• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Totoki: "We create infinite realities"; He wants to promote DEI, combat climate change; Sony's profit growth will be driven by PlayStation (margin of

zedinen

Sony Corporate Report 2024

Create Infinite Realities

Muwfmz6.jpeg

Up8TY2a.jpeg

DEI, Climate Change

x50gTB1.jpeg

Operating Income Margin of 10% or More

2OTl0nJ.jpeg

PlayStation Sales and Operating Income

gg14LML.jpeg

Profit Growth Driven by G&NS and I&SS

MSGgQa0.jpeg

Sales by Segment

wGI7ST5.jpeg

Share Buybacks, Payout Ratio

lvXc3f2.jpeg

Dividends

vr1W4gl.jpeg

Senior Executive Remuneration

OiigSwL.jpeg

It's a ppt prepared for shareholders. Would be suprised if things like "workspace diversity, dei, etc" aren't mentioned. You can go to any mid size and up corp and odds are one of your training would be about DEI. It is a buzzpoint companies add while representing themselves. MS does this( would be suprised if Nintendo doesn't do this), Google does this, etc. Won't look too much into this.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I hope their DEI initiatives cause them to lose record amounts of money. People have been clear for a while now: nobody wants it.

I will enjoy seeing this idiot being shown the door when he loses them even more billions.
They literally cleaned some of Bungie's house due to that DEI shit that led them to be a money burning inefficient operation.

Then the Concord bomb, UbiSoft bombs, either this is all talk on the global stage, or they haven't woken up yet.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

This is pure PR nonsense. This is the reason why Phil Spenser is talked better even though Xbox is not doing super, this kind of guys just read from the page. Talk like a person man.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Some of you have clearly never worked for a multi-billion dollar corporation. It's just common sense: people need to be inclusive, accept everyone, and collaborate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Why? Why the need to have people from different backgrounds? I'd say talent and passion are much more important than race and background, specially when it comes to software development.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Some of you have clearly never worked for a multi-billion dollar corporation. It's just common sense: people need to be inclusive, accept everyone, and collaborate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.

I mean, it's insane how they go ballistic over the most mundane things. ESG reporting has been going on for decades so why is everyone so hung up on it this gen? What/how exactly do people think the contents of this disclosure affect the games they play?

Go_Ly_Dow

This is pure PR nonsense. This is the reason why Phil Spenser is talked better even though Xbox is not doing super, this kind of guys just read from the page. Talk like a person man.
I don't think it's PR nonsense.

DEI initiatives impact who the company/studios hire (essentially not hiring on merit but on "marginalised" charactertistics).

When you hire based on radical ideology you're going to end up hiring a lot of radicals.

Naturally these ideological loons demand X studio or Y game implements these philosophies into their end objective and aims.

Then you end up with the worst situation when the lunatics get creative control of a game and the art is compromised as we're seeing and becomes bankrupt.

Then you end up with something like Concord which can crush a studio or with boardroom Ubisoft games which has put them on life support.

Last edited:
Top Bottom