• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2011 Official Thread (July 2-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kottila

Voeckler 1 point behind Hoogeland in the KOM competition after two mountains. They'll fight for it on the next 5 peaks.

Wes

venison crêpe
Another crash!

Edit: Holy crap it's Vinokourov and two others who had an almighty incident it seems.

Boozeroony

Gold Member
Vino. Holy shit. That was a terrifying crash. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that guy from omega-pharma lying on the ground.

Boozeroony

Gold Member
AdventureRacing said:
Terrible crash, hope there aren't many injuries. This tour de france is starting to get a little weird, so many big names involved in crashes.

For some reason I have a soft spot for Vino. I think he will abandon the race. :(

edit: Amazing climbing skills by Hoogerland!

kottila

With all these people down and the time lost on that, Voeckler will probably wear yellow tomorrow. over 6 minutes now.

Kabouter

kottila said:
With all these people down and the time lost on that, Voeckler will probably wear yellow tomorrow. over 6 minutes now.
Seems like it, what the hell is up with all the falls in the tour this year? :/

Boozeroony said:
For some reason I have a soft spot for Vino. I think he will abandon the race. :(

Same he used to be one of my favorites. I remember cheering him on heaps in i think 2007 (?) when he tried a break away and was chased down by his own team.

Kinda lost a lot fo respect for him after the whole doping thing though.

kottila said:

Classy move by Thor to sacrifice the yellow to slow down the peloton.

kottila

Don't know what's going on now. Seemed to be a heated discussion up front and they're really not cycling now. Are they giving everyone a chance to come back? Voeckler will have ten minutes if this continues

Pacbois

kottila said:
Don't know what's going on now. Seemed to be a heated discussion up front and they're really not cycling now. Are they giving everyone a chance to come back? Voeckler will have ten minutes if this continues

Apparently, Gilbert asked the TV Moto how bad it is for Van de Broek.

Pacbois

Jalabert just said on French TV that they will probably let the Yellow for Voeckler and let Europcar control the race until the Pyrénées.

kottila

The pack broken up into two big groups. 6 seconds between them. They're riding hard now

Seems like they're going to try to catch them. Alot of people that will appreciate the rest day tomorrow.

Kabouter said:
Yeah, Hoogerland is great, true attacking rider too, and I like that.

Vacansoleil has been far more entertaining to watch than Rabo. They're animating the race--hell, Lieuwe Westra was off the front 3 stages in the past week. And now Hoogerland is doing his thing... This team is really growing on me.

Zabriskie a broken wrist? That's so unfortunate, he was a monster this past week, pulling the peloton reeling in break-aways, with his trademark aero position.

bjaelke

perryfarrell said:
Zabriskie a broken wrist? That's so unfortunate, he was a monster this past week, pulling the peloton reeling in break-aways, with his trademark aero position.
Yeah Zabriskie is really a joy to watch on the bike.

Damage report: Van den Broek has a broken collarbone. Vino has a fractured hip/pelvis and Zabriskie has a broken wrist.

Boozeroony

Gold Member
perryfarrell said:
Vacansoleil has been far more entertaining to watch than Rabo. They're animating the race--hell, Lieuwe Westra was off the front 3 stages in the past week. And now Hoogerland is doing his thing... This team is really growing on me.

Rabo has been shit last couple of years... Bad tactics and no balls.

kottila

bjaelke said:
I find it hard to believe, but it certainly looks like it. I wonder if Karpets will be starting on Tuesday.

WTF! Flecha and Hoogerlad was just run down by a car! what a day

about Karpets. Not easy too see what happens in the pack. could be a good reason why he had to steer left.

LEARN HOW TO DRIVE YOU FRICKEN IDIOTS

Hoogerland doin the ride of his life, fricken camera car tosses him in the barbed wire fence.... SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom