• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

krae_man

EvilMario said:
I don't know, but I love this weather. 10-12c, and a chilly wind.

I like it too, Great leaving the window open in the bedroom at night weather. I like anything that isn't boiling hot or freezing cold.

Roto13

I hope it's still cool when I bet back to Toronto tomorrow. I've been spoiled on awesome western Newfoundland weather for the past two weeks.

Rinoa

Hate sweater weather. Hope it heats up again.

I put down a reservation at l'Auberge du Pommier; reviews put it on par with Canoe and it looks like pretty nice.

I say it's better than Canoe, but I'm biased.

Firestorm

wat

QeyYQ.png

Willectro

Banned
Any one else go to the CNE on Monday? It was good times, air show was awesome.

The TTC was a shit fest though. Holiday Hours are a joke. Less service, but every time I'm on the TTC during a holiday, it's always busy. Wtf?

whitehawk said:
I LOVE THIS WEATHER!!!

Hoodies is where it's at.
wordd, I'm cool with hot ass t-shirt weather but I'm also totally cool with hoody weather.

Man classes starting up for me tomorrow, fuck. It's always hard to get back into the grind after such a long break.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
By the way, per my 'cat story thread'. We have a cat we're looking to adopt out. He's a stray, but well mannered, perfectly litter trained (although he prefers to go outside), even gets along with our large dog reasonably well. If you're looking for a cat, or know someone looking for a young cat (around 1-2 years old), I want to hear from you.

Plus, you'll get to meet me. What an honour!

hEgrR.jpg

will52 said:
Any one else go to the CNE on Monday? It was good times, air show was awesome.

The TTC was a shit fest though. Holiday Hours are a joke. Less service, but every time I'm on the TTC during a holiday, it's always busy. Wtf?
TTC hasn't yet grasped that "holiday" means "more people are going to be going to tourist traps at peak hours". It's only been 35 years. There's hope yet.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Maybe holiday hours made more sense when the city would shut down for a holiday. These days, everything outside of grocery stores, government offices and banks are open. It's not like the TTC would have the foresight to actually increase transit around the CNE, or anything during this time.

EvilMario said:
By the way, per my 'cat story thread'. We have a cat we're looking to adopt out. He's a stray, but well mannered, perfectly litter trained (although he prefers to go outside), even gets along with our large dog reasonably well. If you're looking for a cat, or know someone looking for a young cat (around 1-2 years old), I want to hear from you.

hEgrR.jpg

He's so cute. The scars on his little nose really show that he's been through some tough times. Too bad I cant take him, as Ive got one already. :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck the TTC

And fuck the streetcars

Wife and I went on the first Saturday and we got rerouted and ended up having to walk.

And mario, stop pimping your damn pussy out!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
SpaceBridge said:
He's so cute. The scars on his little nose really show that he's been through some tough times. Too bad I cant take him, as Ive got one already. :(

Indeed. That picture is back when we first picked him out. Most of his scars (around the face, ears, back of the head) have healed up, but he's definitely a 'street cat'. We had a cat growing up that would hunt everything from birds to nasty gophers, and would get into a bunch of cat fights. He was in and out of the vet a bunch.

Even with letting this guy outside during the day, he doesn't seem to be picking up more scars. Maybe now that he's receiving food, he doesn't find the need to fight for garbage outside.

But seriously, if you know someone looking for a cat, this guy is a charmer.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Fuck the TTC

And fuck the streetcars

Wife and I went on the first Saturday and we got rerouted and ended up having to walk.

And mario, stop pimping your damn pussy out!

QYT5v.gif

EvilMario said:

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/hEgrR.jpg[/IMG]

Argh, totally would if I were living in different circumstances :(

explodet said:
Rae Days meant a day off of school for me.
How many people in Toronto-GAF actually remember them?
it was forced unpaid leave for tens of thousands of others.

Just one example of the NDP's ability to dream big but failure to competently manage the books.

explodet said:
Rae Days meant a day off of school for me.
How many people in Toronto-GAF actually remember them?
I remember 'em.

Vote Liberal, because McGuinty may be a weenie, but he isn't that bad, and Hudak is one scary motherfucker. (Harris Pt. 2)

BladeWorker said:

Just one example of the NDP's ability to dream big but failure to competently manage the books.

That one time in Ontario during a recession 20 years ago, sure. The NDP has had a lot more success in other provinces since then.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
As much as I would like to vote NDP. I'm going to have to strategically vote Liberal to minimize the chances of a conservative hat trick.

cbox

lunarworks said:
I remember 'em.

Vote Liberal, because McGuinty may be a weenie, but he isn't that bad, and Hudak is one scary motherfucker. (Harris Pt. 2)

Libs are the only ones that are doing something to make sure our children don't have black lung growing up. Thing is people bitch when you have to raise taxes to pay for cleaner energy...

And I was in highschool when harris was elected, I was part of the 12/13 split and he completely fucked up my career and school prospects at the time, I will never vote conservative.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Man, we finally remove the A/C a couple of days ago, and we can open the windows. But alas, they're laying tar somewhere nearby and the air has been full of stink for days. :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Dyno

BladeWorker said:

Rae Days involved government workers getting up to ten unpaid vacation days in the year. This would balance the books and everyone got to keep their job. As a city worker I don't find this a bad compromise. It was a decent idea that got slammed by unions however and because the NDP are beholden to the unions Rae got pilloried.

Now look what we have instead. A leader like Rob Ford is faced with a similar shortcoming and what are his ideas? He gives a retirement package to a bunch of workers and failing that, he's going to slash garbage removal jobs and privatize them. He's essentially taking a middle class job and putting it in the lower class. He's also playing fast and loose with something like garbage, hoping that there is no health impact. Ask the workers if they prefer that over a 'Rae Days' like solution?

Bob Rae's idea was ahead of it's time, moderate, and fair. People who shit on him decades after the fact tend to do so out of pure ignorance.

Rinoa

Saw the scramble article this morning. I don't get how asshats like Minnan-Wong think their insignificant opinion (likely based on driving through that intersection daily w/o carpooling and expecting the streets to be empty LOL) is more important than years of specific research.

No thanks.

I was down with the Rae Days. I remember randomly meeting him as a kid with my dad at the CNE, he's a great guy.

Dyno

Stet said:
The people who elected Denzil Minnan-Wong must be feeling pretty silly right now considering he always seems so concerned with my Ward and not his own.

The problem is he's the Chair of the Works Commitee. That means he deals with all manner of city infrastructure plans and projects that cover the entire city.

The Yonge/Dundas Scramble does therefore fall under his purview but the shitty thing is that he looks at it from a commuter just passing through. He doesn't see it as pedestrian visitor and how valuable it is for clearing people through the area. An area that is above all pedestrian-oriented.

Rinoa said:
I don't get how asshats like Minnan-Wong think their insignificant opinion (likely based on driving through that intersection daily w/o carpooling and expecting the streets to be empty LOL) is more important than years of specific research.
He's a conservative. Scientific data and research means nothing.

Top Bottom