• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

BigJonsson said:
See, its a Tim Horton administration!

Oh and in Provincial news

Frank Klees wants to be speaker, if the Liberals and NDP support him we pretty much get a Liberal majority...........Hudak and other Tories are PISSED :)

I'm slow with provincial matters, isn't Frank Klees a PC MPP? How would that swing things to that extreme?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
typo said:
I'm slow with provincial matters, isn't Frank Klees a PC MPP? How would that swing things to that extreme?

It means the conservatives lose a seat effectively lowering the total seat count, which would be enough to give the liberals a tie in seat counts. Remember they were only off by one seat.

Brinbe

BigJonsson said:
See, its a Tim Horton administration!

Oh and in Provincial news

Frank Klees wants to be speaker, if the Liberals and NDP support him we pretty much get a Liberal majority...........Hudak and other Tories are PISSED :)
That is simply delicious... mwahahahaha

But smh @ those stupid fucking voters. Good job just realizing this shit about Ford now. =\

Stet

Banned
typo said:
Right now the Liberal Party has 53 votes in a 107-vote parliament. That means that if they had one more vote, they'd have more than 50% of the votes, and they could basically pass whatever they wanted with impunity. The speaker doesn't vote, though, which means that if Klees takes the position, they'd have 53 out of 106 votes, meaning even if the PC and NDP banded together, they couldn't automatically defeat a Liberal agenda.

Divvy said:
It means the conservatives lose a seat effectively lowering the total seat count, which would be enough to give the liberals a majority. Remember they were only off by one seat.

Oh dear... as hilarious as that is, I don't think it'd actually happen (it'd certainly not make him popular with this PC buds). What are the chances of this happening?

Dyno

Big Man Ford said:
“My kids and my wife are the closest things to me and I’ll do anything to protect them. So I just hope someone else doesn’t do that again because I don’t want anything serious to happen."

Such empty-headed hot air! What's going to happen? You going to jump in your SUV and then jump back out to go into your home again? You didn't even talk to these people to find out what was going on!

The TV show may have been out of line coming to his home but that he feels compelled to voice a veiled threat in big-man fashion tells you all you need to know about this joke tough guy.

explodet

typo said:
Oh dear... as hilarious as that is, I don't think it'd actually happen (it'd certainly not make him popular with this PC buds). What are the chances of this happening?
The Star might be editorializing a tiny bit, but their article says:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...-for-speaker-throws-tories-into-disarray?bn=1
Klees finished second to Hudak in the 2009 leadership contest and the two men have never been close.

Tories were furious at what they see as Klees’ undermining of the caucus.

“This is the equivalent of crossing the floor,” fumed one MPP, warning no Tories would vote for their colleague as speaker. “The Liberals better support him, because Frank doesn’t have a lot of friends in our caucus today,” the MPP said.

Brandson

lunarworks said:
Halton Region's waste pickup seems to be fine. Although, they can come from anywhere between 7 am and 3 pm. Plus, actual garbage pickup is every two weeks, and only recycling is weekly.

In midtown where it's not contracted out, garbage pickup is anywhere from 7am to midnight, or days later if they miss your house and you have to call the city to send someone back to pick it up, usually on the weekend. They usually don't pickup my garbage or recycling about 4 times a year. Both garbage pickup and recycling is every two weeks, on alternate weeks, so I usually have have tons of boxes for recycling piling up in the garage all the time. I don't see how contracting out garbage pickup could be any worse.

Dyno

explodet said:
The Star might be editorializing a tiny bit, but their article says:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...-for-speaker-throws-tories-into-disarray?bn=1

68d7b9f148ca839f44be9c55ce58.jpeg

HA! Look at that guy! He looks like a floor-crossing shiester.

There were so many articles, particularly left-leaning ones, that were going on and on about how McGuinty won by the skin of his teeth. That he was going to have to change his game and live in a new reality, achieve concensus across the floor when it was painfully obvious that just one person can make a move and give Liberals their majority.

Never mind the fact that in order to McGuinty to be contained the Conservatives and the NDP - to a man - where going to have to agree and vote together. Can you think of any real issue that would have these two parties agreeing unanimously? The concept is pure theatre to fill up news pages.

Klees must be planning on retiring by the next election

Speaker does get a vote but they traditionally do not vote against the government

Dyno

Rinoa said:
Yeah they're not even trying to hide it. The GAM is also fairly anti-ford in their choice of wording quite often.

The only time I've seen the G&M slam Ford is when they quote him and then follow it with actual facts. They've called him out for not speaking the truth which is pretty important for journalism to do and doesn't get done enough.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Rinoa said:
Yeah they're not even trying to hide it. The GAM is also fairly anti-ford in their choice of wording quite often.

Even the National Post is jumping on the 'Pick on Ford bandwagon'.

Really, it's tough to find any media with a slant when the majority of 'news' articles read more like editorials.

added_time said:
...but are we still allowed to wear plastic shark fins on our head when we are underwater in a public pool to scare people?
I would encourage it...

...wait, do lifeguards find that offending?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Zombie James said:
Shark fin banned! Progress made.

Team Ford has sure shrunk.

