• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

alvmew

Dinosaur Super Sentai War (feat. Go-Busters)

Liked it a lot. Granted, I was still extremely disappointed at the Go-Busters being an afterthought when it came to interacting with the Kyoryugers,
no rematch between the Busters and Dark Buster
, and
Jin's limited involvement
, but it was good nonetheless.

The full opening song of Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfVM-2ngGQQ

I love the full song.

Tenumi

Banned
lol troy was pretty dickish this eps.... so a personality finally!

glad how there is just a wordpress blog for all the power rangers info.

and they couldn't just clip some widescreen gekiranger footage? vs stretching some 4:3 footage lol

No joke, It'd be awesome for them to actually make that "Legendary Ranger Database" that they showed.

All honesty, I thought it was a good episode, if only that it was inoffensive at its core. Not a stand out but not a stinker either.

jwk94

Super MegaForce ep 5

Good episode. I enjoyed Casey's cameo and I really hope we'll see some more before the Legend War. Troy's sudden attitude change was offputing though.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
iTu5hm9xdFAwk.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh god, watching Gaim 23 with subs is just...

Oh my...

So delicious.

I think they look generic without it, but it must be because I'm already used to the rails.

It's the "big visor with different shapes with another visor like part on the top of the head" that made me think of the 80's.

^ lol yeah. Also he fights with war banner flags? That's dope.

Waiting on subs but I want to know what's the DJs deal?

I thought the seed wasn't an energy one. If you look at its design it has an auxiliary portion on the orange.

I also think kaito's next seed will be like this

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
^ lol yeah. Also he fights with war banner flags? That's dope.

Waiting on subs but I want to know what's the DJs deal?

I thought the seed wasn't an energy one. If you look at its design it has an auxiliary portion on the orange.

I also think kaito's next seed will be like this

Subs are out, go watch!

alvmew

Gaim 23 (Subbed)

And I repeat. This damn show. So good.

So Not!Mai, being the "woman of the beginning" seems to be either like an avatar for Helheim itself, or the reason it took over Not!Earth. Interesting. I really love Sagara's speech to Kouta about his enemy not being a set group of people or force, but rather an idea. Definitely brings me back to that little speech from Episode 1 about "painting the world in your own colors". Can't wait to see where this show goes, still have a little over half to go!

sure that book is probably a prop, but twisting a book in half isn't an easy feat lol.

I forget, aren't all those mooks humans? Did he just stop giving a fuck and murdered everyone with his dj autoshotgun?

Can't wait to see what his final form looks like (isn't it near time for it to be leaked?)

Gaim 23 continued the down the path of greatness. The talk between Kouta and Micchy was super tense, Triumphant Arms looks great and tears shit apart, and DJ Sagara
tipping his hand as something other than just a normal person
is a game changer.

Kinda disappointed that the TOQGer crossover is next week. I don't really dislike the show, but I haven't really been feeling it either so this special is basically just a delay on getting more Gaim proper.

What book was that anyway, a Bible?

I figured it'd be a dictionary or something like that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So downloaded ToQger raw for shits and giggles.

wat, is that
Den-O/Gabutrain/ToQ-Oh
gattai for reals?

Zynx

So Gaim.

DJ Sagara - clearly more than human. He knows a lot about the overlords and creates a (brand new) lock seed out of an EARTH(!) orange.

Kouta - "badass??" - Well, once again is spurred to action by someone else.

All three "kid" riders each have a patron - Micchy has his brother, Kaito and the professor, and Kouta and the DJ.

Still one big bomb yet to be dropped - Kouta and others still don't know Micchy is Yggdrasil and Takatora's brother. And Micchy seems more and more like a bad guy. Such role reversal from the beginning when Takatora seemed like the evil dude, but now we can see his "noble" intentions.

The entire show is about politics...even ghosty Mai seems to have an agenda now.

I wonder if Kouta taking out the Scalar system will have negative repercussions later on.

Also, I really wonder how the shows get developed. Because I suspect they design the toys and riders first, then try to assemble characters and a plot around it. And if this is the case, the writers did so damn well for Gaim, I cannot understate how superbly everything fits in around these fruity Riders, belts, etc.

