• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: Kiwami |OT| Mitama Hunter feat. Hatsuho Miku and Friends

bobohoro

It's the same "problem" as the first game: AI is too competent. It was good enough last time that you never needed to go online to complete a mission, and now it's even better on top of having manual team commands. Very little reason to go and open/join a random lobby, so you don't find many.

Also, if you're not using party chat, it's a very impersonal thing with just gestures for communication. The only signs that you're playing with people and not AI are the names and the fact people, unlike AI, can actually die every now and then.

Game came out last friday in EU but isn't out in US until tuesday. Koei EU > Koei US.

Yeah, the additional unique skills of each party member as well as now having a pretty wide selection to choose from makes going online even less attractive.

And Agility+ (Dual) is as broken as I remember it. At least many new Oni have heavy Multihitattacks, but they are pretty easy to see and right now only hit me when I'm in total autopilot mode.

That said, when do I reach the new Ultimate level? I'm already at Ch. 11 and reached a new tier of stars, but nothing's changed. Is that Online only?

Ogawa-san

I still don't have the game but I've went through the JP mission list while updating that mitama checklist. Ultimate missions
start at chapter/phase 13, so you'll have one chapter (32 missions!) and four phases (108 missions) worth of them

I still don't have the game but I've went through the JP mission list while updating that mitama checklist. Ultimate missions
start at chapter/phase 13, so you'll have one chapter (32 missions!) and four phases (108 missions) worth of them
What is up with that total number and Asian mythology? Shows up alot!

wilflare

tumblr_n1mhl9Ekls1r0lwogo3_250.gif

riiiight

<3.<3

#BestOnVita

OK, I finished AOD but I didn't attempt ch 6-7. I'm about to finish all the special missions in the demo. When kiwami releases on Tuesday, can I start on chapter 8 with my save or am I hosed?

You'll only be able to continue where you left off in the story. Though you can start again with your current inventory if you so desire :p

That said, I think you only need to finish the missions in red on chapters 6 and 7 to move into chapter 8.

I spent almost all weekend grinding through the 2 chapters so I was relieved to get to chapter 8, even though I only did it because I ran out of inventory space...

PSN name is HiddenAway if anyone wants to run something. Send me a message via PSN if you see me playing Toukiden Kiwami. Haven't done much of the online so I think I'm on phase 3 or 4.

vato_loco

Never played it before. Downloaded the demo. Played the demo. Loved it. Will buy it.

It's just really fun to play, even though I've not tried any other weapons than the Sword. I'll give the other ones a shot today.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Never played it before. Downloaded the demo. Played the demo. Loved it. Will buy it.

It's just really fun to play, even though I've not tried any other weapons than the Sword. I'll give the other ones a shot today.

What platform?

Jathaine

I can hardly wait. I ordered from Amazon so its likely 24+ hours til my copy gets here but I'm playing AoD and the demo til then.

I need to refarm Izanami though... forging right before Kiwami was probably not a smart idea. I want to have my DCT set ready as soon as it drops!

I am very new to this game and it is very thin at explaining stuff. I just killed the 2nd Oni boss without knowing much what is going on. I am fighting with a big ass sword 'ATK'. What does that mean? Does it mean if is an attack type of weapon (aren't they all?).

Also, it is a good idea to find one weapon I like and stick to it or different Oni are best attacked with different weapons?

One last thing, I have noticed that the mitami can be upgraded but also be calmed down. Is that to make it weaker again? Why would one want to do that? Thanks:)

Card Boy

Banned
I am fighting with a big ass sword 'ATK'. What does that mean? Does it mean if is an attack type of weapon (aren't they all?).

It means you have a Attack Style Mitama in your weapon. Read the OP on the different types you have. They give you passive abilities when they level up as well as 3 different skills depending on the Type.

Also, it is a good idea to find one weapon I like and stick to it or different Oni are best attacked with different weapons?

Stick with what you like.

Ogawa-san

Weapon TYPES don't mean much (or at all). Most weapons have a kind of elemental attack attached to them though, and almost all bosses have elemental strengths and vulnerabilities. You can see a few here.