Results for the Shark fin banning vote:

Voted for the Ban:
Paul Ainslie, Maria Augimeri, Ana Bailão, Michelle Berardinetti, Shelley Carroll, Raymond Cho, Josh Colle, Gary Crawford, Vincent Crisanti, Janet Davis, Glenn De Baeremaeker, Mike Del Grande, Frank Di Giorgio, Sarah Doucette, John Filion, Paula Fletcher, Mary Fragedakis, Norman Kelly, Mike Layton, Chin Lee, Gloria Lindsay Luby, Josh Matlow, Pam McConnell, Mary-Margaret McMahon, Joe Mihevc, Peter Milczyn, Ron Moeser, Frances Nunziata (Chair), Cesar Palacio, John Parker, James Pasternak, Gord Perks, Anthony Perruzza, Jaye Robinson, Karen Stintz, Michael Thompson, Adam Vaughan, Kristyn Wong-Tam

Voted against the Ban:
Rob Ford, Doug Holyday, Giorgio Mammoliti, David Shiner

Absent:
Doug Ford, Mark Grimes, Denzil Minnan-Wong

epik

So I started my new job on Queen St E --- at river street west of broadview ...

Man, there is NOWHERE to park around here ;\ ... I've tried the temporary weekly street parking permit for $21 a week ... but I really hope theres a cheaper solution ..

(Note: I live in Maple (right near wonderland ;p) ... It's quite the drive.

Any ideas?

Sapiens

epik said:
So I started my new job on Queen St E --- at river street west of broadview ...

Man, there is NOWHERE to park around here ;\ ... I've tried the temporary weekly street parking permit for $21 a week ... but I really hope theres a cheaper solution ..

(Note: I live in Maple (right near wonderland ;p) ... It's quite the drive.

Any ideas?

21 bucks a week is pretty good.

Vhalyar

Any suggestions for a good pub near Spadina/Adelaide?
I need to figure out a place and try to get a table for tonight.

e: Well, by near I mean within 10~ minutes on foot.

Vhalyar said:

Hmmm, give me a few minutes, but there is tons of stuff around there

But I'm drawing a blank

If you can make it to King and University there is the Elephant and Castle and a whole bunch of other things on King

Vhalyar said:

Black Bull? Queen West, 5 minutes off Spadina.

Rinoa

Vhalyar said:

Charlotte Room?

Vhalyar said:

Probably a 15 min walk but Shoeless Joe's is pretty good.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
High Park, from the west end at Ellis Ave, a few days ago. Colours are not as vibrant this year, but this was a nice shot with the sun shining on the park. Click for larger image, full high resolution image available upon request.

Sober

Been meaning to go with a friend but she's been pretty busy plus it's been raining almost every day for the last week or so.

BladeWorker said:
You are the first person I have ever encountered outside of worthless restaurant review websites to recommend a Shoeless.

The one downtown is pretty nice looking instead, nothing like their usual locations

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
wRada.jpg

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/2011/10/27/18885256.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2011/10/should-rob-ford-apologize-to-911-operators.html

Toronto mayor cursed out 911: Report
Mayor Rob Ford allegedly called Toronto 911 dispatchers "bitches" and insisted "I'm Rob f---ing Ford," according to a media report.

CBC reported Thursday that Ford — alarmed by the CBC comedy show This Hour Has 22 Minutes trying to interview him in the driveway of his Etobicoke home — unleashed a torrent of swearing on the dispatchers that answered his 911 call Monday morning.

Cop sources told CBC that Ford got angry waiting for Toronto Police to arrive after his encounter with comedian Mary Walsh, dressed up as her Marg Delahunty character — a leather-clad warrior princess famous for ambushing politicians.

“You ... bitches!" Ford reportedly told the dispatcher. "Don’t you f---ing know? I’m Rob f---ing Ford, the mayor of this city!”

Ford didn't mention the 911 cussing when he described the 22 Minutes interview to reporters later on Monday.

"I came out of my house and I was ambushed," Ford said Monday night. "It was pretty dark still and my daughter was with me, there was a black Jeep or something outside of my door, I sort of looked at it ... then two people who didn't identify themselves came running up, they tried to get in my car and they stopped me from getting in my car.

"There was a lady dressed up and she was screaming my name, 'We've got you Rob Ford, we've got you,' and my daughter was scared, she went back in, so I tried to get out, my car door was open and they were blocking me so I couldn't get in or out of my car."

Ford said he went back in the house and called 911.

"I didn't know who they were and obviously we've had death threats and there was a camera and a mic and it wasn't any of you guys," he said. "I'm open to games and I'm open to the media but when you come to my private house early in the morning and ambush me, I think that crosses the line.

"I just told the police and we'll take it from there."

The interview, aired Tuesday night, shows it was daylight when the ambush happened.

Walsh told the QMI Agency's Joe Warmington on Tuesday that she didn't see Ford's daughter that day.

"I never saw his daughter," Walsh said. "Unless his daughter was under his waistcoat, there was no daughter."

She added, "If we had seen a girl, we would have drove on.
"

daemonic

Banned
"I didn't know who they were and obviously we've had death threats and there was a camera and a mic and it wasn't any of you guys," he said.

Yes obviously.

DopeyFish said:
There must be a way to get this clown out of office

If there is, I wonder how much more it'll take before anyone takes action. His behaviour towards the 911 dispatch team is just self-righteous.

Top Bottom