• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2017 |OT|

Addnan

What. The Fuck. Froome into yellow in this?

Good sprint for Mathews. Deserved after being close a few times on flat stages.

Uran and Martin remembered to pay attention. Bardet messed up not being able to follow Naesen.

Don't you worry, the Tour organization will penalize Uran and Martin with 10 minutes for breathing in the last 100 km
and for not being French.

Urán is doing a wonderful Tour. I hope he manages a podium finish.

Addnan

Some Astana rider said Aru couldn't hold teams wheels and wasn't working enough to try. I didn't see it, just read some comments that's what is being said in that team.

Some Astana rider said Aru couldn't hold teams wheels and wasn't working enough to try. I didn't see it, just read some comments that's what is being said in that team.

On the last page I said Aru was far back, at that time Astana had two guys behind Sky and Aru was on the other side of the peloton.

Aru couldn't;t hold the wheel. I think the speed was just too much for him over that final ten. Also doesn't help that this is one of the least Italian teams Astana has had. I think Aru would have felt stronger if he was on the wheel of Cataldo or Scarponi, if he was still with us.

Here's the Valgren interview: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWktmicAB2G/

I'm thinking Aru has a crap deal in Astana. Basically he's young and can't project authority like Nibali, so other riders rebel against him. Don't know which team he'd fit in though. Sky super domestique so that Froome can win 2018 too? :p

As I said, this is a team lacking a strong Italian presence. Even worse now that Cataldo is out.

to make things worse the contract situation was revealed, not sure how many guys are gonna want to work for a guy who wants to earn so much more than them.

I personally expect him to sign with Emirates for next year.

I know I am biased, but whoever he signs for will have the one of the two best GT rider about to enter his peak, the other beinf Nairo.

As I said, this is a team lacking a strong Italian presence. Even worse now that Cataldo is out.

to make things worse the contract situation was revealed, not sure how many guys are gonna want to work for a guy who wants to earn so much more than them.

I'm not sure what being Italian has anything to do with it. Valgren was clearly trying to work for Aru. Despite his Vuelta win, Aru does seem to need a mentor of some sort to teach him how to ride like a leader though.

Pinning my anti-Froome hopes on Uran.

I'm not sure what being Italian has anything to do with it. Valgren was clearly trying to work for Aru. Despite his Vuelta win, Aru does seem to need a mentor of some sort to teach him how to ride like a leader though.

All the THC in Uran's system makes him immune to pain. He can do it.

It is nice to have a rider who speaks your language and can help motivate you when you are in trouble. Especially a guy like Scarponi.

It is nice to have a rider who speaks your language and can help motivate you when you are in trouble. Especially a guy like Scarponi.

You're not wrong, but I'd hope in my GC contender that winning the TdF would be motivation enough. I think Scarponi's personality would be missed on any team, regardless of language. Tragedy.

Say what you will about Froome and Armstrong, but part of the reason of the domination of their teams is their leader's ability to get along with and get the best from riders from all over the world. Cycling is political, it's something Contador had to learn and I think something Quintana and Aru have still yet to fully grasp.

You're not wrong, but I'd hope in my GC contender that winning the TdF would be motivation enough. I think Scarponi's personality would be missed on any team, regardless of language. Tragedy.

Say what you will about Froome and Armstrong, but part of the reason of the domination of their teams is their leader's ability to get along with and get the best from riders from all over the world. Cycling is political, it's something Contador had to learn and I think something Quintana and Aru have still yet to fully grasp.

Very true.

Aru just turned 27, hopefully he will develop that mentality as he starts his peak years.

Thing about Froome and Armstrong is that they are/were undisputed #1.

yagal

Landa now
TGNz0rC.png

Joni

It will cost power, but he isn't alone and he is constantly aiming at new groups that are dropping from the peloton. It is different from someone that was let go because he wasn't good enough. Already up to Quintana.

Top Bottom