• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale (October 11th-17th)

DCX said:
how do u apply the ten to a current order? It says you'll get the code for a future purchase

DCX
You can't . . . that's why I said "if . . . . you count the $10 credit". I know I'll buy another videogame on Amazon, so that is pretty much cash to me.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is a title that people might want to pick up with this deal.

Then again . . . will TRU carry it?

Muerte_X

Sweet, I just signed up for ECA, and did the free trial of Amazon prime

Uncharted 2 + Brutal Legend for 92 bucks (counting a $10 credit I had from ODST), with free release day shipping. :)

Plus I'll have 15 bucks credit from those 2 towards another game, which will probably be Forza 3, lol.

Glad I read this thread, and whoever posted about Amazon being a better deal. Now I don't have to deal with the TRU crowd, or worrying if they'll have the games I want. Plus, there wasn't really a 3rd game that I needed. I do wanna try Demon Souls, but I can hold off, I already have a huge backlog of games I need to tend to.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
"UPDATE: B2G1 FREE on all accessories $5 to $100"

is that deal up ? Tried to get 3 Live Gold packs and it didn't work.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Freedom = $1.05 said:
Dude, it starts next week. Hold yer horses, sir.

Talking about accessories not games relax.

Have never seen an accessories sale done 2for1 the OP wasn't clear on that lol

-nm

hmmmm interesting, we'll see next week..:lol

wat to get omgomomgomg

DMeisterJ

Banned
SilentProtagonist said:
so for the buy two get 1 free accessory deal, could I say, buy two cheap wii accessories and then get a wireless adapter for my 360 for free? eh?

The cheapest is always free.

So you would pay 100 + Cheap Wii Accessory and get other cheap Wii Accessory for free.

SilentProtagonist said:
so for the buy two get 1 free accessory deal, could I say, buy two cheap wii accessories and then get a wireless adapter for my 360 for free? eh?

The more expensive items will always be the ones you pay for, the cheapest item will always be the free one.

RBH

Now that Amazon is now longer supporting ECA apparently, it looks like this TRU sale just got a little more appealing.

How do you sign up for the free ECA membership on Amazon? (and what does ECA stand for anyway? I can't even search for it using GAF's engine).

RBH

Sho_Nuff82 said:
How do you sign up for the free ECA membership on Amazon? (and what does ECA stand for anyway? I can't even search for it using GAF's engine).
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373963

^^Here's the instructions for how to sign up for the free membership. It's normally $19.99 per year, but using the promo code GIMAG makes it free. I'm not sure if the promo code still works as of now though.

ECA = Entertainment Consumers Association

RBH

Slayer-33 said:
Talking about accessories not games relax.

Have never seen an accessories sale done 2for1 the OP wasn't clear on that lol

-nm

hmmmm interesting, we'll see next week..:lol

wat to get omgomomgomg
The B2G1 free sale for accessories will occur at the same time as the B2G1 free sale for games (10/11-10/17).

But it's not clear yet whether:
1) The accessories sale includes point cards.
2) Whether you can mix games and accessories for the B2G1 free promotion.

DCX said:
It worked as of last night as i signed up for it.

DCX
Marty Chinn said:
Wait what?

Someone said the 'GIMAG' code is not working for signing up . . . I have not verified that.

However, I do know that the ECA site is no longer dispensing codes right now. I tried to order something this morning.

I don't know if it is because they ran out of them or Amazon shut it down due to people using an exploit that allowed double & triple stacking of the discount.

:-(

speculawyer said:
Someone said the 'GIMAG' code is not working for signing up . . . I have not verified that.

However, I do know that the ECA site is no longer dispensing codes right now. I tried to order something this morning.

I don't know if it is because they ran out of them or Amazon shut it down due to people using an exploit that allowed double & triple stacking of the discount.

Ugh, stupid Costanza exploiting the system and ruining it for the rest of us. That changes things now.

AniHawk

A Boy and his Blob
NSMB Wii
Rabbids Go Home

If my TRU allows it, those are my three.

For whatever reason, I kept forgetting about Rabbids Go Home. B2G1F is the perfect way to go with that. What a nice little trio of games. Probably the best trio of games ever.

Virro

I was LTTP on the PS3. Got my slim a few weeks ago. I've got Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, Burnout Paradise, Dead Space, Uncharted 2 (on pre-order), and Batman: AA.

