• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Towerfall: Ascension |OT| (PC, PS4) 2014's Best Reviewed T_____fall game

I'm gonna join the "no online, no buy" crowd. Not out of principle, of course, but I only have one controller and all my gaming pals live at least an hour away. Shame.

Afraid I have to do the same.
Shame because the game looks like a blast. I just don't want to buy another controller right now. Especially with Ground Zeroes, Second Son and FFX/X-2 HD right around the corner.

Gilby

Just thought I'd point out again how fantastic dash-canceling is. It's a bit like wave-dashing in SSB, but easier to pull off and more useful. It really lets you zip around the screen, which is of course useful for getting around quickly, but is also easier to slip up and get yourself killed if you're not extra careful. It's easily the biggest addition from vanilla TFall.

Just saw this:

7r2uB.png

Awww, that's five eastern time. The day is almost over by then.

scakko84

When does ps store update the content? It's 6pm here in italy and it's not available yet...

Edit:

If i'm not wrong...
2:00 pm PST => 10:00 pm CET

DryvBy

I moved and don't have local friends anymore. Not even family. So first I need to buy a friend, then I can buy the game, buy a second controller and then play.

My wallet is not fat. Or my patience for new local friends.

Alchemy

I considered making a thread about this article but I don't think it'd actually lead to any good conversation. People would just continue to be like "...but I don't have gaming friends" to which the appropriate response is "then make some or don't buy the game". They're already doing that second part.

Yup, there really is no discussion to be had on the subject. Those who don't need online can pick it up and have a blast, those of us who do just won't be buying it unfortunately.

Edit:
Just saw this:

7r2uB.png

Awww, that's five eastern time. The day is almost over by then.
Just saw playstation tweet that the update will be delayed today, not sure if that is on top of the time you posted or not.

Any word on a demo for this? It would be a cool PS plus game next month, not sure if anything else is slated to come out. But I would like to try to see if the single player stuff is worth it for the majority of the time when I don't have people at my house to play video games

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I wonder how much mileage I could get out of the single player content. I don't have many gamer friends or a second controller for my PS4, so for now I'm not gonna be doing any local. I'm running out of games to play on my PS4, so I might give it a shot.

I'm curious if the developer will make any updates to the game.. Would be fun to play a "VIP" mode for FFA/2v2 for instance or to be able to add bots to offline versus.

Wonder if we'll ever see a sequel. Looks like a game that could really become bigger given a decent initial success.

Anyone have a list of all the variants?

I first purchased it on the Ouya waaaaaaay back when it first came out. (I know I know I bought an Ouya lol.) It was the only game I purchased for it and loved it. Just bought the game again and man I forgot how good it was. I stopped playing it because I stopped using my Ouya months ago. lol. Man I really hope they do patch in online multiplayer some day. Oh well, I guess until then a lan party with my buddies will have to do.

I hope everyone who is tempted to buy this game does it; It is really good!

P.S. If you can find a Russian Steam user he can sell you the game for less. I got it for $9. :)

Iacobellis

This is getting ridiculous. The last time I can remember the PSN Store being updated so late was when Gravity Rush came out.

PBY

Banned
Wow, some of the trials are super demanding (for the "diamond" ranking).
In SP?

Looking for anything that will let me get value out of this given no online. I wanna try it but local competitive isn't happening.

Zia

In SP?

Looking for anything that will let me get value out of this given no online. I wanna try it but local competitive isn't happening.

Yeah, they're little tests where you have to, for instance (because that's all I've done so far), navigate a level and hit targets as quickly as possible. Reminds me of little challenges Brawl had. You get rated for completing them under a certain time, and there are achievements tied to their completion.

Top Bottom