• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
TQG 5 was good, Schwartz is awesome and the villain's plan is surprisingly smart and mean (steal and eat all food)

With that said the Carrier Express and its cars are shit

NeonZ

Official site for Kamen Rider Taisen has been updated. Now it has story and character profiles.

http://www.superhero-movie.com/story/index.html

It seems to basically confirm the 2ch screening reports/spoilers, since it mentions
Badan's "Mega Reverse/Rebirh plan, which is the whole story about resurrecting an army of monsters.

Kaixa's bio seems to suggest that Badan's plan might resurrect him, but it's just implied, so it could just be a misleading tease.
The 2ch spoilers didn't mention his resurrection, only his appearance in Takumi's flashback, but, according to them, the screening of the movie wasn't complete, due to omitting the ending with the final Heisei vs Showa battle, so he could still appear there.

The Rider profiles sometimes mention their final forms, something that didn't happen in previous profiles for crossover movies. So, we might actually see them in action this time, probably mostly in the final battle which isn't getting spoiled at all by Toei apparently.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Why would Badan want to resurrect Kaixa?

I mean, he HATES Orphenochs, and looks out for himself, but I don't think I'd consider him to be the type of person to join an Evil Organization. I don't even consider Kusaka a bad guy, more like just a dude with mommy issues.

NeonZ

If I understood the spoilers correctly,
Badan's "Mega Reverse" Plan changes the order of the world of the living and the dead - and that's how they're resurrecting all the dead monsters and Shu's mother.

Look at this shot where the sky shows an upside down city, that's probably from when the machine is active already.

KamenRiderWars_13_zps0f5166e0.jpg

I guess Kaixa could slip through the cracks somehow since it seems to be a wide effect. Still, like I said, the 2ch spoilers didn't mention a resurrected Kaixa at all, so it could be just a misleading tease from the official site.

WillyFive

A Korean kid at my space camp today had a Power Rangers Miracle Force T-shirt on. This is in Florida.

61R92gmuGJL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

As for Gaim,
I wonder if they could just close the cracks using a zipper? If they ever do make a machine that can close them, or it is revealed that they are controlled by someone; I imagine they could make it seem like a zipper.

WillyFive

Trying hard to give a fuck about the ToQers

ToQger is going great so far. Reminds me a lot of early Shinkenger. Special effects wise, it's a clear downgrade from past seasons, and it's first month is not as spectacular as Kyoryuger was in it's first month; but I'm enjoying it.

Slayven

ToQger is going great so far. Reminds me a lot of early Shinkenger. Special effects wise, it's a clear downgrade from past seasons, and it's first month is not as spectacular as Kyoryuger was in it's first month; but I'm enjoying it.

They just don't have personalty to me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 05

Eat all of the food!
Right/Light eating the fish in front of the MotW was pretty funny. I think this is the first episode where he hasn't changed to Pink.

I guess the next 10 or so episodes are going to be a "gotta find them all" segment. Dat moichendise.

Schwartz bugging the train is actually smart. I look forward to see what else he can do.

Tenumi

Banned
Really, so far with ToQGer, the only big draws to me are the Conductor and Ticket, and the designs of the villains. The color change bit is pure gimmick, not really adding anything special. Character wise, I can gather a bit of personality from them, but Right just seems too... well, like Daigo in the sense that he's stronger and better than the rest and isn't afraid to face anything.

Boss Doggie

Color change is useless since in the ep preview we see them use weapons of their teammates without even changing colors

vareon

"Characters have no personality" seems to be a problem with new shows. You know, with one year hanging out with the previous cast, these new kids seem pretty bland. It's right up there with "This year's suits suck" to me.

ToQger suits still suck.

Tokugaf, should I watch Kamen Rider Gaim. Wizard kind of sour me on kamen rider.

Yes with the fury of million suns.

BatDan

Whoever predicted that the Pre-Zyu suits in Super Megaforce would cause civil wars... they were right. So much arguing and anger, fan-wanking all over the place, trying to find the most obscure explanations possible

If it happens again, I could see anger levels surpassing the War Doctor.

Tokugaf, should I watch Kamen Rider Gaim. Wizard kind of sour me on kamen rider.

Yes.

If you ever find the first few episodes a bit hard to watch, remember: it's all part of Urobuchi's trap. Things will quickly escalate.

Bottom line is, if Wizard's very stale take on the old 2 rider, 2-parter format has been hard to sit through and you want a show where there is a continuously developing storyline with virtually every episode important plot-wise with a whole bunch of different Riders going around, Gaim will be for you. We're approaching halfway through the show and there has not been a dull moment.

