• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Town puts Punisher emblem, ‘Blue Lives Matter’ on police cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying that "Blue Lives Matter" symbolizes "keeping your community safe" means you define your community as other cops, not the people you're supposed to be protecting. Again, a serious problem with thinking among cops, that protecting police comes before protecting people. A complete abandonment of any notion that the job entails any degree of sacrifice or risk for the people doing it.

Respectfully, you're the only one with misperceptions about the job of the police:

http://inthesetimes.com/working/entry/17505/police_and_poor_people

TalonJH

Ya'll too deep. Your average person thinks of The Punisher as one or all of the following:

1.) Badass.
2.) Takes no prisoners.
3.) Don't want to hear the excuses.
4.) Payback god.
5.) Judge, jury, executioner.
6.) Might get punched if you look at him disrespectfully.
7.) Big guns
8.) Permanent plot armor. Scumbags can't kill him.
9.) You may start something, but he'll finish it and I will win.
10.) Takes whatever you can throw at him and keeps comin.

Basically an edgier variant of Judge Dredd. Most people neither read comics nor give a shit about his demons or inner conflicts. The surface is all that is needed, as these are shallow, surface people in the first place.

My wife's aunt's conservative gun worshipping husband idealizes The Punished for those exact reasons. He talked to me about the character because he knows I'm into comics. I try to be nice to him because he is my wife's family but he was dumbfounded when I mentioned he was an 'anti-hero' and partially satire. He just didn't get it.

nazi%20skull%20hat.jpeg

CTZd7VqWsAAkW8X.png

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Punisher is a vigilante who kills with impunity and ignores the law while enforcing it on those he considers undesirables.

So I guess its use here is appropriate.

Would the Punisher do a drive-by on a kid? I don't think so.

So is Marvel / Disney going to do something about this or....?

Months later Disney be like "first we heard 'bout it" then go silent and not do anything.

Which is why they need a press to ask them directly if they're gonna do anything about it, force the ball in their court. Doing nothing now has consequences.

Forkball

You've really got to re-examine your goals when you choose to represent yourself with the decapitated, skinless head of another human.

I have no doubt this is real, but can I get a link to the story behind it?

I remember a story I saw awhile back where there were cops getting skull tats or something for every "justified" killing they had or something sick like that.

Edit:

Disregard. Google is my friend.

Disgusting.

When you start considering the Punisher a role model instead of a cautionary tale that is when you've gone completely off the fucking deep end

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mankind's evolution has made it too easy for dumb people to live. In an ideal world these fucks wouldn't survive their first winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom