• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Tenumi

Banned
Sad what's happened to the old "Kids" networks... Nick's just a Spongebob re-air machine with no direction and senseless scheduling, and Cartoon Network can't tell money if someone flashed it in front of their face.

At least the Hub's fine, and Disney's... well, Disney. If it wasn't for the lesser subscriber base, I'd say the Hub would be a perfect fit for Power Rangers... well, as long as Bandai and Hasbro get along, that is.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
kSqORX8.jpg

Best stupidest thing I've seen all week

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What the fuck?

Apparently the samurai dude from the OOO Movie isn't just appearing in Battride War 2, he's a playable character.

Goddamn if he gets in over an actual Rider...although, truth be told, that's pretty funny.

What the fuck?

Apparently the samurai dude from the OOO Movie isn't just appearing in Battride War 2, he's a playable character.

Goddamn if he gets in over an actual Rider...although, truth be told, that's pretty funny.

He's from a period drama called Abarenbo Shogun. Which was pretty damn popular, all things considered.

Link1110

Read the OP, and the recommended shows needs some Carranger and Megaranger.

Carranger is a full on parody of all Sentai. Some may be turned off by what they did to it in Power Rangers Turbo, but resist that temptation. Carranger is a really fun show and the funniest Sentai they've ever done.

Megaranger has some really great characterization and isn't afraid to get really dark when they need to. There are some light and fun episodes, but then there's an episode where
the red ranger has to come to terms with the fact that he thinks he accidentally killed a kid in battle
or
the villains are killing people left and right because they suspect that's who the rangers may be
or the last few episodes when
the rangers' secret identities are outed and they are hated by everyone, leading to an interesting moment when they are in the same situation that turned the villain evil.
This is in a series with the rangers all being high school students that have access to some space technology that seems right out of Power Rangers at first glance.If you liked Shinkenger or Jetman, this show is the only other Sentai I've seen that's on that level and needs a lot more love than I see it get.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What the fuck?

Yeah, I'm still waiting on actual confirmation on this. As far as I know it's just one blog reporting it, which isn't quite concrete enough for me yet.

WillyFive

Read the OP, and the recommended shows needs some Carranger and Megaranger.

Carranger is a full on parody of all Sentai. Some may be turned off by what they did to it in Power Rangers Turbo, but resist that temptation. Carranger is a really fun show and the funniest Sentai they've ever done.

Megaranger has some really great characterization and isn't afraid to get really dark when they need to. There are some light and fun episodes, but then there's an episode where
the red ranger has to come to terms with the fact that he thinks he accidentally killed a kid in battle
or
the villains are killing people left and right because they suspect that's who the rangers may be
or the last few episodes when
the rangers' secret identities are outed and they are hated by everyone, leading to an interesting moment when they are in the same situation that turned the villain evil.
This is in a series with the rangers all being high school students that have access to some space technology that seems right out of Power Rangers at first glance.If you liked Shinkenger or Jetman, this show is the only other Sentai I've seen that's on that level and needs a lot more love than I see it get.

Carranger is a classic. An absolutely brilliant show.

But I don't agree that Mega is near the level of Jetman or Shinkenger.

Watch Da Birdie

Pictures of Baron's new form out...it's like his own version of Lemon Raiment, but looks pretty...ugly. Still has the headphones and everything.

Also Jonouchi will be crossdressing, uh, and Kikaider will apparently be making a cameo.

Pictures of Baron's new form out...it's like his own version of Lemon Raiment, but looks pretty...ugly. Still has the headphones and everything.

Also Jonouchi will be crossdressing, uh, and Kikaider will apparently be making a cameo.

Wait, that's not even Lemon Raiment. That's Baron Lemon Energy Arms... very weird.

He's using the Genesis Driver full-stop, not the Sengoku Driver+Genesis Core combo.

Odd that his undersuit didn't change like Zangetsu's did.

http://www.jefusion.com/2014/03/power-rangers-super-megaforce-marketing.html

Power Rangers Dino Charge draws on the power of the dinosaurs, which was always a big hit with kids, and is a similar theme to what Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers was all about 21 years ago. Now, we are bringing back the some of that DNA of the original Mighty Morphin' show, and that will be a very exciting season for 2015."

Damnation.

Slayven

That is what botheres me most about modern PR. Is the lazyness of the writing. you can do a scene for scene remake of gokaiger, but at least inject some life into these "teenagers with attitudes".

That is what botheres me most about modern PR. Is the lazyness of the writing. you can do a scene for scene remake of gokaiger, but at least inject some life into these "teenagers with attitudes".

seriously just give them any kind of 'character' terrible or generic or w/e. give something.

makes you wonder why they even have actors. the show can just be done with the suits.

Watch Da Birdie

Teenagers don't have attitude anymore. :(

They're all into dubstep, Jeff Dunham, and that Twitter stuff now.

Well the teenagers in Neo-Saban barely have any character at all, let alone attitude.

Wait, that's not even Lemon Raiment. That's Baron Lemon Energy Arms... very weird.

He's using the Genesis Driver full-stop, not the Sengoku Driver+Genesis Core combo.

Damnation.

*sighs* I knew it... they're gonna milk that nostalgia cow hard.

JDF confirmed.

Also get ready for another remix of the MMPR theme...and for JDF to yell Yeeeeaaaaaa.

Damnation.

The only surprising thing about this is the implication that the Neo-Saban series so far weren't already riding on MMPR's coattails. Although in this case it'll be justified since Kyoryu did have an actual crossover with Zyu.

Watch Da Birdie

Hesei won apparently.

They stop fighting when Kouta prevents Rider 1 from stomping a flower.

But it sounds like Rider 1 was winning, so I guess the point of the poll was more of a joke because, is in the end, Riders fighting only led to sadness.

Apparently though people who saw it said it's better than the first two SHT, with the battle being shoehorned in.

jwk94

Whelp, just got done with the Dyno Team-Up movie. That movie was all nostalgia and little plot. I really disliked it.

Also got caught up on Gaim. I'm sad that i don't have anything to watch until the episodes come out each week =/. Also, is it just me or does Micchy seem like he might be the final big bad? Besides the obvious, something just doesn't sit right with me. Everybody has their motivations but what's his?

Whelp, just got done with the Dyno Team-Up movie. That movie was all nostalgia and little plot. I really disliked it.

Also got caught up on Gaim. I'm sad that i don't have anything to watch until the episodes come out each week =/. Also, is it just me or does Micchy seem like he might be the final big bad? Besides the obvious, something just doesn't sit right with me. Everybody has their motivations but what's his?

Gaim is fuzzy because we have at least six solid candidates for the big bad. Micchy, Baron, all three of the Professor's crew, and maybe even Sagara. The new Inves is a long shot.

zeopower6

Just started ToQger and the changes to the main formula are pretty neat. The entire cast is really cute and my only real qualm atm is the ugly as sin mecha.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

It's been stated several times that Micchy's motivations are to keep everything the way it is now for as long as possible. He likes what he has now with Team Gaim and his friends (Mai especially) and doesn't want that to change. He sees what Kouta is doing as rocking the boat, endangering the peace of the short-term, even if it means securing the peace of the long-term.

Watch Da Birdie

The new episode scans suggest that Micchy's becoming increasingly frustrated with Kouta, and may not even see him as a friend anymore...

I imagine his creepy Kusaka-esque "I Love Mai!" side will become more prevalent as he tries to protect her from getting roped into Kouta's adventures.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The new episode scans suggest that Micchy's becoming increasingly frustrated with Kouta, and may not even see him as a friend anymore...

I imagine his creepy Kusaka-esque "I Love Mai!" side will become more prevalent as he tries to protect her from getting roped into Kouta's adventures.

Id like to see micchy as kusaka 2.0(when it comes to scheming he's kinda there already) but he's really gonna have to go in on the backstabbing. Which makes me think we might get a "MISUNDERSTANDINGS!" Type plot. Which would be bad for everyone involved.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Just got back from Kamen Rider War, it was loooooooooonggggggggggg and the ending is laugh-out-loud corny.

The sentai parts were also just out of nowhere, but whatever. The movie was essentially let's cram as much and many people as possible. Gaim used the Kachidoki lock seed at one point and used the Hinawadaidaidjjuu in greatsword mode so that was cool. Overall it was just a nostalgia trip from beginning to end (not that I expected anything more).

Web Page survey spoilers:
I think Heisei wins? Honestly I couldn't tell what part was decided by the web survey, but in the very end Kamen Rider 1 tells Gaim he "lost" because Gaim defended his rider kick to save a small ass weed and showed him how Heisei Riders are true riders too or some shit, whatever. This all happens after the main story is over so it doesn't matter anyway.

NeonZ

Do you remember anything else about the match ups in the final battle? I haven't seen any comments about that in the Japanese sites. only about the Rider 1 vs Gaim part.
Is the battle interrupted right in the beginning and so no one wins/loses? Or do you get to see some other match ups before that?

Top Bottom