Changing weapons for each mission is a lot of work and not really worth it, but if you're off to farm a certain boss using one they're weak against will make things faster.
One last thing, I have noticed that the mitami can be upgraded but also be calmed down. Is that to make it weaker again? Why would one want to do that? Thanks:)
Mitamas gain a new ability at each level, but you can only have up to 3 at time and you have to "forget" one to make space. If you got it to a high level and want a different set of abilities, you can calm it down to lv1.

Dineren

Banned
How is the difficulty in the full version? I played through the special missions in the demo and found them to be pretty easy. I've played a lot of monster hunter, but I'm not that great at it. I guess I could try playing through them solo instead of using AI party members, but I'd prefer to play with full parties if possible.

How is the difficulty in the full version? I played through the special missions in the demo and found them to be pretty easy. I've played a lot of monster hunter, but I'm not that great at it. I guess I could try playing through them solo instead of using AI party members, but I'd prefer to play with full parties if possible.
They get harder as the game goes on, my goal is to be able to solo the story Oni, no npc's, and maybe do the multiple oni at once battles with just one NPC helping to run interference.

Kinda disappointed with how little attention this is getting. Sure it's not as good as MH4U, but it's still a pretty damn solid game.

I feel like releasing at the same time as Bloodborne and not long after MH4U was just sending the game to die.

Off to gamestop to get my game, thank you MLB game midnight release!

Kinda disappointed with how little attention this is getting. Sure it's not as good as MH4U, but it's still a pretty damn solid game.

I feel like releasing at the same time as Bloodborne and not long after MH4U was just sending the game to die.
Maybe, I think the solid reviews and word of mouth will get people on board, bloodborne scratches on itch, this game scratches another.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

I agree. BB is an amazing game, but Toukiden is a great game too...i really hope it gains some attention

Kas

After playing the demo to death, I think I mastered the sickle. This is one of the single most fun weapons I've used in a hunting game. It controls in such a unique way and it kicks ass. Nothing like being able to sweep it through a group of enemies or a large Oni.

I can't wait till this comes Wednesday.

Xenoflare

ebgames got the copy on Sunday and asked me to pick it up. Though i had to go back for the preorder outfit dlc since the guy who rang me up didn't know there is a dlc.

Rifles are amazing

and i cannot believe EB games just actively broke the street date. In Canada it says it's coming out on the 1st for EB and online only for best buy on the 31st

Edit: I'm in Canada

tribal24

Banned

so far it seems like the more party memebers you include the easier the normal monsters are. For the bigger Oni's they just take a while to kill I have died a few times with a full party of npcs.But it is getting harder to me.

Rephin

Loved the original version of the game, definitely in for this iteration. My (Vita) copy's coming in today, but I probably won't get started on it until I finish Bloodborne. Kind of tempted to get a PS4 copy, though.

Loved the original version of the game, definitely in for this iteration. My (Vita) copy's coming in today, but I probably won't get started on it until I finish Bloodborne. Kind of tempted to get a PS4 copy, though.

Could consider getting both if it's within your budget. The save transfer is really easy and convenient and I've been enjoying playing the Vita version on the bus to work and the PS4 version when I'm home after work.

I played a lot of the demo on PS4 and it convinced me to get the full game, though there's no way I'll be able to get in on the hunting right when it's out. But I'll keep my eye on this thread for when I want someone to do co op with.

PSN: ArclightBorealis

First full hunting game I'll actually play, kinda exciting the prospect of it. No MH4 because no n3DS, so this will be an acceptable substitute.

jackal27

Banned
Why do people keep saying the Vita has no games? Nearly every week lately there is something new I want and don't have time to play/money to buy it. I'm craving Oreshika and now this as well...

Someday... Someday...

Manbig

Played the demo for this and enjoyed the hell out of it, but I don't have the cash to throw down on it any time soon. I'll try to grab it in a month or two. Hopefully some of you will still be active by then.

I have two questions :)

1. I have noticed that in the bottom right corner, near Traingle, Square, Circle, etc. there is a number. What does that number represent?

2. White fighting I have noticed that one of my team members had a glowing purple aura with some symbols around him. What does it mean?

Thanks!

Kalavaras

Banned
Hows the multiplayer? I'm HUNGRY for some monster hunterish action on console after I'm done with Bloodborne and this might just do it if the multiplayer is any good.

YoungOne

Still contemplating on buying the both versions instead of just the vita version.

Adding my psn to the list: hypeman123

Top Bottom