• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: Kiwami |OT| Mitama Hunter feat. Hatsuho Miku and Friends

I did not import AoD save data (for some reason I bought, but never actually played it) and I received the following in game:

- Angel Paws Outfit (Tenko)
- Yamato Outfit
- Horō Outfit
- Yamato Outfit White
- Rinne Outfit
- Hatsuho's Oni Mask
The message from 'Slayer HQ': "You have been awarded [Outfit] as a purchase bonus!"

PS4 EU/PAL disc version, I did not specifically pre-order the game, although I have had the game since Tuesday (24th)
Oh thank you lol, everything was there as you said, I can just carry my progress to Kiwami now and play it from there now, off to build a rifle =D

Card Boy

Banned
I made a list of issues I had with the game in the review thread but the biggest one I have is the mission variety. The game just seems to repeat the same scenario 5 times a chapter. Capture 3 red zones, defeat a Windshreader, defeat a manhunter etc. I have had the game for a week and am up to chapter 5.

Zambatoh

I've been playing the Kiwami demo these past couple days. I really like using the Rifle.

While I can never seem to find a use for the EXP shells, the SNP and PRC shells are awesome.

I also get a lot of time to scan the battlefield as well. I can scout out the hidden prayer stones and keep an eye on the enemy's health/Spirit Bars.

I've been playing the Kiwami demo these past couple days. I really like using the Rifle.

While I can never seem to find a use for the EXP shells, the SNP and PRC shells are awesome.

I also get a lot of time to scan the battlefield as well. I can scout out the hidden prayer stones and keep an eye on the enemy's health/Spirit Bars.

Sniperstyle huh?

I may try the rifle in the demo then, I loved the bow so much.

Tevren

Have it preordered for release date delivery. Loved the original, can't wait to dive in again.

PSn: Tarqosis

The dreaded having to pay for online..I wish they had online passes for games still i would so pay 1 dollars to get access to online for just this game. I pray Sony realizes they don't need to add online pay to ps+ and makes it free again..looks like I'm offline only for bow because eff paying a monthly fee for online

/cheapskate

I played the PS4 demo today and I liked it. I would go ahead and pre-order it now but my money situation has taken a nosedive recently so I'll have to get it down the road a bit.

I also now want a Tenko...

Novocaine

Thanks for the OT, loving the game so far, the Naginata is awesome. Anybody playing feel free to add me if you want a hunting buddy.

PSN: Deicides

I can't wait for this game to drop in NA, I longed for a day where Kwame got the respect he deserved; hopefully there's a polka dot armor set.

kwame-a-day-cover.jpg

daydream

Banned
So much food to buy for these Tenkos. What is it with hunting games and cats*?

*Please do not correct me on this, I know they might be foxes.

I'm getting this. Too bad I couldn't preorder during the promo period. Getting this on Vita. I mained kusari-gama in the first game. Maybe going to try out other weapons this time around. Might wanna try out the rifle. Looks very boring though.

Add me to the list.

GAF name: Boogalogist
PSN ID : Boogatan

Kas

Is there any point in not using Ultimate Destroyer straight away?

From what I've seen in the demo, the bosses have two stages. The first is when you destroy all their armor, and the second stage they regrow all their cut-off parts and thats when you deal damage to the bosses health.

Again, this is what I've just noticed.

Some bosses regrow parts after enraging, like Snowflame. Save the ultimate then cut both new tails at once so the enrage ends right away.
Good idea! I usually have snowflame enraged for the duration of the battle, and if I use a weapon I'm no good with like a spear, I'm never getting both tails to drop normally -__--

Dineren

Banned
Does anyone know if the sound is still muted in the full version when streaming? Whenever I play games I almost always hop in party chat with an out of state friend and stream it for him and when streaming the demo there was no sound.

I guess I can always stream it through my PC, but it's a hassle I'd rather not deal with.

bobohoro

Is there any point in not using Ultimate Destroyer straight away?

Depends on the monster. Like many have said, some regrow limbs and if you are close to that phase, you might want to save it for after the transformation.

Another point would be reachable body parts. If you are using sword and are fighting an Edax for example, you might not want to waste your destroyer on the feet which already are in red health and would rather chop off an arm, or get the horns. That's when you wait with your destroyer until it falls over and you can reach those parts easier. Of course it seems like the priorities have been tweeked further in Kiwami and your destroyer actually automatically targets higher health limbs and smaller stuff like horns if they are within your hitbox.

And the game is awesome, minus the at times extrem drops in framerate, even on Vita. Wasn't that bad in the original, i have to say. The new Mitama system with more skills which are we can now also reorder, is great and makes maxing out more mitamas to build various combinations less of a chore. I still think it's a bit annoying that your active mitama gain levels in a battle, since you never really take your maxed out stuff with you like that. I mean, I get like 10k for my main and half of that for the 2 substitutes per mission, I wouldn't want to waste that.

