• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Blow: Braid Anniversary Edition sold like dog shit

Encouragement Dog Poop GIF

calistan

Played this a lot more now - more hours than I put in playing through the original version twice, although I’m not yet halfway through the remaster.

It’s completely excellent! People who say it didn’t need a remaster are missing the point.

This is like a director’s cut blu-ray or something. The way the commentaries are integrated is so good, you can choose them based on theme (design, music, programming, etc) and often listening to one will unlock another, plus video demonstrations and portals to other levels with similar concepts.

I have a new appreciation for the amount of thought that went into every tiny aspect of this. There are long talks about things like the reasoning behind how wide a gap in a platform should be. I hope they do the same thing for The Witness some day.

peek

Yeah saw this pop up on psn store a bit back.... like probably the MOST unneeded "remake/remaster/rerelease/whatever this is" of all time.

calistan

Yeah saw this pop up on psn store a bit back.... like probably the MOST unneeded "remake/remaster/rerelease/whatever this is" of all time.
I thought that initially, but it's not really a remaster. Or at least it's not just that.

Think of it more like Making of Karateka. The important thing isn't the redrawn graphics, it's the integrated commentaries, demos and explanations. You play the game while listening to a masterclass in game design.

For me, this went from zero expectation and buying it when it was dirt cheap, to probably my favourite game of the year.

Top Bottom