• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Prax

This is like watching sports...

I clicked away form the Leafs vs. Montreal to watch the polls instead. Haha.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just switched to CTV from the Leafs game and they're doing a TSN panel on the election. :lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Went up with my wife to vote around 8:30. There were a handful of people voting; no waiting at all.

Looking forward to the results in a few minutes..

Azuran

Banned
djkimothy said:
Toronto redeeming themselves after previous elections. Who would want conservatives in all three levels anyways...

We still have Ford and Harper in power. Toronto will never redeem themselves.

djkimothy

Azuran said:
We still have Ford and Harper in power. Toronto will never redeem themselves.

Ottawa had a conservative love affair with larry obrien. He failed miserably. You can't run a city like a business. Harsh lessons. Didn't seem to teach toronto anything though...

CBC declares liberal victory. Question is minority or majority.

Who knew that Ford would actually save McGuinty in the end. Finally, he's done something right.

What did he do?

Prax

djkimothy said:
Ottawa had a conservative love affair with larry obrien. He failed miserably. You can't run a city like a business. Harsh lessons. Didn't seem to teach toronto anything though...

CBC declares liberal victory. Question is minority or majority.

What did he do?

Made everyone hate the conservatives enough to not vote for them provincially. >___>

djkimothy

Did Toronto just vote him for the lulz?

I wouldn't mind a minority with and NDP keeping them in check. Time to go to bed.

Why are they calling a Liberal win already? The CBC interactive map is all orange and blue. I don't understand.

Toronto alone is like half the seats in Ontario. I'm exaggerating but it's close to the truth. You need Toronto to win in Ontario. The Liberals are holding it down solid.

Props to downtown Ottawa. Why did I have to move out in the boonies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Zzoram said:
Why are they calling a Liberal win already? The CBC interactive map is all orange and blue. I don't understand.

Zoom in around the urban centres, with many ridings, in southern Ontario. It's Liberal everywhere, with sprinkles of NDP.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Zzoram said:
GTA has something like 44 seats and the Liberals will win all but 4 or 5 of them. They've picked up enough outside the city to win.

elty

Those interactive map is all blue because PC's strength is in rural area, which is larger thus more noticeable.

PC is completely shut out in 416 Toronto. No way they can win when they cannot even get a single seat here.

Zzoram

Ok, looks like Liberals are getting around 50 of the 54 they need, so they'll need to get NDP votes for things, or maybe a few conservatives depending on the issue.

Zzoram said:
Most of Ontario is largely unpopulated. So there's so really giant, massive ridings up north that look disproportionate.

Stet

Banned
lunarworks said:
Most of Ontario is largely unpopulated. So there's so really giant, massive ridings up north that look disproportionate.
CTV just said that the northernmost riding is the size of Germany with the population of Niagara Falls.

Stet said:
CTV just said that the northernmost riding is the size of Germany with the population of Niagata Falls.
Conservatives still look at the map, see the sea of blue, and express enormous butthurt.

Zzoram said:
they got a mayor in the most populous city, they should be happy with that
If I've learned one thing about them, Conservatives are never happy.

Even when they're in power, they're still angry.

elty

Ohhh NDP slip down 1 to 17, and Liberal is now 53, just 1 more for majority.

Watching the counter is exciting.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Zzoram said:
they got a mayor in the most populous city, they should be happy with that

Not these days. The only people happy with Ford seem to be those from Mississauga, and outside of the city.

Top Bottom