• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Ugh, why do we go through this song and dance every time. Just do the vote, these stupid speeches and leading questions are 100% pointless.

Also Nunziata is a salty bitch.

Magnus

I wish I gave the slightest shit about Toronto politics. Never seem to know what's going on.

Also, Big Smoke Burger and Burger's Priest, the two most frequently cited 'best burgers in the city' by my friends, were both abysmal experiences. Big Smoke(Eaton Centre) was staffed by children that just didn't give a fuck. Slow, terrible service. My burger was red and underdone, the toppings weren't fresh or tasty (borderline white tomato) and the bread practically soggy. Priest was overpriced, unbelievably average, left me with a shitty aftertaste and stomach heaviness, and the cashier laughed at me when I asked about secret menu items that I'd heard about from others in line. What a great way to treat your newest customer.

Both joints can go fuck themselves. Fucking McDonald's seriously has better taste and service. The next time I drop $10+ for a burger it'll be for a delicious Bull Burger at the Black Bull patio this summer. Still the best I've had in town.

Edit-let me add, Priest's fries were fucking disgusting. Oily, oversalted bullshit. Bull's sweet potato fries are heavenly.

I wish I gave the slightest shit about Toronto politics. Never seem to know what's going on.

Also, Big Smoke Burger and Burger's Priest, the two most frequently cited 'best burgers in the city' by my friends, were both abysmal experiences. Big Smoke(Eaton Centre) was staffed by children that just didn't give a fuck. Slow, terrible service. My burger was red and underdone, the toppings weren't fresh or tasty (borderline white tomato) and the bread practically soggy. Priest was overpriced, unbelievably average, left me with a shitty aftertaste and stomach heaviness, and the cashier laughed at me when I asked about secret menu items that I'd heard about from others in line. What a great way to treat your newest customer.

Both joints can go fuck themselves. Fucking McDonald's seriously has better taste and service. The next time I drop $10+ for a burger it'll be for a delicious Bull Burger at the Black Bull patio this summer. Still the best I've had in town.

If you ever venture up to Yonge and Steeles go to Goldstar, best burgers in Vaughan

FairyD

Jumbo Burger at Dundas and Runnymede has really good burgers as well.

There is also a place next to velvet underground on queen street that has good burgers as well.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Ol' Craft Burger on King St W was okay, but it was expensive for the quality of burger. Not sure about the Eaton's location. But agreeing on Burger's Priest. Pretty terrible for the size of the burger, the soggy small pack of fries and the grumpy staff. But people line up for things like Burrito Boyz too. No opinion can be trusted. :p

And yes, I don't like the trend of $10-15 burgers in the city. Burger Shoppe on the east end is still our favorite, but it's out of the way for us most times. BQM on Queen W is okay, but it's expensive and not the same quality.

Jumbo Burger at Dundas and Runnymede has really good burgers as well.

There is also a place next to velvet underground on queen street that has good burgers as well.

Pretty close to us, but we've never tried it. Might drop by on the weekend.

I'm not watching the video stream, but the live coverage I've been reading seems to show that the right wing of council is slowly losing (even more of) their minds today.

Edit-let me add, Priest's fries were fucking disgusting. Oily, oversalted bullshit. Bull's sweet potato fries are heavenly.

Always be wary of peoples opinion when it comes to expensive or above market products. Almost everyone feels the need to justify the money they spend and don't want to feel like an idiot, especially if they're a repeat customer.

Ol' Craft Burger on King St W was okay, but it was expensive for the quality of burger. Not sure about the Eaton's location. But agreeing on Burger's Priest. Pretty terrible for the size of the burger, the soggy small pack of fries and the grumpy staff. But people line up for things like Burrito Boyz too. No opinion can be trusted. :p

And yes, I don't like the trend of $10-15 burgers in the city. Burger Shoppe on the east end is still our favorite, but it's out of the way for us most times. BQM on Queen W is okay, but it's expensive and not the same quality.

Pretty close to us, but we've never tried it. Might drop by on the weekend.

Craft/Big Smoke is so overrated it's scary. I also find BQM burgers really small and bland.

Best burgers in the Downtown/West area are:
Murrays (Queen/Spadina)
Gourmet Burger Co. (Adelaide/University-ish)
The Thompson Diner (King/Bathurst)

Rinoa

I like McDonalds. I hate paying for stuff that costs "more than a McDs combo".

I hate Mammoliti's everything. I love seeing him get owned. Did he bring his family in? Who are the asshats clapping for him?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Craft/Big Smoke is so overrated it's scary. I also find BQM burgers really small and bland.

Best burgers in the Downtown/West area are:
Murrays (Queen/Spadina)
Gourmet Burger Co. (Adelaide/University-ish)
The Thompson Diner (King/Bathurst)
When I was working at Humber College a few years ago the super of the job took us all to Royal Meat on Kipling and N Queen. It wasn't bad at all but after eating a 1lb burger and sweet potato fries there was no way in hell I was doing anything the rest of the afternoon. If you guys ever come up to Scarborough then definitely check out Johnny's on Victoria Park and Sheppard.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I like McDonalds. I hate paying for stuff that costs "more than a McDs combo".

