• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale (October 11th-17th)

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
and sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the shipping speed for the the free shipping being offered on preorders?

Kodiak said:
and sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the shipping speed for the the free shipping being offered on preorders?

When you check out it tells you the speed. It says up to 6-8 days IIRC. Mine are due between the 14th and the 19th.

TSAR

Kodiak said:

it's just standard shipping... according to the website, it says that the orders should arrive in 3-8 days (i was just reading this)

i just picked up mafia II, uncharted, and batman... i'm super excited.

TSAR said:
it's just standard shipping... according to the website, it says that the orders should arrive in 3-8 days (i was just reading this)

i just picked up mafia II, uncharted, and batman... i'm super excited.

When you're checking out and choosing shipping if you click the words it says the length for each type of shipping and then on the confirm order page it gives and date estimate range.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bah, got nothing. There aren't enough full-priced games out to make it work for me and my Toys R Us had absolutely none of the half dozen older cheaper games on my list. So disappointing.

Epcott

I want Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and Afrika, but I don't see Afrika on that site.
I want Bayonetta too, but I don't feel like waiting till January.

Guess I'll have to go to the actual store Tuesday :(
I wanted to use that extra discount code

Epcott said:
I want Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and Afrika, but I don't see Afrika on that site.
I want Bayonetta too, but I don't feel like waiting till January.

Guess I'll have to go to the actual store Tuesday :(
I wanted to use that extra discount code

I want the same 3 games for my PS3 but Afrika isn't on there yet. It doesn't come out until October 13th...but shouldn't it be on the site by now...I mean that's just a day away >>;

I'm wondering what other game I should get in it's place...

lantus

You know what would make my day? I Toys R Us would stock Demon's Souls, so I can complete the holy trinity of Uncharted 2, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Demon's Souls. Christmas would surely come early. :(

GillianSeed79 said:
So what are the odds TRU will be picked clean Tuesday by the time I get off work?

Depends on your location and what you're looking for. Sometimes it's done before noon other places I've gone they still have stuff around thursday or friday that came out that week.

daycru

Heading in Tuesday morning at 10 AM, hopefully they already have Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend and I'm not the annoying guy standing around waiting for the UPS guy to come with the new games.

Struct09

daycru said:
Heading in Tuesday morning at 10 AM, hopefully they already have Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend and I'm not the annoying guy standing around waiting for the UPS guy to come with the new games.

They're both street dated titles, so your local TRU probably already has them and will sell them right away Tuesday morning.

Jarlaxle

I picked up NBA 2K10, Madden 10, Beatles Rockband, Batman: AA, Halo ODST, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Can't wait til they're delivered.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
lantus said:
You know what would make my day? I Toys R Us would stock Demon's Souls, so I can complete the holy trinity of Uncharted 2, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Demon's Souls. Christmas would surely come early. :(

Yep, that's exactly what I wanted to do too. I can't believe they don't carry Demon's Souls.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
TheBrain76 said:
Why do they always have these deals
A) Right after I've just spent a bunch on games

or

B) When I have ZERO money

Why????
The deal is every October. Not hard to plan around that.

Ashhong

so i noticed that when you do it online they calculate the discount by giving 1 free game. since they do it like this, would the placeholder theory work? can i go in and return one of the games i paid for and exchange it for another?

bozeman

Ordered NHL 10, UC2, and Bayonetta. Was going to get Little Big Planet GOTY Edition but it was sold out. I think I'm going to do an el cheapo game order tomorrow consisting of Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Dead Rising, and Crackdown (maybe subbing in Deadly Creatures or Saints Row 2 Collector's Edition) which will be $40 plus shipping. I really want to get Metroid Prime Trilogy and Tiger Woods 10 Wii, so I'll probably be checking back later in the week to see if Little Big Planet GOTY is back in stock. If it isn't, I'll be looking for another game to stack with that order. I'm considering pulling the trigger on Brutal Legend based on the soundtrack alone, but I'm not really into RTS games.

RBH

ShockingAlberto said:
Wait, hold on

The online deal applies to pre-orders?
Certain pre-orders are currently working for this deal on the website.

Here's the list of pre-orders that are working with this deal:

MikeE21286 said:
Here's a quick list for people of preorders identified so far....

Working

Wii
A Boy and His Blob

PS3

Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Brutal Legend
Dark Void
DJ Hero PS3
Heist
Mafia II
MAG
Splatterhouse
Uncharted 2

Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Brutal Legend
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition
Dark Void
Heist
Mafia II
Magna Carta 2
Splatterhouse
Tony Hawk Ride

DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky

Not

Alpha Protocol
Assassin's Creed 2
Blur
Borderlands
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (any version not 360 Prestige Edition)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex
Darksiders
Demon's Souls (not listed)
DJ Hero 360
Dragon Age
Fifa 10
Forza 3
God of War 3 (not listed)
Gran Turismo 5
GTA Chinatown Wars PSP
Guitar Hero Van Halen
Heavy Rain
Jak and Daxter PSP
Left 4 Dead 2
Lost Planet 2
Mass Effect 2 (not listed)
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge PS2
New Super Mario Bros.
Racthet and Clank
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Tekken 6
That Saboteur
Tony Hawk Ride (PS3)
Zelda Spirit Tracks (not listed)

Wrekt

Alright gaf I have a dilemma. I'm picking up Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 tomorrow at Toys R Us for their buy 2 get 1 free deal. I've been craving a fighting game so I've been weighing my options. I've narrowed it down to Blazblue and Street Fighter 4. Which would you pick?