Looking to get 3 $30 games or maybe throw a $40 in there. What should I be looking at? Right now I'm thinking Assassin's Creed, maybe R&C Tools of Destruction, but what else is worth looking at?

AniHawk

Virro said:
I was LTTP on the PS3. Got my slim a few weeks ago. I've got Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, Burnout Paradise, Dead Space, Uncharted 2 (on pre-order), and Batman: AA.

Looking to get 3 $30 games or maybe throw a $40 in there. What should I be looking at? Right now I'm thinking Assassin's Creed, maybe R&C Tools of Destruction, but what else is worth looking at?

Mirror's Edge, MGS4, and LittleBigPlanet

speculawyer said:

I think they finally got the always applied code working. I put the code in like 2 weeks ago and haven't had to put it back in ever since and the ECA site doesn't give me a different code anymore. So any game I checkout is automatically applying the 10% off code. That's a good thing. I just checked now and it's still fine.

U2, NBA 2k10, and Infamous :)

If they have this nov 10-17 it's gonna be UGGGGLYYYYYY!

Holy shit i hope its not sold out by the time i get there :(

ukiraros

Damn, none of the 4 closest toysrus in my area even have Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, heck even their site don't even have it. I wanted it to be Uncharted 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and Batman AA. Oh well, Uncharted 2, Batman AA, and Infamous is still pretty good.

markatisu

RBH said:
The B2G1 free sale for accessories will occur at the same time as the B2G1 free sale for games (10/11-10/17).

But it's not clear yet whether:
1) The accessories sale includes point cards.
2) Whether you can mix games and accessories for the B2G1 free promotion.

Well in the past TRU has considered points cards accessories, the cashiers try to tell you they are not but it rings up that way

Hopefully that continues

Costanza

Banned
Marty Chinn said:
Ugh, stupid Costanza exploiting the system and ruining it for the rest of us. That changes things now.
I was far from the first person to triple stack. The codes are coming back unstackable in a couple days anyway.

RBH

UPDATE

Ok, here we go...

All the new PSN/XBL/Wii cards that activate at the register when purchased, will not be included in this sale. These items are not even considered physical inventory, but commissioned gift cards, and categorized as gift cards, not video game accessories.

If your store still has some old stock of any XBL/Wii points cards in the blister packs, these should be included in the sale.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6365859&postcount=587
So it looks like point cards will basically NOT be included in the B2G1 free sale for accessories (unless you can find some old stock of the point cards in the blister packs).

Alex

I didnt expect them to have Demons Souls so thats not surprising, I hope they have Sigma 2 here though.

Costanza said:
I was far from the first person to triple stack. The codes are coming back unstackable in a couple days anyway.

I know you weren't the first. I'm just taking it out on you since you posted how to do it in that other thread. I'm not being serious either about being pissed at you either. :D

Virro

RBH said:
UPDATE

So it looks like point cards will basically NOT be included in the B2G1 free sale for accessories (unless you can find some old stock of the point cards in the blister packs).

That's unfortunate, but I guess I can see why they're doing that. Hard to make a profit off of those things for the store.

SilentProtagonist said:

I'm sorry...but I am always amazed that people actually ask this question.

They don't seem to have NGS2 up on their online store, either. Crap on a shit cracker. I guess its Uncharted 2 + Fallout 3 + random placeholder for MW2.

Unless they have Demon's Souls and/or NGS2.

RBH

Toys R Us is currently running a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off deal on their website.

Pre-orders are included in this deal.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255974

Use promo code 931073 for 20% off orders of $75+ (code expires October 10th) AND use promo code 931085 for $10 off of orders of $75+.

Gift cards should work online as well.

credit: the_legend_of_drtre on CAG

RBH said:
Toys R Us is currently running a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off deal on their website.

When does it take effect? I have two games in the cart and it's not showing it.

Edit: Ok, so the coupons equal the same as a buy one get one half off. I thought the coupons stacked with that deal.

RBH

Tkawsome said:
When does it take effect? I have two games in the cart and it's not showing it.

Edit: Ok, so the coupons equal the same as a buy one get one half off. I thought the coupons stacked with that deal.
Yeah, I should've clarified that. :x

Top Bottom