvmew

Gaim 22 (subs are out at Aesir for anyone that doesn't know yet.)

This show is just too good.
Glad to see Kouta finally knows about Yuuya, although all of this talk about last hopes, despair, etc. keeps making me have 'nam flashbacks to Wizard.

And I've got to admit, Project Ark makes sense, but still....

Zynx

With more and more episodes of Gaim, it really does seem like politics is the central conflict driver in the show - and it's handled very well. One thing though, Micchy keeping his involvement in Yggdrasil secret from his friends could be a huge point of leverage for the other guys if they need to use something against him, and it's not like Takatora can afford to get rid of anyone on his team, since they've already mentioned that they're short-staffed - and most of them are probably irreplaceable, too.

I do wonder how fights will play out as Gaim continues to get upgrades while everyone else seems left in the dust. Kouta was even beating on Takatora until the boss dropped the bombshell.

The conflict between points of view is quite interesting, and I wonder which one the show will promote in the end. But if the opening scene is really a sign of things to come, does the endgame involve the riders fighting each other for some final prize while humanity has already all been turned into Inves? I mean, if the show keeps upping the stakes as it goes on, eventually the universe will be infested/explode/something.

A sidenote - I really like how they're handling next episode teasers in Gaim, especially when compared to past series. There's enough to get you interested, but they usually don't spoil the main plot points. Unlike other series where quite often the next episode comes out and it turns out that the content of the teasers were the only interesting thing.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember an interview with Urobuchi had him mentioning how it was Sugita who basically got him to agree to do Kamen Rider...guess this is Gen repaying the favor.

I'd love if Gaim ends up encouraging other anime directors to give directing Tokusatsu a shot, it's really working out good.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Gaim 22 (subs are out at Aesir for anyone that doesn't know yet.)

And I've got to admit, Project Ark makes sense, but still....

Gaim sure is great.

fuck, I think we have too many people in the world as it is, and there's no alien/alternate universe invasion imminent...

Watch Da Birdie

So, according to the distinction between Hesei and Showa in SHT, Takatora would fall on the Showa "the lives of a few are worth the lives of many".

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, the early Gaim press conference pictures are so weird in retrospect.

006.jpg

Why did they feature Gridon so heavily when he's hardly in the show at all? From how prominently he was featured before the show started you'd have thought he was one of the main Riders.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I just wish they had the budget to hire extras cause Yggdrasil corp is like the biggest building in all of japan and only 5 or 6 people are ever in it at once.

reminds me, must suck working at dekabase.

You have like a min warning to go to some safety zone (w/e that means) before the base stands up and fights giant robots/aliens.

what if you were taking a shit?

Goddammit, Gaim. Just seen the subs and I'm aching for more.

So the lines being gradually drawn are as follows:

Kouta - Killing people brings despair, not hope! You don't embody hope and I aspire to find a way to save humanity another way, even if it means tearing your company out of the stock market permanently.

Kaito - Look, the weakest die and the strongest survive. Who cares about the city. I'm out to the depths of Helheim to find the strongest entity at its core and take it down so I can harness its strongest power.

Micchy - People deserve to live and die in blissful ignorance.

Takatora - If the genocide of 6/7 of the world's population has to occur for humanity to be saved, I will gladly do it and bear the weight of the sins myself.

Ryoma/Sid/Yoko - We're not that altruistic. If things are going to be fucked up, we might get to see/have something interesting out of it. Like a bit of Helheim power. Or in Ryoma's case: science.

I do wonder though: Takatora says he is keen to level the city at the press of ONE button if Invess come out through the crack. Had Micchy remained ignorant about all of Yggdrasil's operations and motives, would Takatora have willingly killed him as well with the rest of the city, or would he have shepherded him to a safe zone? I ask that because at an unexpected moment of invasion, would you risk the time to search for Micchy and bring him to safety before discharging Scalar, or would you press the button immediately?

Project Arc is legitimately shocking. I mean, the Helheim ruined civilisation that had Micchy pale with shock did little to me, but the revelation of Arc genuinely had my jaw dropped. It's sinister, it's even somewhat understandable a plan, and its codename is perfect. Like Noah's Arc. Save some. Drown the rest in floods - or in this case, perhaps napalm. Yggdrasil is playing God, and the true properties of Helheim aren't going to stand for this. I'm starting to suspect that Kaito may end up a bigger villain than Yggdrasil later on if he carries on down this road.

Still 200% more people than Wonderful Blue Sky organization.

And even they have more members than Tachibana's Anti-Zodiarts organisation (if we can count it as anything official) which is comprised of two people with one of them being
a Horoscope himself

vareon

Okay, just watched Gaim properly. Mind blown @ Project Ark. Not that it's unique to Gaim, but it's simple, understandable, not inherently evil, and not something I'd expect in a recent Kamen Rider show. Damn. Ryouma's delivery was perfect, too.

I just noticed we are now very far from the show's initial arc, which is a parallel warring period thingy with dancers.

And with all the factions and individual goals going on, they're still going to add another layer with the
intelligent Inves.

Watch Da Birdie

I just wish they had the budget to hire extras cause Yggdrasil corp is like the biggest building in all of japan and only 5 or 6 people are ever in it at once.

There was a lot of people in that bunker (I assume those were all Yggdrasil Employees and their family members who were chosen to survive).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
There was a lot of people in that bunker (I assume those were all Yggdrasil Employees and their family members who were chosen to survive).

That would make sense. Why would there be people in the bunker if nobody is supposed to know what's happening? Those must be Yggdrasil employees/family members/chosen members of society that deserve to be alive.

Afterall, Micchy knew about the place, and he's a Yggdrasil member now.

NeonZ

So, according to the distinction between Hesei and Showa in SHT, Takatora would fall on the Showa "the lives of a few are worth the lives of many".

To be fair, the Showa Riders in Kamen Rider Taisen are just trying to stop a woman from being resurrected to stop an army of monsters from appearing, not kill anyone. That'd just make one boy sad. Yggdrazil has already decided that killing 6/7's of humanity is inevitable to keep at least the minority alive. I don't think the Showa Riders would agree with Yggdrazil's plan.

Still, in a more general view, yes, Takatora is closer to "fighting for society", like the Showa Riders in KRT, rather than "fighting for individual feelings", like the Heisei Riders.

w/e happen to foundation x?

It was only ever used in tv shows and movies by producer Tsukada, and now he moved on from tokusatsu tv shows to a "Women of CSI" series. They were also used for the backstory of the Battride War game though and he had no involvement there.

Still, we're getting a follow up to the ZX cliffhanger and Badan 30 years later, so we might get someone else picking it up eventually for one of these crossovers at least.

they need to do a movie where its an all out war between the various villain toku groups.

Kinda weird that riders/sentai always seem to fight each other while villain groups are goodie goodie right away.

Zynx

Kouta - Killing people brings despair, not hope! You don't embody hope and I aspire to find a way to save humanity another way, even if it means tearing your company out of the stock market permanently.

Kaito - Look, the weakest die and the strongest survive. Who cares about the city. I'm out to the depths of Helheim to find the strongest entity at its core and take it down so I can harness its strongest power.

Micchy - People deserve to live and die in blissful ignorance.
Well, Kouta has no alternative plan that he aspires for, or even any inklings of one. He just doesn't like that someone has to be sacrificed for someone else. All he does is react to what's in front of him, no more. Still a child - one of the themes of the show - it will be interesting to see how he "grows up".

Kaito's attitude isn't limited to simply "let the weak die", but "the weak should become stronger". We have 2 concrete instances of actions along these lines - "saving" the child from the tree in ep 2, and encouraging Zack, his successor as Baron leader that he'll become stronger.

And Micchy right now seems to be most focused on keeping his friends safe (and in blissful ignorance) in a bubble, trying to "preserve" this corner of his life despite everything else going on.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I've been voting for Titanium Ranger and Phantom Ranger in a futile effort to get them to the top 5.

It'd be nice to have keys of them, even if only in the toyline!

Is that what happens? Top 5 gets keys?

Actually, after looking at the brackets it can't be 5 Tommys. Green and White Ranger are in the same side of the bracket. Unfortunately the Zeo Gold Ranger is with them too :(

Also MMPR Red and Space Red are in the same side of the bracket :(. MMPR Red will probably win and likely take out Dino Thunder Black Tommy along the way, so that good.

B6B77lT.jpg

Top Bottom