• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale (October 11th-17th)

MikeE21286 said:
Is your order at least $150 or more?

If not then it will only give you the $10 discount and you might as well use the $10 off $75 code

It's more than $150 if you include the prices before getting one free, which is what someone said works.

Round 1:

TMNT Smash UP- PS2
Kingdom Hearts- DS
Kirby ( last one :D ) - DS

$5 coupon off coupon = 64.18

round 2

Space Invaders Extreme
Soul Bubbles(last one :D )
Shaun White Snowboarding

= 32.08

Not bad for all that credit I built up ;) If you'll excuse me I need to remind my cousin whose the baddest turtle on the block :D

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is TMNT supposed to be that good? I need a third wii game...

Hey man its a fun fighter based on something me and my cousin can relate to. Yes the game feels like brawl lite but I see nothing wrong with that. Not to mention I'm school this kid with Donny as type this ;) If that isn't fun I don't know what is

Urban Scholar said:
Hey man its a fun fighter based on something me and my cousin can relate to. Yes the game feels like brawl lite but I see nothing wrong with that. Not to mention I'm school this kid with Donny as type this ;) If that isn't fun I don't know what is

I wasn't putting it down, I just know nothing about it and saw it mentioned probably the most out of any wii game in this thread so I was curious.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I wasn't putting it down, I just know nothing about it and saw it mentioned probably the most out of any wii game in this thread so I was curious.

Oh my mistake friend, I definitely recommend it

Captain N said:
kingdom hearts says its in stock...but i get an error when i put it in my cart. anyone else getting this error?

Ya, says something about limited inventory and updating to correct stock.

Edit: Not definite yet but I'm thinking mario kart wii, metroid prime trilogy, and deadspace extraction. Anyone think of something better I should switch out for ?

Captain N

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, says something about limited inventory and updating to correct stock.

Edit: Not definite yet but I'm thinking mario kart wii, metroid prime trilogy, and deadspace extraction. Anyone think of something better I should switch out for ?

A Boy and His Blob looks awesome.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
went to TRU this morning and was told the sale applied to accessories but not any of the cards (ms points). true/false?

AniHawk

It's pretty likely I'll have a PS3 in a few months, but I can only see two cheap games that I know I'd want to play: R&C Future and MGS4. If I can't trade in two games for NSMB Wii and Rabbids Go Home, I'll definitely nab those two.

I went down to Toys R Us just to find out that my local store only allows customers to preorder a handful of games. They only had reserve cards for 2 Wii games.

Ovid

Bastards. I tried getting two cheap games (Burnout Paradise and Warhawk) that I always wanted and getting MAG for free but they give the lowest priced game (Burnout) as the free game.

tarius1210 said:
Bastards. I tried getting two cheap games (Burnout Paradise and Warhawk) that I always wanted and getting MAG for free but they give the lowest priced game (Burnout) as the free game.

Have you ever been to a sale before?

tarius1210 said:

Ovid

I tried to see if I could sneak one by them but they seem to have there shit together. So far I'm looking at getting Need For Speed Shift and Uncharted 2 with MAG as the free game.

Ovid

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It's computer automated, how would you "sneak one by"? SMH.
The PS3 and Wii preorders back in '06 were also computer automated and you see what happened with that. I was just trying to see if they covered all of their bases.

Ovid

Urban Scholar said:
Cheapassgamer details
I admit it, I am a cheap ass gamer. Retailers use price discrimination through the pricing strategy called price skimming when it comes to video games. I don't have alot of time to game so waiting for a lower price is advantageous to me. I'll probably purchase these games from TRU and never play them.

Cherubae

The coupon code 931085 was pulled off of my order, and now I'm being charged $10.96 for shipping instead of $.96

Don't know if that'll happen for anyone else who orders off of toysrus.com

*edit* aah I figured it out. My order total was 74.98 instead of 75.00 or more :p That 2 cents cost me $10!

CartridgeBlower said:
Do all Toys R Us stores accept games for trade-in now? Or is it just online? Love to dump some old games and use it towards this deal.

All nationwide I'm fair certain, you should see a sign at your local one right by the entrance. That's how I stocked for this sale.

olimpia84

They don't take FIFA 10 preorders from what it looks like :( I guess I'll take my chances and go Wednesday to see if they get Uncharted 2 and there's anything left worth buying

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It's more than $150 if you include the prices before getting one free, which is what someone said works.

I don't believe so.... I tried the $150 coupon and it did worked as you described earlier. But I'm not 100% positive

Urban Scholar said:
There you go! Its hard to chose every time

Ya, I couldn't find anything and then I had too many to choose from. I wound up getting the nintendo made games for now since they pretty much never drop in price.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, I couldn't find anything and then I had too many to choose from. I wound up getting the nintendo made games for now since they pretty much never drop in price.

Good plan, I was walking around the sales floor for an hour just thinking and the guy working there probably thought I was crazy :lol

Checked a few pages back but couldn't find an answer, although I'm sure it's probably been mentioned -- does Best Buy or Target or any other large chain match this deal, buy 2 get 1 free? Sorry if it's been asked a million times.

CartridgeBlower said:
Checked a few pages back but couldn't find an answer, although I'm sure it's probably been mentioned -- does Best Buy or Target or any other large chain match this deal, buy 2 get 1 free? Sorry if it's been asked a million times.

very ymmv....I saw one poster at CAG reporting in his area did. Depends on management and who's working.

Urban Scholar said:
Good plan, I was walking around the sales floor for an hour just thinking and the guy working there probably thought I was crazy :lol

That was me all the other years when I had more disposable income. I would create like 3 piles on the floor and then add and remove games for like 30mins-1hr. :lol

Tendo

I think I might swing by my local store Weds for Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, and Boy and his Blob. Mmmm sweet deals.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. Those both work right now, read the thread (it's on the previous page) about what preorder games work and which don't.

sorry, didn't put that together. It's mid-terms so gimme a break...

Mrbob

So I'm reading preorders sometimes get cancelled for the b2g1 free due to them being on backorder. Anyone do this before?

For anyone trying to get Uncharted or Brutal Legend - make sure you go early, and call ahead. I tried to get Dead Space on release day during this sale last year and my store got in less than 10 copies. They were well gone before I got there at noon.

Don't expect to walk in after work and grab U2 or BL. Toys R Us doesn't have huge stock reserves.

REV 09

op_ivy said:
went to TRU this morning and was told the sale applied to accessories but not any of the cards (ms points). true/false?
they're listed as working online, but the points are sold out.

Top Bottom