• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOS sold out nationwide

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Link316 said:
its good to know that NY is no longer part of the nation

Neither are Washington, DC, Baltimore, other parts of Maryland and parts of PA apparently.

Fifty

*sigh* When will companies realize this and start putting out a few more big titles in August or any other weak month instead of stacking everything on November. :(

Auron

Why do companies still assume RPG's don't sell in the US? Just like any other genere, if it's good and gets some advertising support, it will sell. Final Fantasy VII and Pokemon changed everything.

SantaC

two cheers for ToS people. I raised my glass. I have a party here but somehow i made my way throught the computer rand gaming-age. People on this party saw the tos intro and theys aid wtf, thats an awesomne intro. end of story. now i gotta go.

AniHawk

Deg said:
Obviously. They didnt advertise on TV. Missed opportunity as this will affect sales negatively.

On the plus side, this game could become rare, and worth something in the future.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
With a title with as focused an audience as tos or Disgaea, it's a very slim margin between "successful sellout" and "bomb bomb".

P90

belgurdo said:
Fans starved for something to play+only significant title release in about three months=mad crazy sales

ToS is the Cube's KOTOR, except that ToS is good.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There's no denying that Gamecube owners have been starving for a new game, besides Zelda Four Swords

Prine

Banned
P90 said:

KOTOR is one of the best RPGs ever, my expectations for ToS is sky high now (Judging by scores, its not as amazing as KOTOR)

im looking foward to playing this, i should have it by monday.

belgurdo

Banned
FoneBone said:

Maybe, but what I said is steeped in truth more than likely. Has there been ANY significant RPGs releases on the Cube lately besides FSA or Crystal Chronicles? I'm drawing blanks here myself.

Alcibiades

belgurdo said:
Maybe, but what I said is steeped in truth more than likely. Has there been ANY significant RPGs releases on the Cube lately besides FSA or Crystal Chronicles? I'm drawing blanks here myself.

what about A Wonderful Life in mid-March, that's pretty significant (enough to make Metal Gear Solid it's b*tch)...

I bet there was some cross-ownership between this and Animal Crossing...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I can confirm this
No additional copies have been shipped, none scheduled to arrive

jarrod

Banned
Wario64 said:
There's no denying that Gamecube owners have been starving for a new game, besides Zelda Four Swords
MegaMan Anniversary Collection did pretty well also.

edit-I wonder if Command Mission GC will outsell the PS2 version also?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Vargas said:
What about Breath of Fire 5?
Quality RPGs sell well.
Edit: I know some of you people are asses, so that quip about the no more shipment, how true we talking here? I was hoping to hold off on purchasing it until later.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Hmm, 27 stores within a 30 mile radius in my area have TOS in stock. (1-3 or 4+). What do you say to that?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
P90 said:

dude, get real. ToS isn't going to be up for any game of the year awards come Dec. It hasn't reviewed as well as KOTOR, and just because the GC gets a decent RPG finally it's no reason to trash it's superior. Just enjoy your game without being stupid.

My zip code search is showing at least 10 copies available (a couple 4+ listings).

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Musashi Wins! said:
dude, get real. ToS isn't going to be up for any game of the year awards come Dec. It hasn't reviewed as well as KOTOR, and just because the GC gets a decent RPG finally it's no reason to trash it's superior. Just enjoy your game without being stupid.

My zip code search is showing at least 10 copies available (a couple 4+ listings).
Yikes, someone hit a nerve! :(

Maybe KOTOR wasn't that fun for him -- everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Top Bottom