• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

thank god Hudak lost

the last thing Canada needed was a Harper-Hudak-Ford Conservative cluster fuck in Ontario precipitating the entire nation into a dark hole

I am happy McGuinty one tonight

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
gutter_trash said:
thank god Hudak lost

the last thing Canada needed was a Harper-Hudak-Ford Conservative cluster fuck in Ontario precipitating the entire nation into a dark hole

I am happy McGuinty one tonight

I'll admit I was morbidly curious about the reaction to a true axis of evil forming in Ontario. And just how fast I could pack to join a mass exodus from the province. :p

Thankfully, it worked out much better than that.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
"Now we go to our reporter at the Liberal base... What do you think the Conservatives have to do to win?"

Divvy

LOLOLOL

"WE HAVE BREAKING NEWS.... SUN NEWS NETWORK IS TRENDING IN TORONTO!!!!!"

pssst... everyone is making fun of you.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Zzoram said:
SunTV is saying that Hudak should've campaigned on privatizing health care to be a true conservative and that it would've helped him win.

I agree, he should have. Would have been so fucking amazing.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mean while.. in Toronto..

CKCrK.jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
EvilMario said:
Mean while.. in Toronto..

CKCrK.jpg

He looks so bad in pictures, like he's this close to just keeling over. Get some cardio in bro.

Also, Hudak's face is freaking me out right now. What's wrong with it?

Divvy

Kinitari said:
He looks so bad in pictures, like he's this close to just keeling over. Get some cardio in bro.

Also, Hudak's face is freaking me out right now. What's wrong with it?
wcs05.jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
That smile! It just comes out randomly... it's like a puppet with it's smile-string suddenly pulled, seriously creepy.

Zzoram

lunarworks said:
Hudak's making a speech right now. Apparently the NDP is upset because he's "breaking protocol".

He's "damn proud" of his campaign.

Is he allowed to say that on TV? Aren't Conservatives the ones who push hard to censor language on TV?

Divvy

On a random note, I hate those stupid balloon things. Is clapping not good enough anymore?

Divvy said:
On a random note, I hate those stupid balloon things. Is clapping not good enough anymore?

I was on stage behind Paul Martin when he was making a speech at the Liberal convention in 2004, and they gave us thundersticks

Well, one of mine popped so I was stuck slapping it against my arm on national tv :(

Brinbe

Divvy said:
why do they even have thunder-stix?

lol @ the attempts to spin this as some sort of semi-win... They blew such a big lead.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They're calling (CBC) Trinity-Spadina for NDP (Sarah Thompson loses again). Looks like it'll be 53 for the Liberals.

Brinbe said:
why do they even have thunder-stix?

lol @ the attempts to spin this as some sort of semi-win... They blew such a big lead.

"It's clear that Ontario wants change! Just not our kind of change.."

Zzoram said:
He's "damn proud" of his campaign.

Is he allowed to say that on TV? Aren't Conservatives the ones who push hard to censor language on TV?
He was just expressing his patriotism and pride in the democratic process. I'm sure "it's OK".

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
lunarworks said:
He was just expressing his patriotism and pride in the democratic process. I'm sure "it's OK".

What would Jesus have said?

Stet said:
SunTV is going on and on about the popular vote being "virtually tied".

Maybe they don't understand how the system works.

Divvy

BigJonsson said:
I was on stage behind Paul Martin when he was making a speech at the Liberal convention in 2004, and they gave us thundersticks

Well, one of mine popped so I was stuck slapping it against my arm on national tv :(

I think it makes people look like hooligans.

Anony

as someone that did not vote, just in the side lines, i have to say, the PCs were shit
their entire campaign was slandering the liberals and making mcguinty look like some sort of evil person
it was disgusting imo

good to see libs win

EvilMario said:
It's being reported that voter turn out is around 47% right now, down quite a bit from the low 50s last time.
Is this surprising? None of the leaders were inspiring. McGuinty got reelected simply because he didn't burn the place down and Hudak is scary.

Zzoram

Anony said:
as someone that did not vote, just in the side lines, i have to say, the PCs were shit
their entire campaign was slandering the liberals and making mcguinty look like some sort of evil person
it was disgusting imo

good to see libs win

Ya Liberals ran a much better campaign with a positive tone.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Zombie James said:
That's terrible. Just make voting mandatory, or make election days a holiday.

I wouldn't want to make voting mandatory, because people are just not educated enough to know who they're voting for. If they don't even want to vote, chances are they have little to no clue about issues, platforms, and their representative.

Having a holiday for elections might work, as long as it's on a Thursday and not a Friday/Monday. Then people will just make it an extended weekend and blow off the polls.

There has to be better education about why voting matters, especially among young people. There's way too much 'my riding is doomed', or 'my voice won't matter' sentiment. Even when a riding comes down to less than 100 votes. So much loathing for politics, but people never want to step up to make a change.

lunarworks said:
Is this surprising? None of the leaders were inspiring. McGuinty got reelected simply because he didn't burn the place down and Hudak is scary.

Agreed. It was not a very engaging election, aside from the horror of a possible conservative trifecta. I can't stand the people that complain about elections about how it went, when they didn't vote.

My riding may have decided it all. Bramalea-Gore-Malton. NDP won it. First time in probably ever they've won it. Huge upset. The federal election was really close so I had a feeling NDP would win it today.

Azuran said:
If the Libs don't get a majority, I'm blaming everyone living in Thornhill. Freaking traitors.
For re-electing a Conservative? We all know it's the shallowest riding in the country, electing media personalities to represent them everywhere.

EvilMario said:
I wouldn't want to make voting mandatory, because people are just not educated enough to know who they're voting for. If they don't even want to vote, chances are they have little to no clue about issues, platforms, and their representative.

Having a holiday for elections might work, as long as it's on a Thursday and not a Friday/Monday. Then people will just make it an extended weekend and blow off the polls.
Democracy means that stupid people can vote, for better or worse.

Sorry about Thornhill :(

I was at the Leafs game so I wasn't able to get another 2000 Liberal votes out

The ultra orthodox jews voted for Shurman who has done shit all for Jews instead of the former head of the Canadian Jewish Congress

=/

Top Bottom