• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2017 |OT|

teepo

Is it wrong that I really want to see Froome break? I mean it wont happen, but it would make the end of the race far more interesting.

it's only wrong because you're a brit but even the ex-pats i know in the states don't like froome

and landa better hope froome breaks because he'll need all the help he can get in the final tt

teepo

now the real question would it be wrong in wanting to see froome crash another picnic on the descent right now while isolated and not in the yellow?

teepo

if contador is pulling i might imagine the four of them came to some sort of agreement to give him the win?

edit: nm. just trying to figure out wtf contandor was saying to everyone

JPKellams

I've been obnoxiously wrong about this tour so far (Aru, what!?), but 2 minutes down for Quintana with the Izoard on the table is going to make for a very interesting last few days.

teepo

I've been obnoxiously wrong about this tour so far (Aru, what!?), but 2 minutes down for Quintana with the Izoard on the table is going to make for a very interesting last few days.

well the last time quintana did hook up with contador, he did end up winning the tour vuelta and i have a feeling this won't be the last we see of contador doing contadory things

nairo with two minutes means that if he's still in his 2015 form like he was today, one bad day could cost everyone the race. with the col d'izoard coming up, we might see a repeat of the alpe d'huez in 2015.

Aru can't follow every attack. He doesn't have a good team so it's going to be very difficult for him.

well, nobody had support other than froome in all the gc breaks today. it speaks volume that despite team sky ostensibly breaking down, they're still in a much better position than everyone else.

Loris146

well the last time quintana did hook up with contador, he did end up winning the tour and i have a feeling this won't be the last we see of contador doing contadory things

nairo with two minutes means that if he's still in his 2015 form like he was today, one bad day could cost everyone the race. with the col d'izoard coming up, we might see a repeat of the alpe d'huez in 2015.

well, nobody had support other than froome in all the gc breaks today. it speaks volume that despite team sky ostensibly breaking down, they're still in a much better position than everyone else.

Yeah but only Aru must defend the yellow jersey. Of course Sky is by far the better team in the Tour.

teepo

with their vortex generated aero suits, at least 1.5 mins

that is assuming froome is in form and landa hasn't gone rogue. i don't think landa is much of a time trialist

Addnan

Stage 21 of Giro was 29km fully flat, Quintana was 1:39 behind stage winner Jos van Emden and 1:24 to Dumoulin. This won't be an entirely flat TT, 9% climb thrown in to add to the fun. So maybe a minute if Froome is on form?

tour-de-france-2017-stage-20-1495792588.png

Really surprised how Sky left Frrome so isolated. Had something happened to him then he would have been fucked with no teammate to pace him back.

wtf. he looks like he just escaped from auschwitz

Welcome to the sexy world of endurance athlete bodies (I'm an endurance athlete).

:(

I spends so much time in the gym trying to stave off looking like that, but with all that cardio (and cortisol), it's basically an inevitability.

luchadork

Welcome to the sexy world of endurance athlete bodies (I'm an endurance athlete).

:(

I spends so much time in the gym trying to stave off looking like that, but with all that cardio (and cortisol), it's basically an inevitability.

its the posture that does it. poor dan is basically contorted! what a warrior.

(btw what sport you do?)

Addnan

They said he was leading the climb at a decent speed because if somebody else attacked he wouldn't be able to get out of his saddle to put power down.

Top Bottom