• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

zorbsie

Used to go to Dangerous Dan's but I got food poisoning there once and have never gone back. Well, at least not for burgers. They do make a great shake.

83jOk.png

Shit, we might have a seasonal day? :eek:

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not saying square boys or licks is bad. But > burger priest is stretching it. I'm not taking cost into account just how it tastes. Granted I haven't been to wimpys and haven't been to licks in awhile though.

I also go to square a lot but yeah only for souvlaki on a bun.

Burger wars 2012 ! >:[

How the west was won. (I actually really like that Toronto Community Housing building that is almost complete in this photo)

Toronto photo of the day:

6848413138_5b1caff713_b.jpg

Magnus

Had a Bull burger yesterday on the Bull's patio with a friend. Just as awesome as I remember. Totally washed out the taste of all the gourmet bullshit I tried over the winter.

And yeah, South St.'s great too.

John Blade

Do anyone try out Village Idiot Pub at 126 McCaul Street? My friend and I are deciding if we should meet up there to have a meal and a drink there and was wondering if anyone went to this pub.

Do anyone try out Village Idiot Pub at 126 McCaul Street? My friend and I are deciding if we should meet up there to have a meal and a drink there and was wondering if anyone went to this pub.

I've been to Sin and Redemption next door which has an awesome beer menu and good food........I've heard that Village Idiot is about the same.........both places are owned by a divorced couple I think

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Can some one show me picture of how the lrt will look? Will it be similar type of what we have.?

guGn5.jpg

Evw4B.jpg

Notably, there will no longer be steps up like we have on the streetcar. The LRTs sit much lower. They are double ended as well, which means no more loops. They're nearly twice as long as the current streetcars as well.

This is an actual version of the car, currently run in Stockholm

Jmgab.jpg

guGn5.jpg

Evw4B.jpg

Notably, there will no longer be steps up like we have on the streetcar. The LRTs sit much lower. They are double ended as well, which means no more loops. They're nearly twice as long as the current streetcars as well.

This is an actual version of the car, currently run in Stockholm

Jmgab.jpg

trafficccccccccccccc jamsssssssssssssssssss. Unless it is like Scarborough lrt. away from everything else.

Buddy and his wife want to return to the Hell that is FanExpo.

I might tag along just to visit civilization again. F*ck that god awful nerd pile. Just be a tourist in the city. Also beat up my stupid SF4 loving Canadian friend in 3S. >:D

grumble

Those LRTs aren't going to be worth a damn unless they get dedicated lanes. It's almost worth just not spending on anything for several years and saving up.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
trafficccccccccccccc jamsssssssssssssssssss. Unless it is like Scarborough lrt. away from everything else.

Right of ways. Blame the streetcars on Queen if you want (but it would be a bottlenecked mess of a road during rush hour regardless), but the Spadina streetcar does not cause Spadina's traffic headaches. All the planned lines on Transit City had right of ways for the streetcar, so at most you're looking at another seven to eight seconds of turning traffic waiting on the streetcar to go through. This is not Mississauga, and we are not blessed with city streets that look like raceways, and we should build a sustainable, livable city. If yelling trrrraffic jams in the face of all data supporting the use of mass transit not causing anymore delays, you might as well be named Rob Ford.

It's hilarious that people will blame a streetcar for holding them up, when traffic in front of the streetcar is backed up and at a stand still.

Flash

those LRTs could make the city look beautiful. if only we could discourage people from using cars and using TTC instead... but too bad TTC sucks/is severely underfunded. Raising fairs and reducing service to decrease rider ship is hilariously bad and ridiculously when you think about it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Uhhh, it's in its own lane. It's not going to be blocking anything behind it when people get on or off.

those LRTs could make the city look beautiful. if only we could discourage people from using cars and using TTC instead... but too bad TTC sucks/is severely underfunded. Raising fairs and reducing service to decrease rider ship is hilariously bad and ridiculously when you think about it.
They want to reduce ridership. They have waaay to many people using it right now.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

I don't know how one vehicle, even as large as that, can cause a traffic jam alone on Eglinton. First of all, where I live now (eglinton past kennedy station) you don't really get traffic jams ever. Ever ever ever. Adding a car into the mix won't change that. Secondly, an LRT car is equivalent to what... 15 cars in length, at most? How is that going to significantly be a hindrance on a road, when there are a couple of those, and literally thousands of cars?

edit: They're getting their own lanes? Even less of an issue.

Flash

They want to reduce ridership. They have waaay to many people using it right now.