Blazblue is also still $50 while Street Fighter has already had $20 sales so I'd get more for my free game buck. The last Street Fighter I have played was Super Street Fighter 2 and although that was 10 years ago, I'm bad at sticking with fighting games for more than one generation. I usually get tired of fighting game sequels quickly but at least I know I enjoyed the Street Fighter series at one point. So gaf, assuming you were in my position and renting them both is out of the question, which would you pick?

I also posted this in the Blazblue thread but since I only have 24 hours to decide, I figured I'd spread it around since most Blazblue/SF4 haters won't visit those threads much.

do we know if they'll have Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend when doors open tomorrow, or will we most likely need to wait til they receive their shipment in on Tues or even Wed before they'll have it for sale?

torn between ODST or Dead Space Extraction for my 3rd game, I guess I'll have to see what's available at the time

nickrempe

Neo Member
Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum. I plan on getting all achievements/trophies for these games so that should keep my attention until MW2.

Shurs

Wrekt said:
Alright gaf I have a dilemma. I'm picking up Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 tomorrow at Toys R Us for their buy 2 get 1 free deal. I've been craving a fighting game so I've been weighing my options. I've narrowed it down to Blazblue and Street Fighter 4. Which would you pick?

Blazblue is also still $50 while Street Fighter has already had $20 sales so I'd get more for my free game buck. The last Street Fighter I have played was Super Street Fighter 2 and although that was 10 years ago, I'm bad at sticking with fighting games for more than one generation. I usually get tired of fighting game sequels quickly but at least I know I enjoyed the Street Fighter series at one point. So gaf, assuming you were in my position and renting them both is out of the question, which would you pick?

I also posted this in the Blazblue thread but since I only have 24 hours to decide, I figured I'd spread it around since most Blazblue/SF4 haters won't visit those threads much.

Well, it seems like BlazBlue would be the better value if it's $50 and you can get Street Fighter IV for $20.

Edeuinu

For those debating on a 3rd title, just pick up another Uncharted or something and sell it instead of sticking with a cheaper game.

Gryphter said:
do we know if they'll have Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend when doors open tomorrow, or will we most likely need to wait til they receive their shipment in on Tues or even Wed before they'll have it for sale?

torn between ODST or Dead Space Extraction for my 3rd game, I guess I'll have to see what's available at the time

They are both street dated so they should already be "in stock" in the stockroom so they just have to put them out for sale tomorrow.

after some deep, deep thought, I realized that ordering online and saving $10 with that promotional code is more important to me than playing Uncharted 2 immediately; I can wait for shipping.

I ended up going with:

Uncharted 2
Brutal Legend 360
Bayonetta 360

Captain N

Gryphter said:
after some deep, deep thought, I realized that ordering online and saving $10 with that promotional code is more important to me than playing Uncharted 2 immediately; I can wait for shipping.

I ended up going with:

Uncharted 2
Brutal Legend 360
Bayonetta 360

you could've used the $15 code since it goes by the cost of your whole order.

Zabka

Gryphter said:

I ended up going with:

Uncharted 2
Brutal Legend 360
Bayonetta 360
I made the exact same order. Not too concerned about getting single-player games on the release date, so this works out well.

bozeman

Captain N said:
you could've used the $15 code since it goes by the cost of your whole order.

I thought it had been established that if you use the $15 code if your total is less than $150, it adds $5 to the free game???

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Hey guys, have to make a quick post as I gotta go. But if I go to the store in person, do they offer the one's not listed online? Like Demon's souls and such?

Wrekt

Wrekt said:

I just checked the Toys R Us site and they don't offer BlazBlue. First it was Demon's Souls and now this. They just don't want me finding a 3rd game to get.

RBH

Leatherface said:
I can't find Demon's Souls on the website. Is it not available at Toy's R Us or something?
Demon's Souls is only available at the Top 100 TRU stores in the country, so chances are unlikely that you'll find a TRU that's selling it.

EvaPlusMinus said:
Hey guys, have to make a quick post as I gotta go. But if I go to the store in person, do they offer the one's not listed online? Like Demon's souls and such?
Perhaps for a few titles (such as Left 4 Dead for the 360), but otherwise, if it's not online, it's probably not going to be in-store either.

jergrah

I just used the deal to order Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 on ToysRUs.com. Uncharted 2 and BL are for me - Marvel is for my sons.

Anyone try to get gift receipts for the games from customer serivce AFTER they bought the games in store? I did this last year to swap out for games that I wanted in Nov.

bozeman said:
I thought it had been established that if you use the $15 code if your total is less than $150, it adds $5 to the free game???

you're right, I just verified it by adding 3 games to the cart and applying the $15 code.

Top Bottom