• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

FIbre? Looks like its 250mb down, shiiit:eek:

Looked at my bill, currently getting the 4.00 modem rental for free, the new hardware is 7 or 8 a month, I wonder if they'll let us keep the 4.00 discount

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Can't tell if my Teksavvy speeds have gone up or not. Getting 50~ down, but still a miserable 1 mbps up.

Kunohara

Can't tell if my Teksavvy speeds have gone up or not. Getting 50~ down, but still a miserable 1 mbps up.

Our speeds are going up as well. One of the Teksavvy guys posted about it in the dslreports.com forums. I can't wait. We are finally gonna have really nice uploads.

Divvy

Our speeds are going up as well. One of the Teksavvy guys posted about it in the dslreports.com forums. I can't wait. We are finally gonna have really nice uploads.

Oh yeah, I know that they're planning on it, just didn't know if it happened yet or not.

cbox

any idea when and to what? I just upgraded to 15mbps and it's amazinnggggg. Though the upload still sucks :| Uploading huge files to dropbox takes way too long.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
FYI, free haddock and chips all day at The One That Got Away (King & Portland).

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/da...h&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=further-dish

iMenmnjnhKZ0A.png

Teksavvy has to wait for CRTC to enforce it because Rogers is pretty much cheating wholesalers out of the speed upgrades at the moment. It'll come sooner or later though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf I need to switch back. Acanac has terrible customer service and I get an extra bit of unasked for ping on top of that.

I might as well cancel now...gods know how long I'll be on hold with those guys...

Roto13

Wtf I need to switch back. Acanac has terrible customer service and I get an extra bit of unasked for ping on top of that.

I might as well cancel now...gods know how long I'll be on hold with those guys...

You mean cancelling your TekSavvy internet in a fit of rage when Rogers was screwing everything up wasn't the right decision????

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You mean cancelling your TekSavvy internet in a fit of rage when Rogers was screwing everything up wasn't the right decision????
You mean they didn't escalate and kept me hanging for a month with no resolution and even denying a problem existed in the first place????? I never got money back for that month I lost. See how long you go with Internet before the sarcasm.

Quadratic

It'll be a nice place to take a date. It won't survive down there if it's too overpriced. Probably some decent afterschool specials to attract the kids.

I'm on the Express 14 package from Teksavvy and it says I'm supposed to be getting 14 down and 1 upload. I usually get about 15-20 down and 0.5 up. I only have a docsis 2 modem (RCA 425) so I'm not sure what my ceiling is supposed to be with this modem. Does anyone know if my hardware support the new upgrades for my given plan? What are the limits of docsis 2 in terms of DL/UL speeds? Still uploading after a week all my tunes to google music.

Divvy

New dessert/bbtea hangout in Chinatown, anyone seen it? Looks cute but probably a ripoff.

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/modo-fruit-and-tea-house-toronto
http://forum.yorkbbs.ca/showtopic-2813893.aspx

These places are dime a dozen in Toronto, I've been so so many and have yet to find one that's been amazing.

I'm on the Express 14 package from Teksavvy and it says I'm supposed to be getting 14 down and 1 upload. I usually get about 15-20 down and 0.5 up. I only have a docsis 2 modem (RCA 425) so I'm not sure what my ceiling is supposed to be with this modem. Does anyone know if my hardware support the new upgrades for my given plan? What are the limits of docsis 2 in terms of DL/UL speeds? Still uploading after a week all my tunes to google music.

Sorry, no idea. Maybe ask on dslreports forums.

jokkir

These places are dime a dozen in Toronto, I've been so so many and have yet to find one that's been amazing.

Have you tried Go For Tea in Scarborough? That place is a pretty good chill out spot but the food is kind of meh and a bit expensive. Bubble Tea is nice though and so is the atmosphere. Although, I haven't been to many others to compare

Rinoa

me earlier today: "looks like the wutang clan symbol outside of a new restaurant"

All the other ones near (bbtea hangout places that are aimed at college students) suck, and I haven't stepped into one since I've actually been in college so I wouldn't know. This one seems to be about 'fresh' ingredients, but I am guessing they buy from bakery and prolly have premixed drinks.

Tenren at richmond hill is master race, but then again, it's at richmond hill.

Divvy

Have you tried Go For Tea in Scarborough? That place is a pretty good chill out spot but the food is kind of meh and a bit expensive. Bubble Tea is nice though and so is the atmosphere. Although, I haven't been to many others to compare

Well the atmosphere isn't usually a problem, a lot of places get that right. It's the food that's usually terrible. We're surrounded by these asian dessert/bubble tea/cafe places here in north york and they're all really mediocre. Nobody can make a good waffle!

Rinoa

Well the atmosphere isn't usually a problem, a lot of places get that right. It's the food that's usually terrible. We're surrounded by these asian dessert/bubble tea/cafe places here in north york and they're all really mediocre. Nobody can make a good waffle!

whaaat? Tenren makes the waffle of dreams (TM me since i first went)

pics from various times I've ordered it, I usually get with banana and strawberry cuz it's colourful

There's also a korean dessert/bakery place between christie and bathurst on bloor, forget what it's called but they made this beast

it made this big chill waffle look sad but the big chill has better taste

Divvy

whaaat? Tenren makes the waffle of dreams (TM me since i first went)

pics from various times I've ordered it, I usually get with banana and strawberry cuz it's colourful

There's also a korean dessert/bakery place between christie and bathurst on bloor, forget what it's called but they made this beast

it made this big chill waffle look sad but the big chill has better taste

Hmmm the last time I was at TenRens for real food, it wasn't super good, might have to try it out again. The other pictures look really tasty. Unfortunately the places near me all serve soggy, squishy waffles instead of making them crisp and fresh. I'll have to try that place sometime.

Rinoa

Hmmm the last time I was at TenRens for real food, it wasn't super good, might have to try it out again. The other pictures look really tasty. Unfortunately the places near me all serve soggy, squishy waffles instead of making them crisp and fresh. I'll have to try that place sometime.

That's the problem man, don't eat "real" food at tenren just dessert. Also go on the hours/days where if you get a bbtea the dessert is half price or something. Go nuts!

I want. Is it possibly that cake house there? Or something else? Must find store...

Is that the one orange outside?

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/bnc-cake-house-toronto
ah yep, it was cake house!

Hieberrr

Uh oh!

Look who's losing support from the BEST PAPER IN THE CITY

Yeah Wind has problems penetrating buildings. Hopefully improves over time.
Yeah, no kidding. I was at EXPRESS earlier today and I couldn't call the gf. The call connected, but her voice went in and out on my end and vise versa. Texting was fine but maaaaannn I can see huge problems developing for me if I'm getting this kind of service inside a populated downtown building.

Today, Highland Companies walked away from their bid to build a quarry in Melancthon township, an hour or so northwest of Toronto.

The bid to build the quarry was heavily protested by area farmers, environmentalist Torontonians, and a variety of other folks.

There were concerns that the quarry would disrupt local farm land within the food belt, and that the water table would be compromised given the level of pollution from machinery and blasting equipment required to dig a hole as broad as Toronto and as deep as the CN tower. There were also noise concerns that the blasts would permeate the berms, and that the volume of heavy truck traffic would outweigh the local economic benefits to added activity and construction in the area.

The quarry would have provided the high-quality dolostone needed to build infrastructure such as schools and hospitals and roadways, as well as reduce the need to dig such dolostone out of the Niagara Escarpment.

The land that would have been used for the quarry was owned by Highland and used for potato farming, the vast majority of which was turned into potato chips for shipment to the US.

They were three years into their bid and about eight months away from their presentation to the Ontario Municipal Board. The Ontario Government ordered an EA a year ago, which would have delayed the approvals process further and duplicated many of the steps already taken as part of the Ministry of Natural Resources requirements to submit for approval to the OMB.

Toronto-GAF: thoughts?

Top Bottom