Midonin

Tokugaf, should I watch Kamen Rider Gaim.
Gaim is the best written Rider show since W (though that doesn't mean much to you), but it's simply a fantastic show. Defined characters, a defined world, moral ambiguity, DJs, it has everything.

Watch it!

Really, so far with ToQGer, the only big draws to me are the Conductor and Ticket, and the designs of the villains. The color change bit is pure gimmick, not really adding anything special. Character wise, I can gather a bit of personality from them, but Right just seems too... well, like Daigo in the sense that he's stronger and better than the rest and isn't afraid to face anything.

The villains are the best part of it so far. They seem pretty sinister and competent for such a wacky series.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
toQs story needs to kick into high gear. i dont care for the characters, and the zord is the ugliest ive seen

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
And their recent hijinks so far have been really creepy and downright evil.

Is say the only redeeming part of this series compared to kyoryuger is that the monsters of the week are actually quite evil.

I doubt well see many toqyuger basketball games or hide and go seek cosplay episodes.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I was thinking, Yggrasil really needs to hire this week's TOQ Shadow Monster.

I mean, starving the population would be a great way to weed out the other six billion.

vareon

Is say the only redeeming part of this series compared to kyoryuger is that the monsters of the week are actually quite evil.

I doubt well see many toqyuger basketball games or hide and go seek cosplay episodes.

Did your children like it?

Slayven

My only complaint about Gaim is the Enegry Riders are too well designed for the Energy Arrow, and should have their own weapons.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
My only complaint about Gaim is the Enegry Riders are too well designed for the Energy Arrow, and should have their own weapons.

Same here. They lose something by not having them. It almost makes them seem expendable.

Defuser

ToQger ep 5
I can't believe how well design the main villains are. They look so sinister and threatening not to mention the dark gothic palace helps alot with it.
Right being a douchebag to the monster is excellent.
The OP song must be popular considering they play it twice for almost all the episodes. And the song that played during the ToQoh transformation was totally 90's.

Tzmhero

I'm digging the DJ gun. Such an odd yet interesting gimmick for Gaim to weild. Also? I love that the Gun doubles as Gaim's 'I'm the title Rider so I get a huge sword' sword. That's a fun touch.

Boss Doggie

DJ Gun comes out after Gaim-with-Banners right?

Also I believe
DJ Sagara isn't really a human being much like cosplayer Mai

ToQger ep 5
I can't believe how well design the main villains are. They look so sinister and threatening not to mention the dark gothic palace helps alot with it.
The OP song must be popular considering they play it twice for almost all the episodes. And the song that played during the ToQoh transformation was totally 90's.

Yeah I can't wait what gimmick the Dark Liner is. I mean seriously...

1 - kidnapping
2 - forces people to hurt each other
3 - putting children in coffins
4 - horrific pain (although it didn't actually did its job well)
5 - starvation

though it seems next ep is just Schwartz doing the schwartz

im still not entirely sure whats the moral of toqger lol.

imagination something solves all problems?

and did the moty get eaten by a suicide bomber fish?

and this seems to be one of the first sentai in a while that has show full mecha gattai for many eps straight. usually they start using shorten ones by now.

LostAnkh

Still no news on SHF Ryugen or Kurogkage, yet Zangetsu Shin gets announced.

I am tempted with Robo Rider, even though I haven't seen Black RX. I remember seeing a large figure of him when I was 8, still looks awesome to this day.

Bandai just revealed SHFiguarts Hibiki and he looked perfect.

I am a very happy man.
He looks really good, but I'll pass, even though I loved the show.

vareon

Still no news on SHF Ryugen or Kurogkage, yet Zangetsu Shin gets announced.

I am tempted with Robo Rider, even though I haven't seen Black RX. I remember seeing a large figure of him when I was 8, still looks awesome to this day.

He looks really good, but I'll pass, even though I loved the show.

The 5400 yen price tag threw off a lot of people, I agree.

ReiGun

ToQger ep 5

The theme song is pretty amazing. Probably my favorite thing about the show besides the roll call.

BatDan

I want to see if I can get a General Schwartz action figure, find someone else that has the same one and say "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine".

*gets booed off the stage*

LostAnkh

The 5400 yen price tag threw off a lot of people, I agree.
I'm passing off on him because of his design, it's not bad(not good either) but not something I am willing to spend the money on. I've actually passed on the W figuarts (except Nasca), even though I REALLY loved W, but I'm such a picky bastard when it comes to this kind of stuff where you're putting in a good amount of money on high quality figures.

Gaim on the other hand, I've got these pre-ordered:
-SHFGaim
-SHF Baron
-SHF Zangetsu
-SHF Bravo
-SHF Gridon

-DX Bravo & Gridon set

It's really killing my wallet...

Top Bottom