Munkyspace

Just started Chapter 2 and I am still not sure on how Mitama's work. Do they add special moves depending the weapon you are wielding?

Mitama pretty much determine your "spec", if you want to call it that. Whether you're a tank, heals, utility/support, pure damage, etc. The main difference would be the four class abilities you have depending on your spec/Mitama. On the bottom right of the screen, you have four abilities, each corresponding to square, circle, etc. Those are what change based on what mitama you have equipped.

Also, DEF Mitama, the ones that make you a tank (taunts and such) also give you a shield bar over-and-above your health bar. No idea if any others do that, since I've only played DEF and HLG so far. Also, as far as I know based on my time with the demo, your weapon combos and general playstyle of each weapon do not vary based on the Mitama you have.

There are weapons that are better suited for certain Mitama (Fists + DEF, Rifle + SPT, blah blah blah), but you can generally use whatever weapon you want with whatever Mitama you have equipped. For example, I use the fists weapons with a healing (HLG) Mitama and I try to play like a front-line fighter/healer type, sort of like a tanky monk. Other times I just go DEF and play punchy-punchy blocky-blocky.

The image in the OP gives great descriptions of each one if you haven't seen it already.

Mitama pretty much determine your "spec", if you want to call it that. Whether you're a tank, heals, utility/support, pure damage, etc. The main difference would be the four class abilities you have depending on your spec/Mitama. On the bottom right of the screen, you have four abilities, each corresponding to square, circle, etc. Those are what change based on what mitama you have equipped.

Also, DEF Mitama, the ones that make you a tank (taunts and such) also give you a shield bar over-and-above your health bar. No idea if any others do that, since I've only played DEF and HLG so far. Also, as far as I know based on my time with the demo, your weapon combos and general playstyle of each weapon do not vary based on the Mitama you have.

There are weapons that are better suited for certain Mitama (Fists + DEF, Rifle + SPT, blah blah blah), but you can generally use whatever weapon you want with whatever Mitama you have equipped. For example, I use the fists weapons with a healing (HLG) Mitama and I try to play like a front-line fighter/healer type, sort of like a tanky monk. Other times I just go DEF and play punchy-punchy blocky-blocky.

The image in the OP gives great descriptions of each one if you haven't seen it already.

Thanks a lot. Is this stuff actually explained in the game or a manual of some sort?

that wasnt my point. The reason to do coop even early on is having fun with others. Region is set to worldwide btw.
If progress is divided the same way as in Toukiden vanilla, Remember this when you realize your single player progress is keeping you from upgrading weapons and armor past a certain point.

OT moving so slow this the first time I see it. Got it ordered via Amazon. Should arrive Tuesday. Maining Bow.

Daydream I'm going to outdps you don't make fun

Uthred

Does this include the story from the first one? If I get the first one for VITA can I unlock the extra stuff on the PS4 version of Kiwami?

Ogawa-san

The first game was pretty dead too even at release. They just picked the worst time to release it when everyone cares about Bloodborne more.

:(
It's the same "problem" as the first game: AI is too competent. It was good enough last time that you never needed to go online to complete a mission, and now it's even better on top of having manual team commands. Very little reason to go and open/join a random lobby, so you don't find many.

Also, if you're not using party chat, it's a very impersonal thing with just gestures for communication. The only signs that you're playing with people and not AI are the names and the fact people, unlike AI, can actually die every now and then.

OT moving so slow this the first time I see it. Got it ordered via Amazon. Should arrive Tuesday. Maining Bow.
Game came out last friday in EU but isn't out in US until tuesday. Koei EU > Koei US.

ZeroAKA

Does this include the story from the first one? If I get the first one for VITA can I unlock the extra stuff on the PS4 version of Kiwami?
Yes to both, although you might not even need the original to unlock the bonuses:
I did not import AoD save data (for some reason I bought, but never actually played it) and I received the following in game:

- Angel Paws Outfit (Tenko)
- Yamato Outfit
- Horō Outfit
- Yamato Outfit White
- Rinne Outfit
- Hatsuho's Oni Mask
The message from 'Slayer HQ': "You have been awarded [Outfit] as a purchase bonus!"

PS4 EU/PAL disc version, I did not specifically pre-order the game, although I have had the game since Tuesday (24th)

Kama_1082

Banned
OK, I finished AOD but I didn't attempt ch 6-7. I'm about to finish all the special missions in the demo. When kiwami releases on Tuesday, can I start on chapter 8 with my save or am I hosed?

Nice OT.

I enjoyed the initial release even with its many problems and dead online.

If the online lobby system has been fixed, I'm kinda interested in getting this.

Top Bottom