• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total Solar Eclipse (US) of 2017

MouldyK

So, flat earth people, you want to explain how this works during an eclipse then?
Flat-earth-lunar-eclipse-NOT-1.jpg

It's this on a Larger Scale, clearly: Here

Completely overcast here. Not in the path of totality, but my niece has never seen an eclipse period, so I thought it'd be fun to show her one. Guess it's just not in the cards.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
...am I missing an obvious reason why, if people are resorting to pinhole cameras, I shouldn't just use my phone camera on "reverse facing" to look over my shoulder?

Murugo

At a viewing party at work. Even though it's overcast you can still see the eclipse through the clouds. Easier to take pictures of with a phone camera.

JettDash

...am I missing an obvious reason why, if people are resorting to pinhole cameras, I shouldn't just use my phone camera on "reverse facing" to look over my shoulder?

Didn't even think about that.

I was planning on holding my phone over the sun. Thus blocking its light from going in my eyes.

Kalnoky

Some spotty overcast here in Northern California, and some of it just so happens to be covering the sun, haha. Wasn't gonna get to see full totality anyway or anything, but still kind of lame. Oh well.

I'm so mad that I wasn't able to get a pair of viewing glasses. Especially since it wouldn't have been a problem to time my breaks today to go catch a glimpse.

If you can get a good pic of the sun with your phone camera, then you must have a much better phone than me.

Shit is just gonna look totally blown out, dude. You can really only see the obstruction of the sun’s disc by the moon through the special filters.

If I don't plan to look at the sun directly in NJ I don't need any special glasses right, I'm gonna be driving soon and I wanna make sure I'll be OK lol

If I don't plan to look at the sun directly in NJ I don't need any special glasses right, I'm gonna be driving soon and I wanna make sure I'll be OK lol
The sun isn't capable of damaging your eyes any more than it is every other day. You'll be fine as long as you don't look at it.

Top Bottom