• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Town puts Punisher emblem, ‘Blue Lives Matter’ on police cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
nazi%20skull%20hat.jpeg

MsKrisp

Because the criminals always get away with proper due process, they've got "warriors" to gun 'em down and handle it in the streets...

Even if they didn't know the exact symbolism of the punisher logo, it's still ridiculous that they would put fucking skulls on their police cars.

SKULLS.

Fucking idiots.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom

According to the Lexington Herald-Leader, the Catlettsburg Police Department, added the Punisher skull, complete with Blue Lives Matter slogan and flag decal, to eight of its vehicles. The city council and mayor approved the designs, which were essentially funded by local taxpayers. It’s part of a statewide effort to legally safeguard “Blue Lives Matter,” a pro-police movement, including a bill (which passed the House earlier this month) that would make attacking police officers a hate crime.

Holyshit...wtf America..

Holyshit...wtf America..

America is a massive country and it's much bigger than whole Europe. We are bound to have some little trashy towns like those especially in the south east of the country. Isolation coupled with ignorance can be a very powerful tools to hate other groups of people.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm surprised at the way a comic book character could be this grade of iconic material, for a symbol of policemen. Weird.

Living in VA, I see it fairly regularly on pickup trucks alongside confederate flags and stickers of deer antlers. Frustrates the shit out of me every time I see it.

Apathy

Logan himself previously told the Lexington Herald-Leader that he considered it to be a “warrior logo,” and didn’t know it was associated with the comic book The Punisher.

Dense mother fuckers. Why would you put an emblem in something without finding out what it means first. Reminds of all the idiots that go and get tattoos of Chinese or Japanese characters because they think it means something like happiness or love but really means horse anus but they're too stupid to take 5 minutes to check it.

The fact they see themselves as "warriors" is a huge issue in itself. When have police ever been described as warriors? Thats not ogod thinking.

The fact that city officials are dumb enough to sign off on a logo that is a clear copyright infringement of a popular Marvel character is terrifying in its own way.

Part of me thinks that Frank Castle wouldnt be ok with the cops acting the way they do and killing innocent civilians or abusing their power AND getting paid desk leave. Like that off duty cop who fired at some kids and the kids were arrested.

Harlock

Not directly related, but Punisher 2099 has a very current concept, where you need pay an insurance to have police.

Punisher-2099-1-8-10-11-12-13.jpg

I love Marvel 2099 so much.

Glix

The fact that city officials are dumb enough to sign off on a logo that is a clear copyright infringement of a popular Marvel character is terrifying in its own way.

Nah. Sueing the cops is PR suicide, they know they don't have to worry about that.

Minority makes a slogan to highlight recent disturbing trends the law enforcement has against them.

Law enforcement responds with their own slogan. Plus a skull logo that represents a character that does disturbing things.

That sure showed them!

Glix

Here is an opinion piece from the local paper about a Rehab clinic they were trying to get open in this town.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/opinion/zack-kouns-if-not-now-when/article_b21cb538-f943-11e6-b463-034c17e45299.html

I THOUGHT YOU WANTED FUCKING JOBS PEOPLE. Shit makes me so sad.

This has turned out pretty interesting for me, as in my research its pretty clear this is the sort of town we are all talking about when we talk about trumpers.

Was an important stop on the way out to the frontier, way back in the day. Continued to grow. Once the interstates were built it lost a lot of its economy. It also has an oil refinery and is in "coal country" so their economy is under further duress. Their population is about 2k, down from a high of 10k.

Town is almost all white.

I also like how towns like this had no problem using a giant amount of federal resources to make it so the town wouldn't flood anymore, but minorities on social programs are leeches.

TalonJH

I live in Kentucky(admittedly in an urban more liberal bubble city) but I had never heard of Catlettsburg. I looked it up and there are about 1,960 people there and 1.12% are African American. That means about 22 black people live there. Even if BLM was the buggyman these people believe, black people are basically an endangered species there. Who are they standing up against? These cops are delusional. They need to come back to reality or be replaced. I would be afraid to live in that town, especially if there are only 21 other black people there.

This town is very much in the same geographic region as my hometown.

Needless to say I'm not surprised. Our police cars have "In God We Trust" on them, which is admittedly no where as stupid or offensive as the concept of "Blue Lives Matter"

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Government has already clearly shown that blue lives matter more than anyone else's to them by making the penalties for killing cops steeper than those for killing civilians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom