• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2011 Official Thread (July 2-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

I wouldn't worry too much about missing a bit early on, first interesting stuff is likely to happen at the intermediate sprint at the 119km mark. That's quite some time away.

Hanmik

Kabouter said:
I wouldn't worry too much about missing a bit early on, first interesting stuff is likely to happen at the intermediate sprint at the 119km mark. That's quite some time away.

I know.. but I´m at work, and bored like HELL.. and I love the tranquility and peace of the tv pictures. the scenery and the peace is some of the stuff I love most about Le Tour De France..

Wes

venison crêpe
Woah Geraint Thomas was so close to going down that hill.

And again! He's got a problem for sure.

Wes

venison crêpe
kottila said:
Same turn? Must be something in the road. I thought Thomas was going over the edge there.

Yup same turn. Luckily Thomas threw himself off the bike before it took him down the hill.

Hanmik

Col Du Tormalet.. here we go..

hmm. the yellow jersey seems to be having a hard day.. he crashed into a car.. and his bike broke.. so new person in the jersey if he keeps fucking up..

and Klöden seems lost to..

froliq

Hanmik said:
Col Du Tormalet.. here we go..

hmm. the yellow jersey seems to be having a hard day.. he crashed into a car.. and his bike broke.. so new person in the jersey if he keeps fucking up..

and Klöden seems lost to..
Voeckler would still lose his jersey anyway if people decide to attack today.

kottila

TheGoldenGunman said:
Team Leopold Trek taking the front of the peleton, is this the start of an attack by the Schlecks?!

They might just try to lose as many as possible up Tourmalet and then let the Schleks attack up Luz

Hanmik

Kung Fu Jedi said:
They look like a cycling train of Terminators just going about their work.

but they are killing lots fo there own team mates as well..

and Tony Martin from HTC.. damn..

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
For me it's a mistake unless Leopard can break the main contenders.

They are weakening their hand before the last climb. The Schlecks aren't known for attacking. They don't want to be left alone if they crack on the last climb.

Hanmik said:
but they are killing lots fo there own team mates as well..

They're doing their job. Sacrificing a few of the domestiques for the good of the Schlecks. That's what those guys are there for. No on expected Cancellara to get over the Tourmelet unscathed.

Hanmik

Kung Fu Jedi said:
They're doing their job. Sacrificing a few of the domestiques for the good of the Schlecks. That's what those guys are there for. No on expected Cancellara to get over the Tourmelet unscathed.

but the Schlecks have nothing to show.. believe me.. they will flop.. they are killing the wrong people here.

kottila

Hanmik said:
but the Schlecks have nothing to show.. believe me.. they will flop.. they are killing the wrong people here.

They still have to try. If they don't trust them, they don't really have a reason to be in France at all since their whole team is made for them to win

Hanmik

kottila said:
They still have to try. If they didn't believe in them, they don't really have a reason to be there.

sure they have a job to do, and they are doing it.. but look at the faces of the 2 brothers.. Andy looks like he is having a hard time.. Franck looks a little better.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
They are making it harder for an early attack from their rivals, and probably limiting any potential losses to the final climb only.

Hanmik said:
sure they have a job to do, and they are doing it.. but look at the faces of the 2 brothers.. Andy looks like he is having a hard time.. Franck looks a little better.

There have been questions about Andy's form all year long, but the shots I've seen of them they've looked more than fine.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
It seems to be a typical Schleck loss limitation tactic, rather than a race winning tactic. It's all about stopping Alberto popping over the top of the Tourmalet.

kottila

Darth Sonik said:
It seems to be a typical Schleck loss limitation tactic, rather than a race winning tactic. It's all about stopping Alberto popping over the top of the Tourmalet.

They're trying to isolate everyone from their helpers, so that Leopard is the only team with two cyclists left, so they can take turns attacking Contador

Hanmik

I think Gilbert thinks he can win Tour De France.. he goes for something special every day..

it really looks like Leopard S. are trying to make sure that Contador is not getting any chances to go ahead.. .. the brothers are not attacking themselves.. just trying to eliminate any chances of contador getting back some of the time he is behind..

kottila

Hanmik said:
I think Gilbert thinks he can win Tour De France.. he goes for something special every day..

He could catch Cav if he's out in front getting points on the next stages (but he wn't get any today)

Hanmik

why is Andy or Contador not trying anything..? are they waiting for when they catch the front group..?

wauw .. contador is loosing all his support riders one by one..

Hanmik said:
why is Andy or Contador not trying anything..? are they waiting for when they catch the front group..?

The first day in the mountains is normally all about survival. There have already been a few casualties that are out of the tour just because of today (Kloden, for example).

If there is an attack, wait till about 5KM out. Iban Basso looks like he might fancy it today...

Hanmik said:

There is still a lot of racing to go. The Alps is where this Tour will be decided, although Contador does have some time to make up, so expect him to make a move in the days ahead. He can't wait for a chain to pop off this year.

Hanmik

Contador needs like 1½ minute to reach Andy.. it´s about time he shows that it is possible to get the lost time back.. right now he is just sitting there,..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom