• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Really, nothing is going to be built for 4 years, and they'll just end up filling in the 10% of the Eglinton LRT they do end up digging, and transit will be set back another 10 years in the city that's already behind a decade.

And wasn't she hand picked by Ford himself? lol ridiculous.

Yep. Mayor picks the TTC Chair, and can dismiss them whenever he pleases. He must be steaming that she's started to take a stand against him.

Really, nothing is going to be built for 4 years, and they'll just end up filling in the 10% of the Eglinton LRT they do end up digging, and transit will be set back another 10 years in the city that's already behind a decade.

Yeah. I was kind of hoping everyone would just back off on this at least to get Eglinton built. Everyone knows Ford's plan is idiotic but fighting it is just going to waste years so that we get nothing instead of something.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yeah. I was kind of hoping everyone would just back off on this at least to get Eglinton built. Everyone knows Ford's plan is idiotic but fighting it is just going to waste years so that we get nothing instead of something.

It seems weird that it's taken her so long to take this stance, but maybe she was afraid to speak out originally. I blame the Province quite a bit too. They should have fought to keep Transit City alive, instead of just bending to Ford's will (when he clearly has no idea about transit, or building a livable city when he treats it like a business).

My girlfriend works for the provincial government and has frequently said how much of a bunch of morons KPMG are.

Given the last two reports released from the KPMG for the city, I'd say they just write up whatever the person paying for the report wants, rather than perform actual research.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
In my naivety, I hoped that they would finish with the LRT while I was still living in Scarborough. Welp, in a bit over a year I'm planning on moving near the downtown core... so... thems the breaks. Hopefully it'll be finished before I die so I can use it to visit my mom.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Eglinton LRT would effect me personally very little. I don't see myself living along Eglinton again (although I have before!), but I see the benefit of it for the city. Way too many people can only think of how it would benefit them, and if you're investing in a section of the city they don't visit, well, to hell with it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Given the last two reports released from the KPMG for the city, I'd say they just write up whatever the person paying for the report wants, rather than perform actual research.

Makes me feel kind of guilty for watching Dragon's Den.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Eglinton LRT would effect me personally very little. I don't see myself living along Eglinton again (although I have before!), but I see the benefit of it for the city. Way too many people can only think of how it would benefit them, and if you're investing in a section of the city they don't visit, well, to hell with it.

I think after experiencing transit on eglinton for so long, I will never forget.

GAF - I have a new girlfriend and we've been staying in a lot the last little while, or going to parties - we haven't been on a one on one date in like 3 weeks.

Recommend me somewhere nice and cheap that I probably haven't been! Something extremely unique would be ideal.

StevieP

Banned
I think after experiencing transit on eglinton for so long, I will never forget.

GAF - I have a new girlfriend and we've been staying in a lot the last little while, or going to parties - we haven't been on a one on one date in like 3 weeks.

Recommend me somewhere nice and cheap that I probably haven't been! Something extremely unique would be ideal.

Brass Rail

Roto13

Zanzibar

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Come on guys, he wants class. And when you want class, you go to Jilly's.

ZLBJt.jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I hate everyone. Also, I've been to Zanzibar once for my roommates birthday like... 6 years ago. I've never felt so awkward in my entire life, strip clubs are scary.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Sorry, Kinitari. It's tough for me to recommend too many places for a date. My wife and I always eat at the most casual of places, so I'm not sure if anything would fit. Ever tried Pizza Libretto at Dundas and Ossington? Pretty friendly, casual and you should shell out less than $50 for the meal.

Flash

Sorry, Kinitari. It's tough for me to recommend too many places for a date. My wife and I always eat at the most casual of places, so I'm not sure if anything would fit. Ever tried Pizza Libretto at Dundas and Ossington? Pretty friendly, casual and you should shell out less than $50 for the meal.

Piola is pretty good as well. It's similar to Libretto but it isn't as popular so you won't have to wait to be seated at busy times.

It just recently opened, its a pizza chain from Italy or something and its located near Liberty Village (around Gladstone and Queen).

Any recommendations on where to go for dinner on Valentines? Preferably not too expensive either seeing I'm a broke ass student.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Piola is pretty good as well. It's similar to Libretto but it isn't as popular so you won't have to wait to be seated at busy times.

It just recently opened, its a pizza chain from Italy or something and its located near Liberty Village (around Gladstone and Queen).

Any recommendations on where to go for dinner on Valentines? Preferably not too expensive either seeing I'm a broke ass student.

Ah, in the new building. I'll have to check this out. It's actually far easier to access than Libretto for us coming from High Park on the 501. Thanks for the heads up.

Divvy

Go to the Corned Beef House then go see a show at Second City. Not an expensive way to spend a night.

