• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

ReiGun

Nah but can we talk about how much better the RPM theme is than the Go-OnGer? I mean, amirite? Amirite?

Why is the RPM theme is so bad?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nah but can we talk about how much better the RPM theme is than the Go-OnGer? I mean, amirite? Amirite?

Why is the RPM theme is so bad?

Its....bland and simplistic. If go-on has one thing going for it, its the soundtrack. Go-on wings is still one of my favorite secondary ranger theme.

ReiGun

Its....bland and simplistic. If go-on has one thing going for it, its the soundtrack. Go-on wings is still one of my favorite secondary ranger theme.

Man I never watched past episode 5 of Go-Onger, but I love the shit out of "Take Off! Go-On Wings" and "Engine Oh G12."

Man I never watched past episode 5 of Go-Onger.

Take some time to correct this. I fell down a hole watching Go-Onger. It was a breath of fresh air when I watched it. I enjoyed the lighthearted nature of it all and came out of it wondering why it gets shitted on like it does. #TeamG3Princess

Go-Onger > RPM. That whole soundtrack is just so good!

Dekaranger > SPD slightly. SPD's theme brings that hype but there's something about that Dekaranger theme. This may just be the newness of the song since I marathoned it but I love it to death though.

Kruger > Cruger slightly again. Dekaranger let him just be a Based God in everything he did. SPD didn't let Cruger exhibit this Based God ability as much but he does get the edge in the Kat > Swan debate.

Syd > Umeko & Jasmine = Z. No explanation needed here.

Dino Thunder = Abaranger. Both themes get the point of getting hype for dinosaurs and such in their own special way.

WillyFive

The 00s was a great decade for Sentai ending songs. Not as good as the 80s though, they still have the best ending songs by far. The 90s have the worst ones though, with a few exceptions they were mostly poor IMO.

Syd > Umeko

QVtCtUY.png

Tenumi

Banned
On the topic of music, who was Gokaiger's music director? Every season I've watched hasn't come close to matching just how well the music fits and how memorable it is.

WillyFive

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Xerotwo

I've been hearing that the samurai guy is playable.

It'd be pretty badass to play as him, since he had a somewhat important role in the OOOs movie.

Umeko's a cutie but Syd just does something for me. I wasn't feeling a Pink like that since Kendrix and Cassie before her. You might want to Google Alycia Purrott in Jailbait and come back.

Jasmine and Z >>>>>>>> Umeko and Syd. These are facts, brehs.

I can't agree to this falsehood. The gap of hotness between the 4 of them isn't that deep. SPD > Dekaranger barely in the hot department with Kat breaking the stalemate.

And Battride War 2 looks dope. Next one needs Super Sentai or just give them another shot at the Musou.

Tenumi

Banned
Dragonzord: Awesome

$80 cost: Not so awesome.

--------------------------

While I'm caught up on Gaim, Toqger, and Super Megaforce, I've fallen out of watching Dairanger due to a lack of caring brought upon by the story shortly after introducing Kibaranger. Maybe I'll just jump over to Maskman and watch that.

Also, thinking of starting Kamen Rider Fourze due to the love it seems to be getting around here.

Dragonzord: Awesome

$80 cost: Not so awesome.

--------------------------

While I'm caught up on Gaim, Toqger, and Super Megaforce, I've fallen out of watching Dairanger due to a lack of caring brought upon by the story shortly after introducing Kibaranger. Maybe I'll just jump over to Maskman and watch that.

Also, thinking of starting Kamen Rider Fourze due to the love it seems to be getting around here.

Toy-Fair-2014-Bandai-Power-Rangers-Legacy-019.jpg

legacy titanus is gonna be $200 lmao.

ill probably get the dragonzord because i already got the legacy megazord. titanus im skipping... shit didn't even do anything besides you can put the tail on its sides like guns.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyoryuger: Chompachomp of Music

I always forget that Japan's definition of a movie is very different than ours. Sometimes it's just an extended episode with a bigger budget.
At least Episode 39 makes sense now.

Pretty fun though.

Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters

Go-Busters were in this?
They felt like background characters compared to the Dinosaur Sentai.
I will say, it was pretty fucking awesome. That Dinosaur roll call.

Megaranger (current progress)

And the show has actually gotten better. Once Episode 16 hit, the show took an upturn in quality. Funny since that episode was written by Yasuko Kobayashi.

Watch Da Birdie

So, looking at the Battride War 2 Trailer, it seems rather than using its summer movie, Decade's going with Movie Wars.

I wonder if we're gonna see the rest of the Den-O Movies (or at least Farewell Den-O, since it's the debut of New Den-O and they already have a model from Battride War 1) in addition to "I'm Born!", and I wonder if Movie Wars Core and Megamax will get represented, as I think Ultimatum is since one scene seems to be the Underworld Fight from that movie, plus Fourze has the Nadeshiko x Meteor Fusion I believe.

And what's Kuuga gonna do? Perhaps do a "What If?" movie, or do something with Decade Kuuga?

Watch Da Birdie

Thank Fujioka Gaim's final form in BW2 is Kachidoki and not Jinba Lemon. I guess Kiwami will be free/paid DLC.

Wondering how some of the characters gonna work with extra forms added.

Like will you get to pick between PuToTyranno and Super Tatoba for OOO?

Wondering how some of the characters gonna work with extra forms added.

Like will you get to pick between PuToTyranno and Super Tatoba for OOO?
I assume that the movie forms are the R2 super forms and the previous super forms are like high level unlockable form changes. They haven't mentioned and gamepllay changes from what I remember.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hey TokuGAF, I have a request.

Anyone could make a hype train gif from ToQger? Would want to put it in Smash Direct hype thread.

Defuser

Kamen Rider Gaim ep 1 to 23
Seen almost everywhere everbody is splooging over Gaim. So I decided to make this my first Kamen Rider experience of watching this not to mention I'm interested in how Gen Urobuchi will write in Tokusatsu since I watch his other anime works.

HOLY.FUCKING.SHIT

I'm damn surprised how much production values went into making Gaim.The action, the CGI VFX, the cuts and shots, the costumes. It makes Super Sentai look like crap.

And so far Gen Urobuchi have not let me down with the story, pacing and characters. This show is really dark with people dying, stealing, backstabbing, lying, being turn into monsters.etc and this is shown on a sunday morning for kids?! Gotta give Toei credit for being daring and getting Urobuchi to handle this.
Every single episode is great so far, almost every single character heavily involved so far have their own agendas and plots. I seriously enjoying this show.

Goddamn at the Kachidoki Arms. A tanker armour with a gun that acts like a shotgun,machine and a bazooka not to mention a gunblade hyrid and it fights with banner flags?! I say holy shit again. Kouta is fucking shit up and it's almost not even halfway in the show yet.

Defuser

I wonder if we'll get both the male and female Violet.

Torin. Tommy. I mean it's close enough, right? They both begin with T. Someone call Jason.
Begins with a letter T eh? Alright then.... T.J as the Silver Ranger lol. Judging by his body seen in the legendary ranger photo shot it's probably good enough to pass off the Silver ranger's flabby body lol.

Top Bottom