• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

I'm gonna go with this.

Yep.

We’ve been asked some questions about what types of relationships the PC might have with their companions. Our position is this: adhering to our four pillars, we are going to craft nontraditional, complex, and believable characters. We are going to develop the companions with enough depth that we understand their motivations and personality. And then we will write them to respond appropriately to the situations they encounter. Love, which comes in many forms, is certainly relevant when exploring themes of legacy, abandonment, and mystery – and we expect to explore this emotion in ways that fits the story and characters. Meaningful friendships, even feelings of affection, will be possible, but relationships of the flesh would be inconsistent with our narrative.

Basically, no sex-scenes.
Just like in Planescape Torment.

I approve :D

Lime

Art without logos for those who didn't see the last update:

tbloom-nl-1920x1080szj6w.jpg

tcliff-nl-1920x10807ak6p.jpg

2.5 has been achieved with paypal as their stretch goal is already updated.

Ah, good stuff.
I hope they'll hold off the next stretch goals until they hit 3 million.
They can always post some more art work to capture some more contributors.

Also, trab is the top poster in the thread.

The mobious stuff is really nice, wouldn't at all mind them borrowing a bit of that.

Looks like they are going with smaller stretch goals post 3-million according to the latest update, so that's always good.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
What's the party size going to be? I'd like it as big as possible so I won't miss content. Like, I hate how Dragon Age: Origins had lots of interesting banter but because of the small character limit would only play like 5% of it per playthrough.

What's the party size going to be? I'd like it as big as possible so I won't miss content. Like, I hate how Dragon Age: Origins had lots of interesting banter but because of the small character limit would only play like 5% of it per playthrough.

Well, with a smaller party size (and a lot of companions) you've got increased replayability.
While I am a bit of a completionist, I like the notion of a big enough game where I find 20% "new" stuff for a two-three playthroughs.

Mashing

I'm thinking pretty small 3-4.

Dennis

Banned
For those just joining us: the most recent update reveals that not only will there be no romances of the fleshy kind, there will also not be any multiplayer.

Yes, I too am considering reducing my pledge.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Forcing every party member to have a romance option is just as dumb as committing to the idea of no romance/sex at all. Love and sex are undeniably important and powerful factors in people's lives and to avoid it is to castrate a part of every character.

But I don't really need actual sex scenes in my rpgs. Primarily because I'm unconvinced a good one could actually be made and attempts to do so are comical rather than sexy. At least with today's technology.

FACE

Banned
For those just joining us: the most recent update reveals that not only will there be no romances of the fleshy kind, there will also not be any multiplayer.

Yes, I too am considering reducing my pledge.

Time to increase my pledge.

bidaum

PE did stretch goals the best. They had them in smaller increments. Then a few really big ones to create a final push.
I really liked the endless dungeon. Sounds like Torment is doing something similar with the Castoff's Labyrinth, but no graphic and quickly achievable levels.

Top Bottom