I hate Mammoliti's everything. I love seeing him get owned. Did he bring his family in? Who are the asshats clapping for him?

I can't eat beef at McDonalds anymore, but the chicken goes down alright. They also have better 'low end' coffee than Tim's, and the coffee + muffin is like a dollar cheaper than Tim's.

Divvy

The only thing I eat at Mcdonald's anymore is chicken mcnuggets and stealing the occasional french fry. That being said, I haven't gone to one in like two years.

Fuzzy

Little Ford looks like he wants to knock out Cho.

Cho to D.Ford: "Why do you keep saying streetcar? Do you have an English problem like me?" :lol

Quick

Banned
Has anyone been receiving phone calls from Las Vegas? I've gotten three calls in the span of a month, and a voice message was left on my phone on the one time. It's one of those scam trips that I "won", or something along those lines. I'm assuming the other two are the same as well.

Fuzzy

Has anyone been receiving phone calls from Las Vegas? I've gotten three calls in the span of a month, and a voice message was left on my phone on the one time. It's one of those scam trips that I "won", or something along those lines. I'm assuming the other two are the same as well.
No but I did get a random text saying that I won $275K today.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I've gotten a lot of debt management messages all of a sudden. o_O

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Little Ford looks like he wants to knock out Cho.

Cho to D.Ford: "Why do you keep saying streetcar? Do you have an English problem like me?" :lol

Cho is amazing. He just opened a Twitter account.

The only spam calls I get are from our bank. Thankfully.

Yes (on my cell). I don't pick up.

What a fucking disaster this meeting is. Ford cronies line up with bullshit motions and keep asking stupid questions just to stall the entire process, and now Ford wants to move the entire thing to April.

Divvy

I can't believe they pulled a filibuster on a freaking municipal issue.

Ugh, going to have to sit through more of this crap tomorrow.

Gin

toronto weather is really worrying me.

the weather is pretty nice now.. but what's gonna happen in summer?

outside is gonna turn into a freaking oven :(

Rinoa

Guess I never really want burgers, even during bbqs I go for stuff like wings and shishkebabs.

Ford and Mammolliti are acting like bitchy kids who have tantrums whenever they don't get their way and nobody agrees with them. Instead of letting the city move on they're going to ~stick to their guns~ out of ego.

Divvy

Part of me has a bad feeling they're going to get their way, and as a result we'll end up getting nothing again.

Well let's hope not. It's the dumbest debate so far. If this hadn't become a political issue all of this crap would have passed without a second glance. Now we have conservative councillors putting every possible conceivable tax forward as options like some sort of bizarro city council spectacle as if we were to believe that any of them gave a crap about this. The progressives are also in opposite land, but their arguments at least are based on facts and not shitty lying pamphlets.

And now there are people using tonight's incident (some cyclist ran a red light and got killed by a streetcar on St. Clair) as a political tool to argue against the LRT.

Roto13

toronto weather is really worrying me.

the weather is pretty nice now.. but what's gonna happen in summer?

outside is gonna turn into a freaking oven :(

Don't worry! Ovens are dry! It will almost certainly be 40 degrees and humid.

And now there are people using tonight's incident (some cyclist ran a red light and got killed by a streetcar on St. Clair) as a political tool to argue against the LRT.

And how many idiots jump in front of a subway each year?

At least 25, from what I have heard in the past.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well let's hope not. It's the dumbest debate so far. If this hadn't become a political issue all of this crap would have passed without a second glance. Now we have conservative councillors putting every possible conceivable tax forward as options like some sort of bizarro city council spectacle as if we were to believe that any of them gave a crap about this. The progressives are also in opposite land, but their arguments at least are based on facts and not shitty lying pamphlets.

I wonder how many drivers, pedestrians and cyclist are killed by cars every year. OUTLAW CARS

Black-Box

is getting a subway like sex for Rob ford? like he REALLY wants it, like I wonder if he would risk people lives to get a subway.

but now I am sure, more people are going to vote LRT just because of how Ford is acting like a big baby

Fuzzy

And how many idiots jump in front of a subway each year?

At least 25, from what I have heard in the past.
20091126-sucidestats.jpg

http://www.blogto.com/city/2009/11/ttc_releases_suicide_statistics/

ZZMitch

I get a call from some random scam thing that claims I won a free cruise about once a week. I don't have caller ID so I has a no way of knowing...

I went to my Great Grandmother's funeral yesterday. She was 102 when she died. I was trying to picture what the streets of Toronto looked like when she was in her 20s.
R.I.P.

Toronto photo of the day:

6853676082_c4e58744af_b.jpg

Divvy

I went to my Great Grandmother's funeral yesterday. She was 102 when she died. I was trying to picture what the streets of Toronto looked like when she was in her 20s.
R.I.P.

Ah, my condolences.

I was chatting with Rick Halern at the Gwailo dinner last week and we were talking about the ridiculous growth Toronto experienced in the last few decades. He was talking about how when he was younger, Buffalo was the "Big City" and how it dwarfed Toronto. Now even Mississauga is bigger than Buffalo.

Top Bottom