• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2017 |OT|

Joni

Now it is happening. But Martin bringing the pack back. If only Porte hadn't taken him out in that descent.

boxoctosis

Some effort from Froome here. I thought he was fucked and wouldn't be able to bridge that gap. David Millar is claiming it was c 45 seconds. Scenes.

Maybe DuMoulin can put a dent into it next year, but Sky has truly ruined TdF. I mean jesus this is embarrassing to watch.

edit: the conspiracy theorist in me wonders why Froome always needs a bike or rear wheel change before destroying the field.

Maybe DuMoulin can put a dent into it next year, but Sky has truly ruined TdF. I mean jesus this is embarrassing to watch.

edit: the conspiracy theorist in me wonders why Froome always needs a bike or rear wheel change before destroying the field.
Your Froome hate is strong 😅.

Joni

Sky isn't being very smart. Shouldn't have Landa drive after Martin. He has a 1m26. He is a larger danger for Uran, Aru and Bardet than he is for Froome.
Edit: it is nice that the De Gendt and Geschke are helping Martin. And Matthews going all out in the sprint, for place 16... The first place without points.

luchadork

i'm so fucking salty right now. froome managed to catch a break away with all the other gc contenders led by ag2r's whole team going mental up a 14% ascent after a mechanical failure. this guy is so fucking suss.

and now he's finishing it by sprinting.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Aru during this stage, did he even participate?

No important GC changes except Martin up to 1'13" and Quintana dead.

Addnan

How people hate Froome I don't understand. The guy is a monster. Hate the other riders for not trying. What the fuck did Aru do all day, fuck all, AG2R had chances, they fucked up. Love my Froomey.

Ruruja

I think AG2R went too hard. That group was just on the limit and that's why Froome got back (helped by Nieve's monster turn).

Also great win by Mollema! My velo team isn't in freefall after all.

Froome and his team are out of this world. Nieve's push to get back in the group was just ridiculous. And ouch at Quintana. 4 minutes on today's stage.

Aru ba fari coddai! I gave up on him and Astana, I just don't see it happening anymore.

i've been following this shit for far too long. people loved armstrong too.

There's was nothing that remarkable about his catch today. He rode down 4 mediocre AG2R domestiques with the help of three teammates.

I'm guessing the profile of the stage discouraged the other gc contenders from attacking since they likely would be pulled back in the run in.

Lets leave the doping speculation out of this. Froome has literally nothing dodgy whatsoever in his past. The rumours and speculation about Armstrong were huge years and years before it came out. Everyone knew he was bent.

Froome may not be very charismatic and the Team Sky TDF victory forumla is boring as fuck but he's clearly a decent bloke and a great rider who has shown his quality many times when his opponents looked to have the jump on him (at least in the TDF anyway). Today was just another example.

If Froome wins this one, you can't say that he just followed wheels and his power meter to do it this time and the race has been much better for it.

He's always going to have the upper hand until someone builds a team around another GC rider who can TT.

Lets leave the doping speculation out of this. Froome has literally nothing dodgy whatsoever in his past. The rumours and speculation about Armstrong were huge years and years before it came out. Everyone knew he was bent.

Froome may not be very charismatic and the Team Sky TDF victory forumla is boring as fuck but he's clearly a decent bloke and a great rider who has shown his quality many times when his opponents looked to have the jump on him (at least in the TDF anyway). Today was just another example.

If Froome wins this one, you can't say that he just followed wheels and his power meter to do it this time and the race has been much better for it.

He's always going to have the upper hand until someone builds a team around another GC rider who can TT.

People dislike Froome cause he wins. I understand that. But he's a magnificent rider. I grew fond of him because of the whole Wiggins/Froome. He clearly could have fucked him up and he didn't. He did a bit of show off, sure, but he was there for him. A bit like Landa today. I respect that a lot.

It's because of the Wiggins thing that I think Froome has every right to ask Landa to put aside his own ambitions while he's working for him. Froome gave up a Tour and a Vuelta for Wiggins. In hindsight, it's a shame that Wiggins was prefered to Froome in the first place but at the time he was obviously the senior rider.

Top Bottom