• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
BJdzxjg.jpg

Yeah was gonna share that.

That was hilarious!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The other two are from a Western Toku show that's actually good.

Huh... yeah Doctor Who being Tokusatsu makes sense. The Daleks wouldn't look too out of place in a Japanese show. Plus it still uses plenty of practical effects (and the CGI is just as shit as something Toei would do).

BatDan

No, anyone wanna remember Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills? Or start claiming that TMNT The Next Mutation had better Ameritoku designs than those fucking Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Shreks?

Honestly, the first time I heard of Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills was that joke in DBZ Abridged (Episode 19 in case you're curious). Looking up the costumes... they make Battle Fever J look appealing.

The only good thing that the Liebesman Turtles have over Next Mutation is that there's no Venus de Milo.

kinda wish the baddies actually had a mecha too in toq.

and holy shit fast mecha brawling! so nostalgic.

which one had the boxer megazord... zeo/oh?

also, this is like the best piece of cg out of toei lol.

iSL3UZBQpVcbd.gif

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
http://henshinjustice.com/2014/03/28/toei-hero-next-4-we-are-bounty-hunters-main-characters-info/

This film takes place in the world of Kyoryuger in January 2014 when the Deboth Army attacks the Earth. The ending theme of the movie is called “Shiny Road” by PASSPO. PASSPO is the idol group which features Makoto Okunaka (Koyomi in Kamen Rider Wizard).

Like Kyoryuger had “Hero of ……..” (……….. no Yuusha) in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger, the actor’s of TOEI HERO NEXT have “Actor of ………” (………… no Yakusha). Yamato Kinjo being the exception, having the title of “Official of ………..” (……….. no Yakunin).

BheW_3uCAAAqqdW-500x333.jpg

Ryo Ryusei (Daigo Kiryu / KyoryuRed) plays the role of a undercover officer called Tatsuya Akai. He is also an Otaku like Akiba Red and likes tokusatsu. He is summoned by Toshiaki Kanehara (Atsushi Maruyama) to help him in his Theater Gekidan Bazooka. He is also known as the Actor of Possession (Hioi no Yakusha). His surname “Akai” contains the character “Aka” which means Red, referring to his portrayal as KyoryuRed in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.

Bhji8sqCUAASPvd-500x333.jpg

Saito Syuusuke (Ian Yorkland / KyoryuBlack) plays the role of Ken Kuroda. He is in a love triangle with Tatsuya Akai & Shintaro Midori (Akihisa Shiono). He has the mind of a girl, and is actually considered to be an actress rather than an actor in Gekidan Bazooka. He is also known as the Actor of Delusion (Moso no Yakusha). His surname “Kuroda” contains the character “Kuro” which means Black, referring to his portrayal as KyoryuBlack in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.

Bhtg-WVCQAAWyQG-500x333.jpg

Yamato Kinjo (Nobuharu Udo / KyoryuBlue) plays the role of a Police Officer called Aoki. He helps the people from evil and even Deboth. He is appointed by Toshiaki Kanehara to search for a girl called Riko Ando (Yumi Sugimoto), and later works with Tatsuya to search for her. He is also known as the “Official of Excitement” (Kandou no Yakunin). In the picture above you can see him saluting Tatsuya. His name “Aoki” contains the character “Ao” which means Blue, referring to his portrayal as KyoryuBlue in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.

Bh2rsBICIAAW6TC-500x333.jpg

Akihisa Shiono (Soji Rippukan / KyoryuGreen) plays the role of Shintaro Midori, an Academy Award-winning actor. He is a very serious actor in Gekidan Bazooka. He is known as the “Actor of Cleverness” (Kiremono no Yakusha). He is also good at swordplay. His surname “Midori” means Green, referring to his portrayal as KyoryuGreen in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.

Bh8bzWjCEAAkxZo-500x333.jpg

Ayuri Konno (Amy Yuuzuki / KyoryuPink) plays the role of Kaori Sakuragawa. She is a schoolgirl and wants to work at Gekidan Bazooka. She is known as the “Actress of Do-S” (Do-S no Yakusha). Do-S refers to Sadism or Sadist. Her surname “Sakuragawa” contains the character “Sakura” which means Cherry Blossom —> Pink , referring to her portrayal as KyoryuPink in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.

BiBlqRhCcAADVZ2-500x333.jpg

Atsushi Maruyama (Utsusemimaru / KyoryuGold) plays the role of Toshiaki Kanehara who is the Chairman of Gekidan Bazooka. He has complete control over the theater, and writes all the scripts with tremendous speed. He is known as the “Featured Actor” (Kessaku no Yakusha). His surname “Kanehara” contains the character “Kin” which means Gold, referring to his portrayal as KyoryuGold in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.

I actually want to watch this. Sounds more interesting than the other Toei Hero Next movies they've done. though I don't get how Diago's equivalent is supposed to be a Toku fan while they're still supposedly in the same world as Kyoryuger's

Also there's a bunch of other former sentai actors in the movie like Gokai Blue, Kuroki, Mele, Shinken Gold

NeonZ

So do the teamup take place before or after the movie?

Before. Aside from Badan still being around, there's also Fifteen in the end of the team up, who pretty much only shows up to beat up the Toqger and foreshadow the movie. Also, in the tv team up, no one knows about Badan in the beginning.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if in the movie itself everyone is introduced to Badan again, in spite of these two episodes being supposed to be prequels to it...

WillyFive

The Gaim and ToQger summer double feature will be on July 19th.

http://henshinjustice.com/2014/03/28/toei-hero-next-4-we-are-bounty-hunters-main-characters-info/

I actually want to watch this. Sounds more interesting than the other Toei Hero Next movies they've done. though I don't get how Diago's equivalent is supposed to be a Toku fan while they're still supposedly in the same world as Kyoryuger's

Also there's a bunch of other former sentai actors in the movie like Gokai Blue, Kuroki, Mele, Shinken Gold

Wow, so not only it is directed by Sakamoto, it's canon with Kyoryuger.

Slayven

Before. Aside from Badan still being around, there's also Fifteen in the end of the team up, who pretty much only shows up to beat up the Toqger and foreshadow the movie. Also, in the tv team up, no one knows about Badan in the beginning.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if in the movie itself everyone is introduced to Badan again, in spite of these two episodes being supposed to be prequels to it...

Ok, I thought the monster was getting Fifteen out of monster hell

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Imagination Station's Abaranger subs are stellar.

One of the O-T dudes on another forum was saying to avoid it, because apparently it's the same dudes who worked on the Dairanger/Gekiranger subs...

It's the second time I've seen this O-T dude though put down this sub group, yet he's never exactly explained the problem with the group...in fact, he did the whole "it doesn't exist!" thing whenever someone brought up their Gekiranger sub. I know that the sub was a bit weird in that it translated everything, such as Gekiranger to Wild Ranger, and all the bad guys names who were anagrams of the animals they were based on, but otherwise I've yet to see any reason why he hates the subs so much, so I only assume it's some sort of behind the scenes drama with the sub group or something.

I'm watching the Abaranger sub too, and it seems perfectly fine...some of the language seems to be a bit improvised, like Aesir does (like the one glasses girl saying "totes" and other slang), and "Dynasaurs", and I've noticed a few odd moments where contractions have the apostrophe really spaced out, and also sometimes the subs don't flow that well into one another, but it seems pretty workable to me.

I'm thrilled to have an Abaranger Sub, it was my first exposure to Sentai when my friend in Middle School had the bootleg Hong Kong DVDs...back then, though, it didn't bother me as much as I could basically make out the plot. I really like the way the show's filmed and the ancient CG, it's got a nostalgic look to it, reminds me of how interesting the older Hesei Riders look.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
One of the O-T dudes on another forum was saying to avoid it, because apparently it's the same dudes who worked on the Dairanger/Gekiranger subs...

