• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Roto13

Game Centre on Yonge and Charles moved next door. It's basically the same layout as their old store, only bigger and mirrored. And no more fucking stairs.

Game Centre on Yonge and Charles moved next door. It's basically the same layout as their old store, only bigger and mirrored. And no more fucking stairs.

Oh shit! Must check this out. So glad the stairs are gone. A & C Games needs a bigger location too.

I'm beginning to think the pro-subway councillors and advocates are also paying credit card debt with other credit cards. I've been willing to hear Ford out if he had an actual plan, but his Field of Dreams plan is absolutely the funniest and saddest thing he's ever come up with.

Presco

I went on a business trip to Israel and everyone I was with voted for Rob Ford. Jerusalem has a really good above ground LRT system. Looked beautiful and they did a great job of weaving it throughout the city.

Also, anyone know the best deal I can get for a flight to New York on the weekend of April 6th? I assume Porter or West Jet but is there a place to go for special deals?

Thanks.

Check American Airlines. I recently booked 2 round trip tickets from Pearson to JFK for $400 total for a summer trip for me and the wife. I couldn't believe the price. I have a friend who flew Porter to New York around Christmas during one of the 50% off deals and it was still $750 for two tickets.

Check American Airlines. I recently booked 2 round trip tickets from Pearson to JFK for $400 total for a summer trip for me and the wife. I couldn't believe the price. I have a friend who flew Porter to New York around Christmas during one of the 50% off deals and it was still $750 for two tickets.

Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look.

ZZMitch

Holy crap is it hot. I had to run across campus (UofT) to get my lab passed in before it was late. I got there with seconds to spare (Fuck yeah), but now I am sweaty and gross for my tutorial. Oh well, at least I didn't lose marks!!!1!

Holy crap is it hot. I had to run across campus (UofT) to get my lab passed in before it was late. I got there with seconds to spare (Fuck yeah), but now I am sweaty and gross for my tutorial. Oh well, at least I didn't lose marks!!!1!

Don't worry, humidity will make it 10C hotter tomorrow.
And Thursday.

Magnus

Is there a Starbucks in town with halfway decent wifi? Holy shit. Every one I've tried crawls and forget about streaming even an SD YouTube vid; you spend 2-5x as long waiting for the vid as you do watching it.

Is there a Starbucks in town with halfway decent wifi? Holy shit. Every one I've tried crawls and forget about streaming even an SD YouTube vid; you spend 2-5x as long waiting for the vid as you do watching it.

For free wifi, they've suited my purposes just fine.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Interesting article from Blogto stating that if taxes and tolls are on the table, we should stop talking about the sheppard extension and talk about a downtown relief line instead.

iFIXPLOwxlzRF.png

http://www.blogto.com/city/2012/03/whatever_you_do_dont_say_downtown_relief_line/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
City was so weird today. Downtown, it was like the middle of May, low 20s and lovely. As the streetcar heads out toward Roncesvalles, the fog sets in and by the time you're going by High Park, you can't see more than thirty feet in any direction and it feels like you're at the coast.

Roto13

City was so weird today. Downtown, it was like the middle of May, low 20s and lovely. As the streetcar heads out toward Roncesvalles, the fog sets in and by the time you're going by High Park, you can't see more than thirty feet in any direction and it feels like you're at the coast.

Husband said it was super foggy downtown when he was walking to work this morning.

Magnus

For free wifi, they've suited my purposes just fine.

Haha, the hell if I'm going to pay for good wifi if I'm already a customer in the place. But yeah, I suppose it gets the job done in a clutch. I'm trying to upload some photos to FB, send/receive emails, have about 3 tabs open in a browser and occasionally follow a link to a YouTube vid. That's just way too much to handle for the bandwidth I guess, which sucks because I really like getting out of the house to work here with coffee on my days off.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Haha, the hell if I'm going to pay for good wifi if I'm already a customer in the place. But yeah, I suppose it gets the job done in a clutch. I'm trying to upload some photos to FB, send/receive emails, have about 3 tabs open in a browser and occasionally follow a link to a YouTube vid. That's just way too much to handle for the bandwidth I guess, which sucks because I really like getting out of the house to work here with coffee on my days off.

Upload speeds on most of those shared connections are going to be terrible. For just basic web browsing and chatting, it should do fine though. Just leave the heavy lifting like uploading large photos at home.

Weather was gross today. I got on the bus while it was foggy and cold, but the temperature shot up 17 degrees when the sun rose and I was stuck walking around with my jacket and sweater in hand. Is it too much to ask for constant 10-15 degree weather?

Weather was gross today. I got on the bus while it was foggy and cold, but the temperature shot up 17 degrees when the sun rose and I was stuck walking around with my jacket and sweater in hand. Is it too much to ask for constant 10-15 degree weather?

Sure, it's all yours. In North Carolina.

cbox

I'm only enjoying this weather for the fact that I've been on my bike every night since it was warm enough, training for my huge ride in June. Otherwise, it can stay cold :D

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I guess the 'no stairs' is an improvement. I'll be excited to see how the new Game Centre looks in the end. I don't like how they're double stacking DS games now, even if the ones on the bottom are generally terrible. I do wish the store would carry a wider (they barely have any) selection of toys, plushies and imported goodies. But for standard gaming, still the best value in the city.

Now if only A&C Games could move into some place half as big.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only enjoying this weather for the fact that I've been on my bike every night since it was warm enough, training for my huge ride in June. Otherwise, it can stay cold :D

My only problem with it is that there isn't any shade on my bike route up to school yet. No leaves. :(

Divvy

The worst part for me is in the afternoon when the sun is directly facing my office window. Brings the temperature of my room to 30 degrees, and the building hasn't turned on the AC yet.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I bought a snazzy new spring jacket, so while I hope weather stays warm, a part of me wants at least a week or two of cool temps. No lower than 5c though. I eventually want every day to be 25c.

Divvy

I have been watching it all day. It has been a most infuriating day.

Also, what a terrible day for those Thai politicians to come and observe council.

Divvy

Did anyone else see Stintz shooting verbal smackdowns across the council room earlier. That was pretty great.

Top Bottom