• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total Solar Eclipse (US) of 2017

Poppy

there was some cool light effects on the asphalt i viewed the eclipse on. right before and right after it went totally dark, the light sort of swam around or rippled on the ground a little bit

Mortemis

Banned
Showed up to a viewing and they were out of glasses. Thankfully a nice lady shared a pair with my group. People are so nice. :)

It's weird, it got colder and darker, but the sky is still blue. Kinda creepy but I'm loving it. Definitely gonna have to see a total eclipse some day.

Murugo

I think the shadows are conspiring.

S0FJthV.jpg

manfestival

No. It's just from looking at the sun period.

The issue with an eclipse is it's an abnormal event that gets more people looking at the sun.

thats fair, that aligns with other things that I am reading online. the biggest concern is that people are going to star when they normally wouldnt stare and there are no pain receptors telling people to stop

Burt

I hope there are some intrepid cosplayers out there who took advantage of this

Also, someone needs to check the deepest depths of the White House to make sure HR McMaster isn't strapped naked across a sacrificial altar.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
A staggering amount of people at my office don't understand what is happening. Like basic science stuff. I'm blowing minds with a fucking piece of paper and a pinhole.

manfestival

A staggering amount of people at my office don't understand what is happening. Like basic science stuff. I'm blowing minds with a fucking piece of paper and a pinhole.

I feel bad for you. Either you need a raise for find a more deserving place of employment.

ag-my001

Currently raining NW of Charleston. Missed first contact. There's a big patch of blue to the west, so I'm still hopeful totality won't be a bust.

Z3M0G

there are much more incredible sights like that (even some more.... eclipses) I totally recommend it...

I don't know why this is what it took to finally make me want to play it... I may wait for the next sale though, since it happens often.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I don't feel too bad about missing this one since the next one in 2024 will be able to be seen in totality right outside of Austin TX. That's an easy drive for me ... may even make a mini vacation out of it.

Top Bottom