Woodlot is incredible atmosphere and food. It's fancy food with a casual feel in the place. It's not that cheap though so check to make sure the prices are ok for you first if you go.

Dies Iræ

Is Toronto GAF the only city with a consistent OP? It's nuts how many posters come from the GTA / study at UofT. Why is this?? [I'm in TO, btw]

Spl1nter

Dies Iræ;34788021 said:
Is Toronto GAF the only city with a consistent OP? It's nuts how many posters come from the GTA / study at UofT. Why is this?? [I'm in TO, btw]

LA/NY now have threads as well. Dont know of any other cities.

Dies Iræ;34788021 said:

Because we're the center of the universe.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Dies Iræ;34788021 said:

Toronto-Age was originally created because of the volume of people from in and around the city responding in a bunch of threads, notably the CRTC, garbage strike and election threads. Toronto definitely has one of the largest, if not the largest userbase on GAF.

Chicago, New York and LA all have new threads. Vancouver has had a thread from around the same time as the original Toronto-Age.

But we'll be here long after the rest have come and gone. We are the centre of the universe, after all.

Spl1nter

Toronto-Age was originally created because of the volume of people from in and around the city responding in a bunch of threads, notably the CRTC, garbage strike and election threads. Toronto definitely has one of the largest, if not the largest userbase on GAF.

Chicago, New York and LA all have new threads. Vancouver has had a thread from around the same time as the original Toronto-Age.

But we'll be here long after the rest have come and gone. We are the centre of the universe, after all.

and we have rob ford for another 1032 days!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Dies Iræ;34788021 said:
It's because EM is keeping it alive with his blood, sweat, tears, and some other sticky white substance...

GLUE!

I MEANT GLUE!

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Hahaha the Vancouver OT was such a sad thread, it died before it ever truly lived. RIP.

Now a bunch of other city threads are popping up every day, we're the OG's, though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like I'm going to that Guu restaurant tomorrow night. My buddy recommended to go to the one on Bloor instead of the Church one as it isn't as "busy".

Wish me luck!

whitehawk

Banned
I can't wait for it. I bought a 2012 season pass last year because I knew I would be going to wonderland at least a few times for it.

Divvy

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/fan-ex...d-jason-mewes-take-over-fan-expo-canada-2012/

So, Fan Expo just announced that Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes are going to be at Fan Expo with a live performance on August 24 (Friday).

Any Gaffers going to Fan Expo this year, and would anyone be interested in checking out Jay and Silent Bob Get Old on August 24?

Oh nice! First Patrict Stewart, now Kevin Smith. That's going to be a blast.

Looks like I'm going to that Guu restaurant tomorrow night. My buddy recommended to go to the one on Bloor instead of the Church one as it isn't as "busy".

Wish me luck!

Have fun! Guu is great!

daemonic

Banned

Wish me luck!

Have a good time! It's usually not as busy because the service/atmosphere isn't as good as the one on Church. Either way, the food should still be great.

What's the best way to get a Wonderland season pass?
I noticed they had it on sale for ($64.99, +1 free admission in 2011) last August.

Will they have any more sale? Or do I have to pay regular price now?

I tried to resist posting in the US vs Canada thread, but I couldn't help it. ;_;

I usually never post in any thread besides this one or pinball ones but you inspired me to say something. I figured I should since my wife moved here from the States.

The Canada vs US arguments are silly. It really depends where you are. I'd rather live in Toronto than the States but I would rather live in New York than Halifax... so it really just depends...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I usually never post in any thread besides this one or pinball ones but you inspired me to say something. I figured I should since my wife moved here from the States.

The Canada vs US arguments are silly. It really depends where you are. I'd rather live in Toronto than the States but I would rather live in New York than Halifax... so it really just depends...

It's more silly to me, because people for the most part don't have a choice. You can't just pack up from a random country and move to either place without a lot of work. And of course, you have the very American mentality in those threads that 'US is the greatest, Canada just has free health care!', or making claims like only the poor should move to Canada. lol.

But personally, I'll never live in the US again, even though there are a lot of great cities there. Thankfully, I'm not forced to live in Halifax though. :p

But personally, I'll never live in the US again, even though there are a lot of great cities there. Thankfully, I'm not forced to live in Halifax though. :p

Yeah. When my relationship got very serious and we noticed one of us would have to move to continue being together, I'm surprised how easy the decision was for us on where to live.
She saw a lot of pluses for moving to Toronto and I couldn't see any for me to move to New York. So we came to that decision in just two days that we she would move here. It couldn't have worked out better for us! :)

or making claims like only the poor should move to Canada. lol.

What an odd thing to say since at least at this moment, poverty seems much more rampant in the US.

Top Bottom