• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Do you remember anything else about the match ups in the final battle? I haven't seen any comments about that in the Japanese sites. only about the Rider 1 vs Gaim part.
Is the battle interrupted right in the beginning and so no one wins/loses? Or do you get to see some other match ups before that?

You get to see match ups but honestly everything goes by really quick, I don't remember the details much.

LostAnkh

4woIEt8.jpg

white ranger winning, yeaaaaaaa

MisterHero

I guess Austin St. John emerged from the ether but not soon enough to be in the Legendary War. That's okay though; he might get his own special next season. *salute*

;_;7

Link1110

Just started ToQger and the changes to the main formula are pretty neat. The entire cast is really cute and my only real qualm atm is the ugly as sin mecha.

Whenever Toqger uses models, it looks like it takes place in the Land of Make-Believe from Mr. Rogers. The fact that that's jarring is one of the problems I have with the show, like the fight on top of the train which I was enjoying then they come to a wall and the train has to go vertically and that just took me out of the episode.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Looking forward to the Gaim x TOQ special tonight...

Interested to see if they're gonna attempt to fit it in the individual show's canons.

The weird thing is, I've barely got a good feel for the TOQ cast in their actual show, so it's gonna be weird seeing them in a cross-over so soon, but hopefully they get to flesh out their personality more with a whole hour.

Looking forward to the Gaim x TOQ special tonight...

Interested to see if they're gonna attempt to fit it in the individual show's canons.

The weird thing is, I've barely got a good feel for the TOQ cast in their actual show, so it's gonna be weird seeing them in a cross-over so soon, but hopefully they get to flesh out their personality more with a whole hour.

Hopefully, the TOQgers will meet up with some Beat Riders, and we can see them socialize with someone outside of their little band of dream warriors.

I think it's cool that the special's airing on TV rather than going straight to video. There's enough wiggle room in the premise of both shows to make it a real crossover; neither show takes place in *our* world, so it's all fair game.

WillyFive

Whenever Toqger uses models, it looks like it takes place in the Land of Make-Believe from Mr. Rogers. The fact that that's jarring is one of the problems I have with the show, like the fight on top of the train which I was enjoying then they come to a wall and the train has to go vertically and that just took me out of the episode.

The point is that they aren't bound to real life limitations because they are powered by imagination. It's all solid from an internal point of view.

What takes me out of it is the huge gap in quality between the miniature and CG special effects shots.

Watch Da Birdie

pretty much, I hope the 6th ranger has something about him

I wonder how he's gonna fit into the whole "we were all friends!" thing.

Is he gonna be a dude completely unrelated to them and thus has to try and fit in with a group of friends?

Or is he gonna be another childhood friend who no ones remembers, and they'll go for a Yuuto-thing?

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason they're making a Kikaider reboot. For some reason they're calling it Kikaider REBOOT. Here's the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hQaPFR9cRo

Looks better than the Gavan movie I guess
For some reason it seems he's gonna get a cameo in the ToQger vs. Gaim special, judging from the scans.

(Well, being only a minor role means they have learned from the terrible Gavan episodes of Go-Busters, at least.)

Watch Da Birdie

For some reason it seems he's gonna get a cameo in the ToQger vs. Gaim special, judging from the scans.

(Well, being only a minor role means they have learned from the terrible Gavan episodes of Go-Busters, at least.)

I heard the scans say he's gonna appear in a separate Gaim episode down the road.

Watch Da Birdie

Crossover's pretty cute so-far, nice to have both sets of characters get a chance to breathe a bit.

Watch Da Birdie

At the end of the Crossover, they played the new song Kouta's VA is singing for Kachidoki Arms...sounds really neat.

Anyway, crossover wasn't canon it seems, but led into the new movie as one would expect. Was pretty fun all around, lots of cute moments between the casts, cool fight scenes, honestly I hope these become a regular thing going forward.

Next week on Gaim it seems we're getting more Invase Lords.

WillyFive

This is what the other Superhero Taisen movies should have been; actual interaction with the two current teams instead of bombarding the viewer with tons of cameos of old teams and Riders that don't even demorph 85% of the time.

Also, choreography for the ToQgers was better here than in their show; especially for the mecha battle.

Wait a sec, those two posing aside JDF look familiar...

The other two are from a Western Toku show that's actually good.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Matt Smith (11th Doctor) & Karen Gillan (Amy Pond)
This Lost Galaxy screencap finally makes sense:

prlggallifrey.jpg

(For those in this topic who haven't followed classic Doctor Who (by logic, since the first Saban era of Power Rangers was during Doctor Who's Wilderness Years): the "coordinates of meteoroid field" are actually the coordinates of Gallifrey, quoted verbatim from Pyramid of Mars.)

Top Bottom