• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Azuran

Banned
djkimothy said:
Did Toronto just vote him for the lulz?

I wouldn't mind a minority with and NDP keeping them in check. Time to go to bed.

I swear they did. I'm seriously still wondering how Ford manage to win here. It still blows my mind.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
EvilMario said:
Thornhill. A rogue blue in a sea of red and orange.

What is up with Thornhill? It's just north of me and I have no idea what the difference could be.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
CNC (City News Channel for those who still don't know) were talking about the possibility of Liberal/NDP along with the NDP city councilors forcing Transit City back.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Fuzzy said:
CNC (City News Channel for those who still don't know) were talking about the possibility of Liberal/NDP along with the NDP city councilors forcing Transit City back.

How about the NDP pushing for the Liberals to fund 50% of the TTC, as was part of the NDP's platform? I love the idea of Transit City, and rail transit reaching many developing neighborhoods, but funding for the long term would be good too. :p

Fuzzy

EvilMario said:
How about the NDP pushing for the Liberals to fund 50% of the TTC, as was part of the NDP's platform? I love the idea of Transit City, and rail transit reaching many developing neighborhoods, but funding for the long term would be good too. :p
They mentioned that also.

Fuzzy said:
Now that they don't have to worry about an election and consequences they can play hardball.

That would be amazing.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Zzoram said:
so Liberals going to win with 53 votes, one short of majority?

It would almost be too perfect for them to win 50-53 seats, and need the NDP to push their agenda. And thus, the NDP might receive a voice as well.

Divvy

EvilMario said:
It would almost be too perfect for them to win 50-53 seats, and need the NDP to push their agenda. And thus, the NDP might receive a voice as well.
yz6XS.gif

Fuzzy

EvilMario said:
This is how I tried to get my brother to vote Liberal in Stoufville. I told him that him voting PC would give the Liberals a minority and all the power to the NDP. It scared the shit out of him. :lol

Azuran

Banned
One away. I can't take it anymore. Does anyone have a site with the closest ridings? I been trying to find one and I really don't feel like clicking the CBC map a hundred times.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's amusing that a bunch of these ridings elected Fordie-Councillors, but now they're 2:1 for the Liberals with PC third almost everywhere.

Fuzzy

EvilMario said:
It's amusing that a bunch of these ridings elected Fordie-Councillors, but now they're 2:1 for the Liberals with PC third almost everywhere.
And if city councilors were part of a party then he probably wouldn't have won. Many people had no idea what ideologies the mayoral candidates held. I know many people who had no idea what they were voting for when they voted for Ford.

EDIT: CNC says 54/37/16 right now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
From Twitter:

trapdinawrpool
Much anger and profanity on #SunTV. True colours are showing (more than usual, I mean) #VoteOn

Is anyone actually watching Sun TV? I'd be afraid to turn it on..

Divvy

EvilMario said:
From Twitter:

Is anyone actually watching Sun TV? I'd be afraid to turn it on..

I started watching the live stream. This one guy is SO butthurt.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
What the fuck do they mean we're doomed? We've been fine as the world crumbles around us, with 8 years of liberals, how are we doomed now?

Fuzzy

Kinitari said:
What the fuck do they mean we're doomed? We've been fine as the world crumbles around us, with 8 years of liberals, how are we doomed now?
Ontario is a have-not province and it's all McGuinty's fault. Didn't you know?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Trinity-Spadina is really tight between NDP-Lib. It's 70 votes in favor of NDP now. The riding could decide if the Liberals have a majority, or not. :O

Zzoram

SunTV is saying that Hudak should've campaigned on privatizing health care to be a true conservative and that it would've helped him win.

Stage On

Fuzzy said:
"We're heading on a path to financial disaster."

Pftt The conservatives would have been the real disaster. They'd cut taxs but god only knows what services they'd have to cut to support that.

Fuzzy said:
"We're heading on a path to financial disaster."
You mean the same kind of financial disaster Mike Harris and Ernie Eaves left us with?

I still remember the day after McGuinty was first elected. The outgoing Conservatives were all like "Oh, by the way, here's a huge deficit we forgot to mention. Oops. Sorry about that."

Divvy

Lol "We did a suntv online poll. 60% of respondents want to talk about privatizing health care so naturally THIS IS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT"

Brinbe

Divvy said:
Lol "We did a suntv online poll. 60% of respondents want to talk about privatizing health care so naturally THIS IS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT"
Good, good... hopefully they continue down that idiotic path. We'll see where that gets them.

Top Bottom