• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total Solar Eclipse (US) of 2017

If I don't plan to look at the sun directly in NJ I don't need any special glasses right, I'm gonna be driving soon and I wanna make sure I'll be OK lol
If you didn’t know it was happening you probably wouldn’t even notice anything different. You’re totally fine without glasses unless you wanna look at the sun directly, no matter where you are.

LQX

Holy shit, they're weren't kidding when they said don't look directly at the sun. I did a quick peek and fuck. I have a perfect view of it also.

Went outside just now to do errands and the skies looked different.

I assume it already started in Cali? (or maybe im just looking at smog haha)

Z3M0G

So is there any satellite broadcasting live video of the moon's shadow moving along the earth? I couldn't find anything about that... but it must be pretty awesome to see...

corin7

Neo Member
Went outside just now to do errands and the skies looked different.

I assume it already started in Cali? (or maybe im just looking at smog haha)

Yeah I am in socal and light is definitely getting weird. Shadows are not what they should be for this time of day.

Funny, I'm not in an area of totality, but if I was in the totality portion, honestly... I would get pretty fucking emotional if I saw a total eclipse. In 2024, I may go to Erie, PA so I can see the totality then. Just thinking of seeing a total eclipse makes me emotional.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Things are slightly eerie outside but its so overcast I cant see the sky. :[

manfestival

Holy shit, they're weren't kidding when they said don't look directly at the sun. I did a quick peek and fuck. I have a perfect view of it also.

How long did you look at the sun though? I mean usually looking at the sun or having it in your peripheral totally sucks. also I planned on just glancing up for a second to look at it. Just read an article about the real damage coming from those staring at it.

Final-Fantasy-7-logo.jpg

It ls time.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It's super quite. Very relaxing.
Whoa you're right. I usually have loads of birds squawking in my trees but it's very silent right now. Not even much traffic. Got the damn kids at the local school ruining it though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I am brilliant and decided to look at the sun and fuck that shit burned

Toparaman

Banned
So is everyone at max coverage now?

Looks like it here (70 percent coverage max in NorCal), but honestly it just looks like a normal morning in terms of light.

How long did you look at the sun though? I mean usually looking at the sun or having it in your peripheral totally sucks. also I planned on just glancing up for a second to look at it. Just read an article about the real damage coming from those staring at it.

Retina damage is cumulative so glancing away and back won't "reset" it

Top Bottom