• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total Solar Eclipse (US) of 2017

snap0212

I remember when I got to see the eclipse many years ago when I was a child. It was so fascinating. Asked the girl I'm seeing about her experience and she was like "lol, I was one".

FyreWulff

my polarized raybans are enough right?

or do i need those dollar store cardboard cutouts

oh god no please no

polarized blocks out 50% of light. The eclipse glasses block out 99.5%.

Literally only thing you should be able to see through eclipse glasses is the disc of the sun.

norm9

Passed out last 1xx+ glasses this morning in about ten minutes at my work. Long ass line and me repeating one per person but everyone trying to be selfish and ask for more.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Heading out now into the deep woods now. Godspeed, my fellow gazers!
If you don't hear back, know that I was sucked into the demonic vortex by accident.

zeemumu

So, flat earth people, you want to explain how this works during an eclipse then?
Flat-earth-lunar-eclipse-NOT-1.jpg

Hari Seldon

Hopefully the eclipse glasses I got from a local eyedoctor who bought a bunch are legit and it is not some conspiracy for him to drum up business.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Was wondering why that stream was based in Carbondale IL, but now I see it's basically right at the apex, longest duration moment of the eclipse.

Library came through for me. Got some glasses. Sad I couldn't travel to an area with totality, bu Maryland is gonna have 80% eclipsed and I figure I can plan better for the next one in 7 years.

Top Bottom