Also, I really wonder how the shows get developed. Because I suspect they design the toys and riders first, then try to assemble characters and a plot around it. And if this is the case, the writers did so damn well for Gaim, I cannot understate how superbly everything fits in around these fruity Riders, belts, etc.

Urobuchi did an interview that confirmed this. Toys designs and whatnot come first and then the writers have to work with what they're given. I also believe they have to work around the specific toy schedule.

I think we were just talking about this a few weeks ago.

Damn. Zeo Gold vs. MMPR White Ranger. I want Gold to win, but that's a tough matchup.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Megaranger 13

So... when does the plot kick into gear? At least some kind of story?
It's just been a bunch of high school students fighting off monsters. There's been no big arc or macguffin to look for. Do things get interesting when Mega Silver shows up?

At least there's some decent character stuff. Chisato and Shun get some good moments. Kouichiro is a hardass though.
Kenta is pretty fun though. I can sympathize with him, being a slacker that just wants to play games.

WillyFive

Megaranger 13

So... when does the plot kick into gear? At least some kind of story?

No.

It's just been a bunch of high school students fighting off monsters. There's been no big arc or macguffin to look for.

That's pretty much it until the Nezirangers show up.

Do things get interesting when Mega Silver shows up?

Mega Silver is barely in the show.

Like I've said before, if you are interested in the premise of Megaranger, you might as well watch Fourze instead. It's like Megaranger, but good.

It's a shame, because the Megaranger suits and designs are all awesome. Power Rangers in Space is worth watching since it takes the footage and adds a lot of extra context to it that makes it better, in my opinion.

Carranger vs. Megaranger was fun though.

BatDan

No.

That's pretty much it until the Nezirangers show up.

Mega Silver is barely in the show.

Like I've said before, if you are interested in the premise of Megaranger, you might as well watch Fourze instead. It's like Megaranger, but good.

It's a shame, because the Megaranger suits and designs are all awesome. Power Rangers in Space is worth watching since it takes the footage and adds a lot of extra context to it that makes it better, in my opinion.

Carranger vs. Megaranger was fun though.

At this point, I might as well watch it for completion purposes.
I have seen In Space, and it's definitely a lot better.

Is Fourze a good entry Kamen Rider series?

WillyFive

Is Fourze a good entry Kamen Rider series?

I think that it is. It's unlike other Rider shows in that it's very lighthearted, but that's one of it's best parts I think. I loved all the characters, the season-wide story arc was well thought-out and easy to understand (compared to the nonsense in some past Rider shows), it had awesome music, and the suits and powers took heavy advantage of the NASA space theme (it was a lot more literal and on-the-nose than Megaranger's suits and powers were).

Of course, don't expect something as serialized as Gaim; the core of Fourze is still the bi-weekly high school hijinks of a bunch of kids that form a club (much like Megaranger). However, the characters change and we learn more about them as the show goes on, and by the ending it felt like the characters went through a lot; as opposed to Megaranger which the characters stayed pretty much the same all year.

The villains are also a lot better than Megaranger. Sure, Mega had the Nezirangers, but if you saw In Space, then you know exactly what you're getting in Mega. All In Space did was copy that arc with a 1:1 translation. The rest of the show's villains are awful and go out in really anti-climactic ways. However, with Fourze, I felt the villains were more relevant characters to the plot, and were significantly more sympathetic to me. The final boss of Fourze ended up being a relatable character and kinda made you feel sad how things came out for him; but for the final boss of Megaranger, it felt like something the writers gave up on very early in the show.

BatDan

By "entry", I meant "entry level". As in I haven't seen a single Kamen Rider series before.

Though it seems everyone loves Gaim.

Zynx

I suspect that if you jump in to Kamen Rider with Gaim, you might end up not liking any of the others because they're so inferior.

I'm serious.

vareon

By "entry", I meant "entry level". As in I haven't seen a single Kamen Rider series before.

Though it seems everyone loves Gaim.

Yes, Fourze is an ok starting point. Though basically everything after Decade, barring Wizard and Gaim, is a good entry point.

Top Bottom