• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: Kiwami |OT| Mitama Hunter feat. Hatsuho Miku and Friends

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about to buy this on the Vita! Though I'm kind of drowning in hunting games right now. They're such a great fit for a handheld.

Aside from the demo I have little experience with Toukiden, but can I still enjoy this game if I play mostly single player? The reason I'm getting it for the Vita is because I mostly played games like Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice on my way to work/campus so I could never really play those games online. Both of those games were still great, though, so I'm hoping this applies to Toukiden as well.

I'm about to buy this on the Vita! Though I'm kind of drowning in hunting games right now. They're such a great fit for a handheld.

Aside from the demo I have little experience with Toukiden, but can I still enjoy this game if I play mostly single player? The reason I'm getting it for the Vita is because I mostly played games like Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice on my way to work/campus so I could never really play those games online. Both of those games were still great, though, so I'm hoping this applies to Toukiden as well.

Yes, though there are some missions exclusive to the multiplayer (I think).

You can certainly get through the story mode without any online help.

I think what the game lacks is some kind of exclusive subset of multiplayer only Oni just to get people online (unless there is in Kiwami?).

maouvin

Yes, though there are some missions exclusive to the multiplayer (I think).

You can certainly get through the story mode without any online help.

I think what the game lacks is some kind of exclusive subset of multiplayer only Oni just to get people online (unless there is in Kiwami?).

There are, but they're doable offline too.
Just remember that story and multiplayer missions progress separately.

And well, there's at least three multiplayer-exclusive big onis this time, but iirc at least two of them are reskins (with some differences on their movesets, like always).

Maid

Banned

The AI is so competent that you can mostly play offline and you would still be fine.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Good enough for me! And it's not like I can't play online, I just usually don't play handhelds at home/near wifi. But if I want to play the multiplayer exclusive content I can just do it at home. I just wanted to ensure there's enough for me to play on my own. Thanks guys!

people

The reason I'm getting it for the Vita is because I mostly played games like Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice on my way to work/campus so I could never really play those games online.

The AI is so competent that you can mostly play offline and you would still be fine.

I have been playing for a week (EU), but not online yet. Compared to Freedom Wars the AI is amazing.

I've been mixing up between playing solo and online, and it's kinda hilariously depressing that my AI teammates generally outperform the random pick up groups I play with online.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I've been mixing up between playing solo and online, and it's kinda hilariously depressing that my AI teammates generally outperform the random pick up groups I play with online.

Well that's good to hear!

Kinda OT but I hate how AI usually gets neglected in video game development. Proper AI can do much more for a game than any increase in texture resolution or cutscene budget. But I guess you can't quantify "good AI" as easily as high texture resolution or polygon count so it's hard to measure its impact.

UCBooties

Still haven't heard that my pre-order is in yet. Will swing by after work to see if it is in. I was chain and sickle all the way through AOD but after trying out the rifle in the demo I just don't think I can go back. Being able to target individual parts so precisely is too good to give up.

maouvin

KT EU's twitter announced DLCs for April 15th. Costumes and extra missions (which usually means new equipment too).

Anyone have handy a list of the JP DLC's so we can check what we're getting?

Dominator

Went to buy the game I had reserved (and I work at the damn store), and they only got two copies in while they had three reserves. The first two people were there at open so I got boned. Oh well, hopefully I can get it tomorrow.

sensui-tomo

got the game, uploaded my date and its already on the ps4, got loads of bonuses and now i wait for my friends to get the game so i can play with them and help them grind through the levels.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I want to see people's characters!

Download finally finished. Now starting the game proper:
2015-03-31-232507u8a7h.jpg
2015-03-31-233539gplzh.jpg

maouvin

Hmm, looks like my build got nerfed
or fixed
, I'm not getting guaranteed critical hits after running->charging shot to stop running->shot.

Guess I'll finally try some new stuff, lol.

Tevren

Weird minor issue. Got the trophy for breaking all parts of a large Oni, but not the one for destroying an Oni body part for the first time. Unless the trophy is worded wrong.

Tevren

Np. I went PS4, as it gave me the ability to play on Vita via Remote Play if needed. Might eventually double dip, but can't at the moment.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the quick response! So torn over which version to buy.

I'm playing the Vita version and it's great. It runs fine and looks well. If you appreciate/need the mobility of a handheld I'd definitely recommend it. Otherwise go for PS4 because obviously resolution and framerate will be better.

Ogawa-san

I used to go back to livearea on Vita to "pause" the game since it doesn't have a real pause. Turns out it doesn't work like that on PS4, as I found out during an infinite mission. The game will keep running like nothing happened.

On the plus side, I also found out that I'm pretty much useless. I came back about 5min later to find a dead boss (wave 20-ish) and 3 healthy AIs waiting for me.

Tevren

There are 2 Free Mitama DLCs up in PSN Store, for sure on PS4, haven't checked Vita yet, but assume they would be as well.

Ichimoni Mari (Atk), and Oda Nobunyaga (PLN). Oda has Novice Destroyer at level 1.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
There are 2 Free Mitama DLCs up in PSN Store, for sure on PS4, haven't checked Vita yet, but assume they would be as well.

Ichimoni Mari (Atk), and Oda Nobunyaga (PLN). Oda has Novice Destroyer at level 1.

Nice tip, thanks! And it's up for the Vita as well.

Ended up picking this up. How I'm gonna split my time between this, Axiom Verge and Bloodborne? I don't know, but I am just not gonna question it aha. I am thinking of just starting a fresh new character.

Top Bottom