It's the second time I've seen this O-T dude though put down this sub group, yet he's never exactly explained the problem with the group...in fact, he did the whole "it doesn't exist!" thing whenever someone brought up their Gekiranger sub. I know that the sub was a bit weird in that it translated everything, such as Gekiranger to Wild Ranger, and all the bad guys names who were anagrams of the animals they were based on, but otherwise I've yet to see any reason why he hates the subs so much, so I only assume it's some sort of behind the scenes drama with the sub group or something.

I'm watching the Abaranger sub too, and it seems perfectly fine...some of the language seems to be a bit improvised, like Aesir does (like the one glasses girl saying "totes" and other slang), and "Dynasaurs", and I've noticed a few odd moments where contractions have the apostrophe really spaced out, and also sometimes the subs don't flow that well into one another, but it seems pretty workable to me.

I'm thrilled to have an Abaranger Sub, it was my first exposure to Sentai when my friend in Middle School had the bootleg Hong Kong DVDs...back then, though, it didn't bother me as much as I could basically make out the plot. I really like the way the show's filmed and the ancient CG, it's got a nostalgic look to it, reminds me of how interesting the older Hesei Riders look.

The thing is, his Gekiranger subs also had a second sub track, which left the proper names in Japanese (Gekiranger, the mecha/move names, etc.). That's how I watched it, and it was great.

BatDan

These fansubs wars wouldn't happen if Toei just allowed someone to release official subs.
Good ones, not the awful ones like Fist of the North Star & Digimon Tamers on Hulu.

Midonin

I've heard that actors' royalties are a big reason why toku is tough to license for simulcasting. Crunchyroll tried to get it, but wasn't able to.

Slayven

These fansubs wars wouldn't happen if Toei just allowed someone to release official subs.
Good ones, not the awful ones like Fist of the North Star & Digimon Tamers on Hulu.

I've heard that actors' royalties are a big reason why toku is tough to license for simulcasting. Crunchyroll tried to get it, but wasn't able to.

Yeah Japanese talent agencies are crazy about rights and shit.

Watch Da Birdie

I think I'd make a great Toku Star, I've got a decent body, pretty distinctive body language and personality (not that you need that judging by Troy and Haruto), and could probably make a decent Secondary Rider, or a Green/Black Sentai Member.

Watch Da Birdie

I always feel sorry for fat people in Toku, like the one Team Raid Wild dude, that fat girl in the HS episode of Wizard, the lady who screams "MUTSUKIIIII!" in the Blade (0w0) Youtube videos...

I mean, here in America, it's no big deal, but in Japan those characters always stick out like a sore thumb. I guess if you lined them up thought against fat Americans they'd probably look downright skinny.

I always feel sorry for fat people in Toku, like the one Team Raid Wild dude, that fat girl in the HS episode of Wizard, the lady who screams "MUTSUKIIIII!" in the Blade (0w0) Youtube videos...

I mean, here in America, it's no big deal, but in Japan those characters always stick out like a sore thumb. I guess if you lined them up thought against fat Americans they'd probably look downright skinny.

unless you are a sumo star

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Welp, I think it's pretty safe to say we have a good idea of exactly what Sagara is after that preview for Gaim 24 at the end of the crossover special.

He's a survivor of the previous world that Helheim took over.

Link1110

Here's what we know about the ToQGers-

Right is stupid.

Hikari is 'smart'

There are three other ToQGers

6KlBNEJ.png
They have a blank spot in their memory that made them forget each other, I mean forget everything but each other which absolutely in no way resembles ff8 in reverse.

Watch Da Birdie

Welp, I think it's pretty safe to say we have a good idea of exactly what Sagara is after that preview for Gaim 24 at the end of the crossover special.

He's a survivor of the previous world that Helheim took over.

Some think he might be the third Overlord, as there's believed to be three corresponding to the main colors of Invase we've seen, Red, Green, and Blue

The Sugita one is Demesu, the Red, and the new one in the preview is Redue, the Green. Red's met Kaito, and apparently Green is meeting with Micchy soon, so it makes sense that Blue would reach out to Kouta

Top Bottom