• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Entropia

No One Remembers
9t2vL.jpg

I love coming into this thread simply for Rob Ford pictures because I always tweet them to friends! He always looks so god damn ridiculous!

Nobility

Banned
Snow everywhere...

Tried to get some winter tires today too, the wait was over 6 hours at Canadian Tire, will have to go earlier another day.

Holmes

Lots of snow in the north. Yay! But since it's been raining for the past few days, it's really gross and I don't wanna step outside to go to class. :(

Snowing here. I shoulda got the snow tires put on last week, but I haven't been at the office for two weeks, where they're kept. :/

Could be a big story transit wise.. depending on the turn of events.

http://www.thestar.com/news/transpo...c-may-not-run-the-eglinton-crosstown-lrt?bn=1

It could be a horrendous mess, but it's humorous to see a bit of pressure applied to the TTC. Of course, the Province is the one doing it, even when they refuse to assist with funding. So conflicted.

I hope it's just McGuinty being passive-aggressive with Rob Ford. The province doesn't want the whole thing underground, because it's pointless and way too expensive. So, they're resorting to threats, rather than just coming out and saying it I suppose.

Azih

I hope it's just McGuinty being passive-aggressive with Rob Ford. The province doesn't want the whole thing underground, because it's pointless and way too expensive. So, they're resorting to threats, rather than just coming out and saying it I suppose.

McGunity's not in a strong position either sadly. He just got smacked around by the Conservatives and the NDP for acting like a dick.

McGunity's not in a strong position either sadly. He just got smacked around by the Conservatives and the NDP for acting like a dick.

I guess that's why it calls for passive-aggressiveness, then. It's what you do when you're in no position to stand up for yourself.

ShaneB

Yeah, just saw the snow when I went to the lunchroom and looked out the window. I couldn't help but have a big huge smile on my face. I love it! I grew up in Labrador, I can't help it! :D

Sober

Rain-snow mix is definitely mostly snow now on the south west end of Toronto.
Just north of Steeles, it's mostly snow too. Not alot but usually what we get on first snow. I can still see the grass poking out of it, but snow is snow. I love it when everything goes white.

Quick

Banned
I'm really tempted to pick up a Fan Expo premium package for next year. They have a limited block open right now, where you can buy a deluxe or premium pass. I went for a deluxe last year and I thought it was worth it.

Lines weren't so terrible (better than last year!), but the premium gives me quick access and a goodie bag. Would be nice if they show what's inside the goodie bag first, though. And I forgot the cost of last year's but for anyone curious, it's $89 for a deulxe pass, $129 for the premium.

if the general population were paying a whit's attention to provincial politics right now, I might agree with you.

But they aren't.

And, pretty much anyone who really cares about transit in this city wants more of it. So, he who comes out swinging with the bucks to support transit - and lord knows Metrolinx has more dollar-winning credibility around here than the TTC - wins.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
McGuinty barely has a majority, so... people did care I suppose.

Oh yeah, whatever happened to the Conservative MPP who wanted to be speaker?

McGuinty barely has a majority, so... people did care I suppose.

Oh yeah, whatever happened to the Conservative MPP who wanted to be speaker?

He doesn't, people pay more attention during writ periods - though judging by turnout, only barely - and he dropped out of the race before voting began.

Wait, so... did the Liberals have to nominate one of their own as a speaker then?

the party doesn't make parliamentary nominations (well, not explicitly). Individual MPPs nominate a colleague who may choose to stand for nomination.

The speaker is currently a Liberal (this guy) though Klees was considering a run (which might well have been successful; the guy's well-respected across the board, despite being somewhere to the right of Randy Hillier wrt social politics).

Here's what I think happened: in a tie vote, the speaker is asked to vote, and most always votes with the government. PC Party brass would have seen this as an MPP trying to undermine them (and at least in part, they'd be right) so they put the kaibosh on him so the man wouldn't have to end his political career as a pariah of the party he served well for 30 years.

I suspect there's more to it than that, and it's not being published. But ultimately, that's what it amounts to.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Who's smart idea was it to not have Santa at the Eaton Centre this year? He's only there from 9-10 am on Saturday and Sunday. If kids want to talk to him then they have to Skype him and even then it's only M-F 6-8pm and by appointment only. What the fuck?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Who's smart idea was it to not have Santa at the Eaton Centre this year? He's only there from 9-10 am on Saturday and Sunday. If kids want to talk to him then they have to Skype him and even then it's only M-F 6-8pm and by appointment only. What the fuck?

Santa don't work for cheap.

Seems like a terrible idea. Are there no other malls in the city doing Santa. Yorkdale, or Yonge and Eg?

Fuzzy

ShaneB

I was going to post that Skype Santa story last night after seeing it on the news. Seemed absolutely ridiculous. Pretty depressing, where's the joy in talking to Santa like that?

Fuzzy

I was going to post that Skype Santa story last night after seeing it on the news. Seemed absolutely ridiculous. Pretty depressing, where's the joy in talking to Santa like that?
I saw on the news parents showing up at the Eaton Centre with their kids only to find out there wasn't one.

I'd Skype the shit out of Mrs. Clause.
I heard she has a channel on a certain free webcam site.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
According to the G&M article on the subject, the Bay, south across Queen, is having Santa there seven days per week.

Stet

Banned
Yorkdale has him 10-8pm M-S and 11-6pm on Sunday with only a 1 hour break in the afternoon on each day. How do they screw that up at the fucking Eaton Centre?

Aren't Yorkdale and the Eaton Centre both Cadillac Fairview? Whoops nope, Yorkdale is Oxford.

ShaneB

I saw on the news parents showing up at the Eaton Centre with their kids only to find out there wasn't one.

I heard she has a channel on a certain free webcam site.

Yeah, there was one woman who pulled her kid out of school for the day to see Santa and was upset to learn there wasn't a Santa there.. I was more surprised at the fact the kid got a day off school to see Santa.

Roto13

God, so stupid. This is basically what happens when stuff like this is run by the types of people who don't understand the internet but are pretty sure it's the future of everything.

Top Bottom