• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total Solar Eclipse (US) of 2017

Goldrusher

YJJIzRe.png

As someone looking through their phone camera with no glasses...

...looks like the normal sun

It's past peak time according the verge for me. Welp back inside I go

mavo

Banned
Man just looked at the sun in the reflection of a car windshield and almost went blind.

I mean is only partial here in Mexico so meh, will stay in doors.

I also feel bad for the people living near the total path who werent able to travel, must be the ultimate cocktease.

manfestival

Retina damage is cumulative so glancing away and back won't "reset" it

My concern that it is just far more damaging apparently during the eclipse than any normal day of staring at the sun? Does this have to do with dilation? Like will it affect me if I am coming from the inside of a bright office building?

Man just looked at the sun in the reflection of a car windshield and almost went blind.

I mean is only partial here in Mexico so meh, will stay in doors.

I also feel bad for the people living near the total path who werent able to travel, must be the ultimate cocktease.

The worst thing is actually when you live right in the path of totality but the weather sucks too much to see anything

look so odd outside here in Vancouver. almost like I'm wearing sun glasses but im not.

edit: used some welding goggles to see the eclipse. make sure its at least shade 14 style.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Retina damage is cumulative so glancing away and back won't "reset" it

Looking at an eclipse isn't any more dangerous than looking at the sun at any other point. People are just smart enough to not stare at the goddamn sun.

Chris R

Temps dropped quite a bit, automatic lights came on it was so dark.

Camera was fucking shit at capturing it, but man it was so fucking cool to see live in person.

Trip redeemed

ICO_SotC

The clarity of the NYT's feed once they got it in focus was amazing. You could see what looked like flame bursts around the top of the ring.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I was bummed I wasn't able to get glasses but it turned out well 'cus it's cloudy as fuck right now. I've no idea where the sun even is.

TyrantII

My concern that it is just far more damaging apparently during the eclipse than any normal day of staring at the sun? Does this have to do with dilation? Like will it affect me if I am coming from the inside of a bright office building?

No. It's just from looking at the sun period.

The issue with an eclipse is it's an abnormal event that gets more people looking at the sun.

Top Bottom