I know that. That doesn't make it any less ridiculous to me though.

I do understand its not really the fault of the TTC, but I mean the city/province government should take notice so do something about the funding. A huge city like Toronto should NEVER discourage people from taking public transit.

Divvy

I know that. That doesn't make it any less ridiculous to me though.

I do understand its not really the fault of the TTC, but I mean the city/province government should take notice so do something about the funding. A huge city like Toronto should NEVER discourage people from taking public transit.

Well we're stuck in a position were we're not getting much funding from the province and none from federal unlike other major cities. It's a shitty situation and almost everyone is to blame.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Well we're stuck in a position were we're not getting much funding from the province and none from federal unlike other major cities. It's a shitty situation and almost everyone is to blame.

As soon as we get funding, with Ford in office, he will say "look, I got us the money like I promised, subways".

I don't know how one vehicle, even as large as that, can cause a traffic jam alone on Eglinton. First of all, where I live now (eglinton past kennedy station) you don't really get traffic jams ever. Ever ever ever. Adding a car into the mix won't change that. Secondly, an LRT car is equivalent to what... 15 cars in length, at most? How is that going to significantly be a hindrance on a road, when there are a couple of those, and literally thousands of cars?

edit: They're getting their own lanes? Even less of an issue.

But, but... STREETCARS!

The mass spread of misinformation, with politicians and certain segments of the media deliberately calling them streetcars, has really poisoned the public view of LRT. The TTC itself did a horrible job of promoting them.

Also, all the parked cars along narrow Queen Street block way more traffic than a moving vehicle like a streetcar ever could.

Divvy

As soon as we get funding, with Ford in office, he will say "look, I got us the money like I promised, subways".

You know what's so sad about this whole debacle? If he had focused on the downtown relief line instead of that puny Scarborough line, he could have fullfilled his subways "mandate" and pretty much everyone would have supported him.

Nos_G

Burgers?

If you feel like hitting up the west end, get out at Runnymede Station and head over to the Yellow Griffin.

Check out their menu

It takes 20 mins for the burger to arrive, but it's worth the wait.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Burgers?

If you feel like hitting up the west end, get out at Runnymede Station and head over to the Yellow Griffin.

Check out their menu

It takes 20 mins for the burger to arrive, but it's worth the wait.

I like Yellow Griffin, but it's very hit, or miss for me. I guess it depends on who's in the kitchen, but sometimes the burgers come out very plain.. and very little fries, or onion rings.. and then sometimes, the burgers are just covered in sides and condiments, and fries take up 80% of the plate. Worth trying though.

Nos_G

My goal is to try each burger at least once, but I have to agree with the inconsistency.

Usually the sides don't get finished anyway, however, the burgers are still worth the trip.

Quadratic

So tomorrow will be another MLG barcraft at Victory Cafe. Any gaffers planning on going? I have plans for the evening but I can stay until 6ish.

Since everyone is talking burgers, I will throw my 2 cents in.
My favourite burger is at Burger Bar at College and Augusta. They have a burger made of lamb with kimchi and blue cheese on it. So fucking good.
They also serve a saag poutine (like poutine mixed with indian food) that my wife swears by. Their salads are excellent as well and they have amazing beer selection.
Basically, go there.

Went to a place called Superburger today.

Outside of Shelburne.

Burgers were a little thin, but man, those onion rings...hand-breaded, doughy and just the right amount of onion and deep-fry. MMMM.

Willectro

Banned
Dangerous Dan's is good if you're in the mood for trash. Their website is eerily prescient as they rate the best menu items with pot leafs, and their food is pretty much only palatable when you're stoned.

That is a bit of a stretch. While some of their more heart attack inducing burgers are a little much if you aren't ripped, their burgers or cheeseburgers are pretty decent. Not something I would have more than once or twice a year though.

And if you are munchin out and need some burgers delivered... this is the place.

Went to a place called Superburger today.

Outside of Shelburne.

Burgers were a little thin, but man, those onion rings...hand-breaded, doughy and just the right amount of onion and deep-fry. MMMM.

Haha I love that you mentioned this. My wife and I eat there on the way to the cottage. very charcoal-y burgers which i enjoy, but you're totally right, the onion rings are like savory donuts.

I didn't even know Mark McEwan opened a grocery store in Toronto until I watched the last Top Chef. Anyone been there?

I have not, but on a recent search for dutch-processed cocoa powder I was referred there.

Notably, by the folks at Pusateri's, who didn't know what dutch-processed cocoa powder was.

Top Bottom